Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2016 6:00:08 PM EDT
Probably been asked before, but couldn't find anything. Considering picking up a g19 mos, and wondering if it's worth it over a regular g19
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I am running an RM08G on a 17.4.

I also have one on an FNX tactical.

I have an older RMR with a large orange
dot on a 22.4. I don't find it mentioned on
Trijicon's website. I bought it used at a
good price, so I couldn't pass it up, but
I prefer the green triangles.

Heads shots at 30 yards are pretty
routine. My new personal standard.

John
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
As a newer shooter my wife has improved a ton with an rmr. Im still on the fence about one for me
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive had a Deltapoint Pro on my G19 for nearly a year now. I have nothing but good things to say about the optic but, I hate it. I feel I spent too much for the optic, milling, mounting etc etc. For me it turned out not to be worth the extra $. I'm 90% sure I'm going to sell the slide/optic.

I think if I had more time to shoot I might warm up to the optic, or it may be because I went with the triangle reticle rather than the dot. Just not for me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a newer shooter my wife has improved a ton with an rmr. Im still on the fence about one for me
View Quote

Once you get old man eyes like I have the RMR is the tits.

I beat a class of 20 shooters a few weeks ago on some speed drills, and I attribute it (partially) to having the RMR on my M&P9.

I'm slightly slower out of the holster but follow-ups are retard fast. I think my first round will improve with time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:37:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have a good deal of experience with iron sights, you may not see much difference. I tried a red dot this year and admittedly it is badass looking, and definitely helps for longer distance shots accuracy-wise. But for quick acquisition and target transitioning, for me it was hard to keep track of the dot in the small window of my RMR. I admittedly don't have the time to practice with it as much as I need to in order to gain that good sight picture through the window during recoil.

I ended up selling off the RMR and stuck with my irons. My IG stream wont look as Tier Juan without it, but i've outshot people with red dots in courses and at the range so it didn't benefit me as much as some.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I beat a class of 20 shooters a few weeks ago on some speed drills, and I attribute it (partially) to having the RMR on my M&P9.

I'm slightly slower out of the holster but follow-ups are retard fast. I think my first round will improve with time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.  I'm almost 60.  With my glasses on the iron sights are okay (the right glasses) but if I lose my glasses there is no visible front sight for me.  Without my glasses, the amber dot in the RMR is just a fuzzy amber dot on the target, but I can still see it just fine.  My EDC for about 7 months now is

I've got more in the RMR and the machine work than in the pistol.  I resisted it for years.  Now I have two of them (P07 and P09) and I've bought DP Pro for another pistol.  The DP Pro cost more than the P07 or P09, but the advantage it gives me, glasses or no glasses, is worth it when it's me or them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Absolutely.  I'm almost 60.  With my glasses on the iron sights are okay (the right glasses) but if I lose my glasses there is no visible front sight for me.  Without my glasses, the amber dot in the RMR is just a fuzzy amber dot on the target, but I can still see it just fine.  My EDC for about 7 months now is

<a href="http://s307.photobucket.com/user/zsrbest/media/IMG_0166_zpsa98n8dhi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/zsrbest/IMG_0166_zpsa98n8dhi.jpg</a>

I've got more in the RMR and the machine work than in the pistol.  I resisted it for years.  Now I have two of them (P07 and P09) and I've bought DP Pro for another pistol.  The DP Pro cost more than the P07 or P09, but the advantage it gives me, glasses or no glasses, is worth it when it's me or them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s307.photobucket.com/user/zsrbest/media/IMG_0166_zpsa98n8dhi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/zsrbest/IMG_0166_zpsa98n8dhi.jpg</a>

This, exactly. My eyes started going at age 38.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Heads shots at 30 yards are pretty
routine. My new personal standard.

John
View Quote
This.

I have one on my P320. It took an interesting learning curve, and others trying it out saw some bad habits when they gave it a go and are more aware of what to correct now when they shoot their own.

OP, if you pick a handgun that is optics ready that you like, do it. Money well spent if you asked me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me your thoughts on having the rear sight in front of the RMR. I sent my slide in to be cut for the RMR already. Will be there tomorrow. I told them to cut the rear sight in front of the RMR cut. Now I'm concerned I won't like the RMR and I will be stuck with a Glock 19 with LCP sight radius.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The Glock could be set up with the rear sight in its standard location and the RMR in front of it.

I was told the CZ couldn't be done that way but I've seen (since) CZs with the rear sight behind the RMR.

The rear sight is the same height whether it's in front of or behind the RMR.  Since it's the same height, it obscures the same amount of the RMR lens.  In the heat of the moment, does you eye know/care whether the rear sight is behind or in front of the RMR?

And I feel like the rear sight being in front of the RMR does provide some protection from gas/unburned powder  from the ejection port.  It might also deflect an empty that head to the rear instead of out the side of the slide/ejection port.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Glock could be set up with the rear sight in its standard location and the RMR in front of it.

I was told the CZ couldn't be done that way but I've seen (since) CZs with the rear sight behind the RMR.

The rear sight is the same height whether it's in front of or behind the RMR.  Since it's the same height, it obscures the same amount of the RMR lens.  In the heat of the moment, does you eye know/care whether the rear sight is behind or in front of the RMR?

And I feel like the rear sight being in front of the RMR does provide some protection from gas/unburned powder  from the ejection port.  It might also deflect an empty that head to the rear instead of out the side of the slide/ejection port.
View Quote

I don't think it matters that much if the
rear sight is in front of the optic. Yes,
it does give a slightly reduced sight
radius, but they are a back up to the
primary red dot
. I think that argument
is pretty weak, so don't worry about it.
Practice with the dot & the irons both
and carry it.

Edit to add: I quoted the wrong poster.
My bad!

Edit to also add: I do prefer my rear
iron behind the optic, as well.

John
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Give me your thoughts on having the rear sight in front of the RMR. I sent my slide in to be cut for the RMR already. Will be there tomorrow. I told them to cut the rear sight in front of the RMR cut. Now I'm concerned I won't like the RMR and I will be stuck with a Glock 19 with LCP sight radius.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO the rear sight is better behind the RMR.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I routinely carry a G17 with a rmr. I was initially slower finding my target with the rmr, but with lots of practice I have picked back up most of the lost time in trying to find the target.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a RMR on my 19. Takes a few draws and dry firing to get used to Dot after using Irons or Irons after using the dot.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#15]
yes, everyso often
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top