Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2016 2:41:23 PM EDT
I quite often walk my dog wearing gym shorts, are there any quality appendix holsters for a G43 that won't sag forward and wearable with gym shorts?
I know it's probably asking a lot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I quite often walk my dog wearing gym shorts, are there any quality appendix holsters for a G43 that won't sag forward and wearable with gym shorts?
I know it's probably asking a lot.
View Quote

i have one from blackout tactical i use with my pps m2.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
My pick for this type of carry with my G43 is High Noon Mister Softy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Remora Holster for my PPS for this exact purpose.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't appendix carry but my hanging around the house in gym shorts holster is one of those $10 uncle mikes soft IWBs. I've been using it every day for 1.5 years with my Glock 43.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have found the very best for this style of carry and I've been using them for 5-10 years.

Fist Holsters 1-K kydex uses a very thin kydex and a metal clip that has a hook inside which grabs shorts or sweatpants.

Gun clicks into place and has positive retention.

I use one for S&W J-frames, LCR, Glock 43, G27, S&W Shield and Walther PPS

They are very secure and also work in jeans and belt.

PPS is pictured

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I find that the holster is less important and having a good draw string is the ticket. I usually tie it tight and slip the holster in. I use a G code incog myself. I only do this if I'm going to be walking. For running in gym shorts a belly band is what works best for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I find that the holster is less important and having a good draw string is the ticket. I usually tie it tight and slip the holster in. I use a G code incog myself. I only do this if I'm going to be walking. For running in gym shorts a belly band is what works best for me.
View Quote

Agreed about the draw string

If I'm in gym shorts, I actually use my J frame with the clipdraw on it at the appendix position. That is if I'm getting up in the night to get water or deal with one my kids that is crying about something. I have thrown on an INCOG with a 26 in it with gym shorts, as long as the draw string is tied, no issues. I wouldn't want to carry all day like that, but it works for the few times I'm walking around in gym shorts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I'm in gym shorts, I actually use my J frame with the clipdraw on it at the appendix position. That is if I'm getting up in the night to get water or deal with one my kids that is crying about something. I have thrown on an INCOG with a 26 in it with gym shorts, as long as the draw string is tied, no issues. I wouldn't want to carry all day like that, but it works for the few times I'm walking around in gym shorts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually only have gym shorts on if i'm well, going to the gym. Sometimes if i'm going to the store on a whim. If i'm at the gym or shooting basketball i go to off body carry that's close. It's not ideal but i can't work out with a gun on.

EDIT.    I'm carrying a 26 in the incog. Something like a Smith and Wesson Airweight with the clipdraw or a Ruger LCP could lighten the load substantially.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Agree with the above, its all about the drawstring/waistband of the shorts, because the weight of the gun is something you cant change.

Pro-Tip - pick up a couple pairs of athletic shorts that have an actual "waistband," not just the little white string that doesn't do very much. I work out regularly and coach at a gym, so I am in gym shorts almost daily. This waistband still has a drawstring, but the actual band part makes it much easier to hold up the weight of a sidearm. The design is very similar to board shorts, if that helps you picture the ones i'm talking about.

I wear the Reebok ones, you can find them at their outlet stores in the "crossfit" section, and they are usually on sell for about 20 bucks. They last forever though, ive worn the same ones for years.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I usually only have gym shorts on if i'm well, going to the gym. Sometimes if i'm going to the store on a whim. If i'm at the gym or shooting basketball i go to off body carry that's close. It's not ideal but i can't work out with a gun on.

EDIT.    I'm carrying a 26 in the incog. Something like a Smith and Wesson Airweight with the clipdraw or a Ruger LCP could lighten the load substantially.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An airweight j frame with a clipdraw will make you forget you are carrying.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Agree with the above, its all about the drawstring/waistband of the shorts, because the weight of the gun is something you cant change.

Pro-Tip - pick up a couple pairs of athletic shorts that have an actual "waistband," not just the little white string that doesn't do very much. I work out regularly and coach at a gym, so I am in gym shorts almost daily. This waistband still has a drawstring, but the actual band part makes it much easier to hold up the weight of a sidearm. The design is very similar to board shorts, if that helps you picture the ones i'm talking about.

I wear the Reebok ones, you can find them at their outlet stores in the "crossfit" section, and they are usually on sell for about 20 bucks. They last forever though, ive worn the same ones for years.
View Quote

That is good advice. I've seen shorts like that, but never bothered to try them out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
HSGI Micro Grip, a solid belt, and an appropriate holster would suffice. You don't even need belt loops.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a PT2 Belly Band when I go running. No need to worry about the drawstring failing and my gun & shorts falling to my ankles and tripping me.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I use a PT2 Belly Band when I go running. No need to worry about the drawstring failing and my gun & shorts falling to my ankles and tripping me.

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-pktq5q/louie/products/81/images/471/PT_2_Black__44467.1428107734.400.267.jpg
View Quote

These are great I use one with my PPS for bike riding.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Crossbreed belly band or the above mentioned PPS
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#19]
remora and cinch it tight
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-pktq5q/louie/products/81/images/471/PT_2_Black__44467.1428107734.400.267.jpg
View Quote

I've used one of these for several years now and have been happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I just posted a video about this yesterday. Just wear a gun belt under your shorts. Way more comfortable that you'd think. I ran 7 miles the other night with a J frame, keys, and flashlight all on my waistband with this method and hardly even noticed it.

Here's a link if you want to check out the video for an in depth explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZRateuhkx4
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have used Smartcarry for shorts or gym pants carry for many years. Works great, fits extra mag, small folder and forget it's there!
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I've always found it easiest to carry an LCP/TCP/P32 in the pocket with basketball shorts. Appendix would work but I'd want a something really lightweight.

A standard holster with a belt clip with an air weight J frame would be ideal IMO.

God I want a J frame...
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just posted a video about this yesterday. Just wear a gun belt under your shorts. Way more comfortable that you'd think. I ran 7 miles the other night with a J frame, keys, and flashlight all on my waistband with this method and hardly even noticed it.

Here's a link if you want to check out the video for an in depth explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZRateuhkx4
View Quote

This is what I usually do when wearing gym shorts.

ETA: ti works with most holsters but does NOT work with my Shaggy AIWB holster.  I forget exactly how the belt clip works, but basically the clip goes on your pants and there is a hook that catches under the belt. W ithout pants and an attached belt when you draw the holster comes out still attached to the gun
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have incog for my g43 too. Drawstring is key factor
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I wear my regular kydex AIWB on a Volund g-hook belt under my shorts when I walk or jog.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#28]
smart carry
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm still on the look out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Fist Holsters 1-K kydex... thank me later, best ive found
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this the correct one?

1-K Kydex
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I quit trying to find methods to fit around athletic shorts for workouts and bought a pair of 5.11 vaporlite shorts. They are pricey, but outstanding. I use a normal 1.5" belt and carry my G43 AIWB while running and its like its not even there. For out and about I can carry my G19 and spare mag, both IWB, the same as I can with jeans.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is this the correct one?

1-K Kydex
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this the correct one?

1-K Kydex

Yes Sir

I have them for J-frame, G26, G43, Sig 230, LCR

They are outstanding for shorts and sweatpants. I prefer the full sweat guard.

There's a barb inside the metal clip that keeps holster secure on the draw.

Only caution is that the thin kydex could be prone to crack if you are rough on the holster when the gun is NOT in it...

Example would be rolling around on ground during training with gun out.

If you are planning a rough range session though I just use a belt and more traditional AIWB rig.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I quit trying to find methods to fit around athletic shorts for workouts and bought a pair of 5.11 vaporlite shorts. They are pricey, but outstanding. I use a normal 1.5" belt and carry my G43 AIWB while running and its like its not even there. For out and about I can carry my G19 and spare mag, both IWB, the same as I can with jeans.
View Quote
Now thats interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top