Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 11:55:27 AM EDT
I am eyeing up a T-Rex Sidecar but from all the picture I've seen, there are no traditional leather belts in use.  Does anyone know if you can use a Comp-Tac belt with a Sidecar?  Or is the buckle area too wide?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have to be a leather belt.  My comp-tac belt did not even last me 2 years before it started sagging.  The whole belt is not lined with kydex so around the buckle area and the tail where it has the sizing holes eventually gives up the ghost.  I switched to the Ares Gear Aegis belt and it works with my INCOG Shadow XC1 I just do not carry it appendix because it is uncomfortable for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Ares belts. I thread the belt through one loop to the left, so the buckle is not centered but rather off to the left. That way the holster is centered with no interference.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the same wilderness instructor belt I've been using for 6 years or so. I keep the buckled centered. Works great.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:34:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The guy who runs T-Rex Arms (Lucas) wears a Stormrider Gear belt in a lot of his social media postings.

I own one and it works well for me for AIWB carrying a G19 in a T-Rex Arms Raptor.  Stormrider Gear is priced well too.

http://stormrider-gear.myshopify.com/collections/edc/products/warlord?variant=6145970563

ETA:  Easy to carry with my leather Beltman belt too.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy who runs T-Rex Arms (Lucas) wears a Stormrider Gear belt in a lot of his social media postings.

I own one and it works well for me for AIWB carrying a G19 in a T-Rex Arms Raptor.  Stormrider Gear is priced well too.

http://stormrider-gear.myshopify.com/collections/edc/products/warlord?variant=6145970563

View Quote

Looked at those. My only concern is the velcro wearing out, as it will, and that is all that holds the belt.  I have a couple Wilderness belts I need to send in for new velcro. I think they charge $10 for velcro replacement. Also is there anything sewed into the belt to make it stiffer? I order Wilderness belt with the polymer stiffener added.

As far as AIWB, my buckle is always at the 2 o'clock position.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looked at those. My only concern is the velcro wearing out, as it will, and that is all that holds the belt.  I have a couple Wilderness belts I need to send in for new velcro. I think they charge $10 for velcro replacement. Also is there anything sewed into the belt to make it stiffer? I order Wilderness belt with the polymer stiffener added.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing sewn in.  Fairly stiff, but nothing near the stiffness you'd get with a polymer insert.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Can wear with any belt, but the bulge in your centerline will be much less obvious if you offset a buckle to the right.

The sidecar clips are far enough apart to split a buckle, but it make a pretty decent hump on your beltline.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use the same wilderness instructor belt I've been using for 6 years or so. I keep the buckled centered. Works great.
View Quote

I'm using one of these as well, I just put the buckle on the left. I didn't realize how much more comfortable it was. Regardless, the Wilderness belt works great with the Sidecar.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can wear with any belt, but the bulge in your centerline will be much less obvious if you offset a buckle to the right.

The sidecar clips are far enough apart to split a buckle, but it make a pretty decent hump on your beltline.
View Quote

Definitely helps to conceal better with the buckle offset to the right or left, as there is no large bulge in the middle of your beltline. I have worn my sidecar with all kinds of different belts, and have found that a belt that isn't overly stiff is more comfortable for appendix carry. In my experience, if a belt is super stiff it tends to dig into my side/hip area and isn't comfortable for long periods of time, makes my back stiff sometimes too when carried too long.

Daily carry I either wear an older 5.11 nylon belt with the plastic buckle, or the Stormrider gear belt. I like the Stormrider a lot, it adjusts really easily and the velro is holding strong for me even a year later. They also have a good warranty so when the time comes I will have it re-velcro'd and keep on wearing it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on the belt and buckle. I wear my buckle in the middle and don't have the belt bulge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top