Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2016 9:52:50 PM EDT
I know some people prefer 3, 4, 5 o clock.

What's yours? I am finding my XDm to be digging into my side a bit when i sit down.  Not sure if its the position or the cant, or both.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
With crossbreed style holsters I carry at 3. Most comfortable and concealable for my body type.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I find with hybrid holsters (or any for that matter) I hike my pants just a bit when I sit so that the back of slide rides on top of my handles vs. under them which is where the holster generally settles out when walking. Helps a lot with the slide pinch.

Driving is a bit different, my car (SUV) has nice wide seats that accommodate my ass and my guns ass comfortably. Sitting in my wife's Jetta though is a different problem all together. The stiff and narrow bolstering presses the gun into me no matter what, generally if I am going to spend a great deal of time in her car I take the gun out, put it in a sticky holster and put it somewhere accessible to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry mine between 4 and 5 O'clock.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry mine 3:00ish
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#5]
4:00

At 3:00 the butt digs into the back of chairs, car seat etc.  If you put it a little behind, I find the butt then falls in more parallel with my back and it is much more comfortable sitting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a SuperTuck and a MiniTuck.  I wear both of them at 4:00.  They are both very comfortable holsters and surprisingly comfortable while sitting.  On both of mine a believe I added more cant than the way they were set from the factory.  

The SuperTuck is set up so that the top of the kydex part of the holster is exactly parallel with my trousers and belt.  This allows the maximum concealment without my trousers getting pinched into the holster when I reholster.  The MiniTuck has a little bit of additional cant that dips very slightly into (below) my trouser line.  Reholstering into this holster can trap just a wee bit of the top edge my trousers when I reholster.

I practice with both of these holsters a good bit both at the firing range and at home.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
4 o'clock fits my body style
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I know some people prefer 3, 4, 5 o clock.

What's yours? I am finding my XDm to be digging into my side a bit when i sit down.  Not sure if its the position or the cant, or both.
View Quote

I use all three depending on what I am doing. But mostly have

it at 4.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
4ish for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]
3:00 here too for my Glock 19. Little closer to 4:00 for my P220.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Around 4 for me as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top