BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Remember this isn't GD please say on topic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OP I believe with the right holster could very easily concern her current setup.  I carry a G19\XC1 combo and I am a slender guy very easily.  Although I do not worry about printing at all anymore because I have realized the rest of the world does not pay attention to anything I do.  I could probably ride a unicycle dressed as a clown some days and I bet most people would not notice because they are to busy on their phones.

Probably not the best idea to try during Clownmageddon '16

This is true.... Ok maybe I would just wear a Daffy Duck costume.  Just this morning I saw a girl so busy on her phone walk into a glass sliding door trying to go to the library.  I laughed out loud and hardly anyone else noticed because they were to busy snapgraming about their new kitty cat.

Remember this isn't GD please say on topic.

That's rich coming from you sir.

Back on topic: OP the most common gun I see small-framed ladies carrying is the G42/43, or an LCP/BodyGuard/Keltec. Obviously the Glocks have the better triggers, but are slightly larger as well. If you like your 42, you should continue carrying it. I am not a big fan of carrying in a purse or bag because it is very easy to forget and leave the bag unattended for a brief time, and it is the first thing a thief will usually try to take from you when you need your weapon the most.

Appendix carry seems to be popular with women, and the yoga pants with the holster made into them is popular as well. I had a G42 and 43, both with the TLR light/laser on them, so I realize it does add quite a bit of size to the package. The good thing is that its flat and thin, so if you can find a holster you get along with and are comfortable with it in that position, then appendix carry should conceal pretty well for you. I would worry that any kind of behind the hip carry would result  in a square shaped outline if your top was tight-fitting in the back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife uses UnderTech Undercover for her shiny Colt Mustang. They've got lots of offerings for the ladies which makes me glad, she does like to accessorize which is good because she'll be carrying it more and more. Mostly when she is with me out shopping or out on the town, she leaves the carrying to me so she can wear her outfits without fussing about a holster for it.

She picked the gun and caliber, plus the gear for it meaning clothing with holsters built in. If I was the one picking it all for her, the gun would be sitting collecting dust and not carried at all.

This should be a lady to lady talk in here, and us guys should shut our traps over what caliber and what gun, or even insisting on a light. Leave that garbage else wear; they are not cops looking into sketchy dark areas and they are carrying for self defense which means, not looking for a fight and being able to defend themselves if put in a bad situation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Keltec you can carry beats the Glock you can't. At least try ditching the accessories. Or wear a winter coat in July so you can carry "your baby".

I find I make better choices when I do what works, rather than what triggers my emotions. But it's your guns, your wardrobe and your life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First, thank you all so much for responding to me and helping me out!

I still am very new to CC so perhaps you guys are right in my being super self conscious. I just don't want to have to dress like a guy in order to be safe. When I get my Glock holster-pin (hopefully in a few more days), I'll let y'all know how it works.

Ladies (and gentlemen who have a woman in their life that carries), what are your favorite holsters/holster styles?

(Please don't recommend any other firearms, my Glock is my baby and he is all I need in my life ??)

The Keltec you can carry beats the Glock you can't. At least try ditching the accessories. Or wear a winter coat in July so you can carry "your baby".

I find I make better choices when I do what works, rather than what triggers my emotions. But it's your guns, your wardrobe and your life.

I'm in louisiana also. It's harder to conceal in this hot climate. I'm 5'9" and 175. In sorts and a Tee shirt I can carry a shield or a Kel Tec P11 inand IWB holster. It works but I find it uncomfortable. In dress clothes it harder. I recently bought a Ruger LCP to pocket carry. Like Snow said, a small gun is better than nothing. Try a smaller gun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs RumbleTruck has used the Sticky Holster and Sticky Mag Pouches a few times and likes them. They don't work with all her outfits, but gives her some versatility
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
5'9" 135lb female here,
I carry every day using a stealth gear onyx for my 9mm shield. Never had a problem with trying to conceal it  and its very comfortable and breathable.
If I am dressed up and not in jeans I carry using undertech concealment shorts, also works great.

Occasionally I carry a extra mag and flashlight on my left side(stealthgear double mag carrier), but more often than not it is just in my backpack.

Hopefully that helps.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
TL;DR - +1 for the UnderTech shorts

My wife has been using the UnderTech shorts for over five years now.  I believe she's on her fourth or fifth pair.  She carries a Walther PPS every day.  I mean, literally, every day.

I let her try a slew of different pistols and she loved the PPS.  After a lot of trial and error she found a way to conceal and carry the pistol that she was comfortable with.  I was happy that she was even going to carry, much less be able to carry a 9mm (instead of something much smaller and less effective).

She practices with it often and has found her own ways of dressing around the gun, and she can still wear dresses.  You would never know she carries.  I have a lot of "gun guy" friends and they don't even know she carries.

She tried the belly band, but it didn't work as well.  Her hips are wider than her waist and she doesn't wear "mom jeans" so the belly band kept riding up on her and in her words was "very uncomfortable and frustrating."  She is 5'9" and 125 lbs.

I teach CCW classes and I always tell the women that there ARE ways to carry the pistol they shoot the best.  You just have to keep an open mind and be willing to keep trying until you find what works for you.  I love the fact that more women are getting into shooting and CCW.  Cheers to you!
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
depending on what you wear:

appendix or almost SOB

bra carry (depends on bust size vs gun)

belly band

smart carry

ankle carry

the top choices for most women
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]
What about in your purse, if you carry one?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#11]
BES probably has the best advice and she's got a huge advantage over most other posters...she's actually female so she's got a better idea than most of us, the unique challenges that women face when carrying a handgun

One thing you won't be able to avoid, and all of us have this - you wind up with a box full of holsters that don't work for you. It's a part of figuring out how to carry. Don't shy away from it...it's going to happen; you will have a shoebox with a couple hundred bucks worth of holsters that just don't work for you. May as well get started on it And, the stuff that doesn't work, you can flog on the Equipment Exchange here. You won't get all your money back, but you'll get some of it at least.

If you want to stay appendix carry (and as a fat guy, I recommend it...if I can make it disappear with my gut, anyone who weighs less than I do should be able to make it disappear even easier), try a Comp-Tac 2'Oclock holster. It doesn't work for everyone (I have one and for me it sits too high...but again I'm fat), but the people it does work for, love it. I don't know if they make a version that works with lights but it's a start.

My usual standby now is a JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw AIWB. I have one for my Sig P320, G19 and Walther P99 and they all basically disappear the gun. I'm waiting on some neoprene wedges to make the Walther and G19 disappear even more, but the full-size P320 hides under a light t-shirt, completely.

Again I don't know if he offers or sells a holster that'll accept an on-board light...he also has a 7+- week lead time now, and they're not cheap. But, they do work. I'd recommend the "extra tuck" option at the minimum; it creates a bulge in the underside bottom of the holster that pushes against your pelvis, forcing the grip into your stomach some more; the wing claw rides against the back of your belt under your waist which pivots the gun even more into your belly; effectively hiding the grip completely without making it more difficult to quickly draw from concealment. It's great, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Carrying off the body is a last resort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  What about in your purse, if you carry one?

Carrying off the body is a last resort.

It has some advantages.  I carry a SUB-2000 in my murse.  Some women aren't able to rack the slide on small 9mms, but can easily handle a service pistol.  No one says you only have to carry one gun.  Carry a mouse gun on you, a Glock 17 or Beretta 92 in the purse.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I posted this listing with links on another thread but it may apply here as well:
Hybrid holster listing

Text without links:
I would suggest any of the Hybrid holsters.
In no particular order, it depends on who makes a holster for your pistol.
Though for added adjustability I would not hesitate to add Comp-Tac clips to any holster:
Comp-Tac Holsters:
Crossbreed Holsters:
Cover 6 gear:
Theis Holsters:
Alien Gear Holsters:

I've probably missed a couple of makers, but I've used one from all of these venders Alien Gear is probably the least expensive of the bunch.

Stealth Gear USA has a very interesting holster that is a hybrid style but the backer is vented and breathable which looks
comfortable Stealth Gear Usa But I've no experience with this holster.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have a belly band the Pistol Wear PT-2.  I use it when I ride my bike with a Walther PPS and they also make a smaller version as well.  Belly bands work well because I am normally wearing gym shorts and a semi loose/fitted shirt.  I am 6'1" 145# so I am a slender guy and it disappears on me.
View Quote

I have both a small and a large Pistol Wear Trump Card. I can carry a G19 appendix and it completetly disappears. 5' 10" 172lbs
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#15]
First off, outfuckingstanding that you take personal protection beyond an empty chambered, lint covered LCP in the fem product compartment of a purse. My suggestion...get a IWB kydex holster, wear it at 4 to 5 o'clock and commit to wearing it even if you have to buy larger jeans. So much of conceal carry is dedicating yourself to doing it.  You are on the right track!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Does it really? Women don't control access to their purses well. Every woman's turned around to find a friend's two year old opening her compact, or shaking her keys. Fuck purse carry. If it's not important enough to carry on your person, then don't fucking bother because you're not serious about guns anyway. It's not a fucking lipstick, it doesn't go in your purse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Purse carry is a horrible idea. For so many reasons.

It beats not carrying I guess, but yeah...

Does it really? Women don't control access to their purses well. Every woman's turned around to find a friend's two year old opening her compact, or shaking her keys. Fuck purse carry. If it's not important enough to carry on your person, then don't fucking bother because you're not serious about guns anyway. It's not a fucking lipstick, it doesn't go in your purse.

Dear UR,

Welcome as a new poster and reasonable question asker.  The white gorilla picture gets abusive and foul of language if not agreed with instantly.  Just disregard as necessary.

Small persons do have a hard time with concealing firearms on their bodies.  My son likes a 43 but is about twice your size.  It is a very good choice for a pistol.  Carrying it is the hard part in regular ladies clothes.

There was a lot of discussion in this thread over pocket carry.  It may well be meaningless to you, but I note its content:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/162387_Pocket_Holster_Design__One_idea_anyhow_.html

As a large fellow, my experience with the two hook inside the waistband type holster is that it is uncomfortable and bulky for the small guns it carries.

Most outside the waistband holsters for men carry the butt too high and rub ladies ribs in the wrong places.

The Desantis holster below is very useful for different positions under light clothes. I have it for a revolver and like it.

This model for a 43:  Pick the one that says:  DeSantis Kahr/Taurus/Keltec Sof-Tuck Holster by DeSantis Gunhide  IT FITS THE 43 PER FACTORY DESCRIPTION  Amazon is a little stupid and you have to sort through the descriptions.  Or find it on the DeSantis website.  Better yet, call DeSantis for real help.

https://www.amazon.com/DeSantis-Taurus-Keltec-Sof-Tuck-Holster/dp/B0096LN68M?tag=vglnk-c102-20

The advantage is the angle can be changed and the holster itself is minimal in thickness.  With a slight forward tilt, the holster J hook does not add to the thickness.

Ask DeSantis if they make the style for a gun with small laser.  It is something to look for in concept that actually works.

Good luck and be safe.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#17]
USA GI Ruiz,

Exactly what asked for:  IWB 42 with TLR-6

https://www.amazon.com/Holster-TLR-6-Tulster-ProfileLB-Carbon/dp/B017JKFR92/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1482590111&sr=1-1&keywords=glock&tag=vglnk-c102-20 42 holster w/tlr-6- tulster profile holster iwb&tag=vglnk-c102-20

https://tulster.com/glock-43-w-streamlight-tlr-6-iwb-aiwb-kydex-holster-profilelb-holster/

42 picture looks the same.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, for starters have you considered carrying a non-weapon mounted light and using a straight IWB holster?  At 5'6" 150# I am not a giant of a man but I have concealed full size handguns using various IWB holsters that don't hold a candle to today's current offerings.  My G26 and G19 disappear on me using the following holsters:

Raven Concealment Systems- Phantom IWB with soft loops or OWB with pancake wings.
High Noon Holsters-Reaction Light-Great 5:30 position Holster
Comptac CTAC - If you can't make a Glock 42 disappear with this holster you'll need to gain some weight!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Have you checked out Dene Adams Concealed Carry ? They have some great carry options for women.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#20]
The extended mag and light are what's making one of the most concealable guns out there give you problems. Try carrying a flashlight, and using flush mags.

Don't think you can only wear cargo pants and baggy tops now. If I can hide a full size Beretta PX4 while wearing a (patterned helps) T-shirt and jeans, you can hide a baby Glock. If you're like 90% of women, you already choose clothes that accentuate or hide certain body features. Ever had a friend announce she was 4 months pregnant, and you hadn't noticed anything until then? It's simply a matter of figuring out how a gun works with what you're probably already doing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Currently I am appendix carrying with a simple leather holster I picked up at Academy, but if I use this holster I can't use my TRL-6. I'm typically a jeans and tshirt kind of girl, but you can still see the outline of the handle. I've also tried wearing more baggy clothes, but that too seems to be a dead giveaway that I'm trying to conceal something. In the past I have tried carrying at my hip, carrying in various bra holsters (my boobs are tiny so this doesn't work), and carrying at the back of my waistband. I recently ordered a Glock pocket clip and I'm hoping this solves SOME issues.
View Quote
Sorry, only read first page, so this may have been covered:
A good AIWB holster makes a BIG difference.  I have a Shaggy AIWB and it has a wedge that helps to pull the butt of the gun into your waist.  Makes a huge difference in the butt of the gun sticking out.  Other AIWB holsters have similar feature but you won't get satisfaction with a generic holster.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#22]
My wife carries her Sig p238 in a Remora micro-tuck with good results. The softer fabric of the holster coupled with a clip actually make it very comfortable and she doesn't need to wear a belt. I use the same holster for my Glock 27 and 1911. Definitely my favorite holster so far. My wife tends to wear hip hugger jeans and wears the holster at the 4:30 position. If she wears a tight t-shirt you can see the faint line of the butt of the gun, but it really isn't noticeable. Hope this helps.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top