Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2016 10:20:40 PM EDT
I used the above mentioned for my IWB needs happily for years but now I have new gun and need a new IWB holsert. Before I pull the trigger on a new Minotaur, I am open to suggestions that are in the $80 and under range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Comp-Tac I wear often but it splits time with a few others. Another I really like is from Crossbreed; check them out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I switched to the Comp TAC Infidel Ultra. If you don't need to tuck in your shirt, it's an awesome holster. Easy on, easy off, leather back, super comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a MTAC for a G19 that I really love.  

When I bought a Shield, I had my mind made up that I would buy another MTAC.  However I decided to try an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and I'm glad I did.  Roughly half the price of a MTAC and every bit as comfortable/adjustable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a MTAC for a G19 that I really love.  

When I bought a Shield, I had my mind made up that I would buy another MTAC.  However I decided to try an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and I'm glad I did.  Roughly half the price of a MTAC and every bit as comfortable/adjustable.
View Quote

MTAC is best CT holster.

Have you ever thought about all kydex holster for IWB?  Draw is faster and smoother and reholster is easier.  One down side of leather is it holds salts from sweat and you have to clean it more often if you live in a climate like mine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
MTAC, MTAC, MTAC
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MTAC, MTAC, MTAC
View Quote

Yep,

I have tried some of the copies and none are as comfortable or as well made as the MTAC.

Get the best.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Makes my Beretta Vertec disappear

Ryan Grizzle also makes a mighty fine iwb holster. Rough side out horsehide ftw.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep,

I have tried some of the copies and none are as comfortable or as well made as the MTAC.

Get the best.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MTAC, MTAC, MTAC

Yep,

Get the best.

It is the clips..... I upgraded the FIL's holster with the CT clips and he went from thinking the holster was a PITA to liking it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I switched to the Comp TAC Infidel Ultra. If you don't need to tuck in your shirt, it's an awesome holster. Easy on, easy off, leather back, super comfortable.
View Quote
I have one for each of my handguns that I carry. I went through a bunch of holsters before I found the right one, I feel the Infidel Ultra is the best for me. I like it; because, of what you said, easy on and easy off. That isn't possible with other models. It's also very comfy.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:06:59 AM EDT
[#10]
CompTac CTAC.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I carried in an MTAC for a few years. Nothing wrong with the holster however I switched to appendix about a year ago and it's fantastic. It's not for everyone and I'm not trying to force anyone to switch, it's simply my experience that I can conceal a larger weapon and a reload much easier and more comfortably. Again it's not for everyone but it worked for me.

If I wasn't carrying appendix, I'd still use my MTAC. For appendix, my favorite so far is the t-rex arms sidecar.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
MTAC, MTAC, MTAC
View Quote

I have a drawer full of not-MTAC's that I should get rid of.  Only the MTAC's get worn.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I carried in an MTAC for a few years. Nothing wrong with the holster however I switched to appendix about a year ago and it's fantastic. It's not for everyone and I'm not trying to force anyone to switch, it's simply my experience that I can conceal a larger weapon and a reload much easier and more comfortably. Again it's not for everyone but it worked for me.

If I wasn't carrying appendix, I'd still use my MTAC. For appendix, my favorite so far is the t-rex arms sidecar.
View Quote

I've been looking for an appendix holster to try but... how do you take a piss with the Sidecar carrying a full size pistol?  I prefer low rise jeans and I'm struggling to imagine this all works carrying at 12 o'clock like they show in the pictures.

My other problem is that I have a tucked shirt 100% of the time I am carrying away from home.  If anyone sees this and has an idea how to reconcile this with AIWB, please let me know!
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've been looking for an appendix holster to try but... how do you take a piss with the Sidecar carrying a full size pistol?  I prefer low rise jeans and I'm struggling to imagine this all works carrying at 12 o'clock like they show in the pictures.

My other problem is that I have a tucked shirt 100% of the time I am carrying away from home.  If anyone sees this and has an idea how to reconcile this with AIWB, please let me know!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can tuck in a button down shirt and conceal my beretta vertec in a m3 tactical aiwb holster no problem.

How low do you wear your jeans? I wear mine so the belt rests on my hips. Ill try to find a pic

peeing isnt a problem
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can tuck in a button down shirt and conceal my beretta vertec in a m3 tactical aiwb holster no problem.

How low do you wear your jeans? I wear mine so the belt rests on my hips. Ill try to find a pic

peeing isnt a problem
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

peeing isnt a problem

Same place, belt on the hips.  I know part of my concern is having a clip over the belt up front.  I use C-clips on my MTAC and Infidel and I feel like they are unobtrusive.  Could just be me rationalizing it.  I would appreciate a picture.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't normally wear tucked in shirts but was today so had the wife take this. Ive also been to a wedding and a funeral this month wearing a tucked in dress shirt and I dont think anyone noticed my beretta.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't normally wear tucked in shirts but was today so had the wife take this. Ive also been to a wedding and a funeral this month wearing a tucked in dress shirt and I dont think anyone noticed my beretta.

http://i64.tinypic.com/20qnu51.jpg
View Quote

Thanks.  That's really not much worse than what I am currently doing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I've tried G-code, DSG, and some generic glock IWB holsters and I keep coming back to the Mtac.

The angle of it works well for me, and the wide spacing of the belt clips really keeps it tight to my side. The only thing I would like is some button/snap type belt clips. It's rare with a good belt, but those clips sometimes come unhooked, and I don't want to draw and have the holster try to come with it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Raven Concealment w/ IWB clips.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I was an Mtac guy for years, switched over to a stealth gear onyx and will NEVER look back.  

When I bought my new carry gun I went right to the comptac website for a new mtac, I was bummed when I saw they didn't make one for my CZ.

Thats when I discovered the stealth gear.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Check out Hidden Hybrid Holsters, pretty much all I buy now....excellent quality/fit/finish, and can be worn IWB or OWB
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i64.tinypic.com/20qnu51.jpg
View Quote

Cut that hair hippie!
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't waste your money on other stuff like I did. I started carrying a G19 in an M-Tac. When I would get new pistols i would try the cheaper options for holsters including Alien Gear, Old Faithful, and some custom kydex. I always turned around and got another M-Tac because the rest were not as comfortable. Buy once, cry once. Stick with the Comp-Tac.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I really like my comp-tac, but some days I prefer the Stealth Gear IWB holster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha excellent question and honestly as long as you don't have an extremely small... member... it's a non-issue. The trex rides high enough that I can easily piss in a public urinal without removal. Honestly if you're like 1" it might be a problem but if you're 1.5 you'll be fine. Ask me how I know... ugh I mean.  

I do not tuck in my shirt and if I do I'm either open carrying (as an LEO in plain clothes / super tacticool drop leg working with 3 & 4 letter agency mode) or I'm pocket carrying a j frame. I bet comptac c-clips could be rigged up to it quite easily. Trex has excellent customer service and I bet if you ask they will know.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Black Piont Tactical
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been carrying (plainclothes on duty and off duty) for over 30 years and have always detested the IWB holsters because I find them uncomfortable. Then I discovered the Stealth Gear Onyx IWB holsters. They are the only IWB holsters that I will wear. They are made of a perforated foam padding and a kydex shell on the outer side. Because of the padding the weapon is barely noticeable and the perforations allow the holster to breath. These are part of their Ventcore holster line. They cost $99, but, are well worth the price. I wont' wear any other IWB holsters. Combine these holsters with a good belt (I like the 5.11 Apex Gunners Belt) and OWB double magazine carrier and you can wear any weapon comfortably all day.

http://stealthgearusa.com/
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Comp-tac...CTAC

" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top