Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2016 8:11:51 PM EDT
I need a pocket holster for my J-Frame. I'm curious what everyone's favorite is in this category. Price really isn't a concern. I just want a durable, functional way to carry in deep concealment.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using a cheap $10 Uncle Mike's cloth holster for years.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an uncle mikes as well. It works fine but I never use it as an actual pocket holster. I frames are just too thick across the cylinder to conceal in a pocket. I have mine rigged to strap into my vest for a concealed BUG at work
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
DeSantis Nemesis
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

This pretty much.  When the "stickiness" wears out, just buy a new one.

The Kramer is a bit bulky and hard to me.
The Galco  PH158 ?, rough side out, one is not bad, and would be my second choice.
I tried the Mika one for a short while, but it's wide mouth, just doesn't work on tighter fitting pants.

In this case, more money, doesn't really always get you a better pocket holster.
They just need some type of rough exterior, to stay put.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Look into the one by "Simply Rugged."  It is just enough to conceal the outline of the revolver but is not padded/ quilted as many designs are.  Never understood why you'd want to make the gun in a pocket twice as thick.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Whenever anyone says pocket holster, I say google DIY milkjug holster.  Seriously, thin as it gets and they flat out work.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I would like to stick with leather. The three I like so far are El Paso saddlery, Milt Sparks and Mitch Rossen. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

+1

I've had 3 of them for various guns. All worked great.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
DeSantis Nemesis for me also
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
remora
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have to ask why?  I carried mine in an Uncle Mikes IWB 36 holster and it was invisible even in shorts and a t-shirt and comfortable to the point of not even noticing it was there.  Why put it in your front pants pocket? I know a guy who carried one in his jacket pocket and actually shot through the jacket during a confrontation in a movie theater parking lot.  That makes sense.  But pants pocket?  Sounds bulky, uncomfortable, and slow.  But obviously, people do it....
View Quote

Mainly for times when shirt must be tucked in would be one reason. Otherwise,I agree to them being awesome iwb
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#14]
DeSantis Super Fly.  Works like the Nemesis but also has a panel that velcros on to help conceal and stabilize it in larger pocket.  Works nicely when I want to carry it in a cargo pocket rather than the front pocket.  It also feel stickier than the Nemesis.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I use a Sticky Holster, I like it for if I want to put it in my waistband I can do that also, the holster stays where you put it.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95 no tax and free 2 day shipping if you're a Prime member.

https://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Holster-MD-5-J-Frame-Revolvers/dp/B007MQC6MU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470755775&sr=8-1&keywords=sticky+holster+for+j+frame
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I've used most but have used a Mika for the last several years.  I switch between a 360, a 442 pinto, and a 60 depending on mood, weather, and what pants I'm wearing.  Disappears in my khakis or jeans at work.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would like to stick with leather. The three I like so far are El Paso saddlery, Milt Sparks and Mitch Rossen. Decisions, decisions.
View Quote

I used to have a Bianchi Pocket Piece, it worked well with the J-frame and has a tab that you push with your thumb to help draw the gun from the pocket.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Any opinion on Galco pocket holsters?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
The Desantis Nemesis really is worth a try, especially for the price. That said, I have not tried a leather holster for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]
+1 on Sticky Holsters.  I've tried the DeSantis and the Mika holsters, but ended up just carrying my j-frame without a holster because neither worked great.  IMHO, the Desantis has way too much extra material and adds a lot of bulk.  The Mika has really high quality leather craftsmanship, and  I would grab that one if I was making a display.  Unfortunately, it's not a great pocket holster as far as volume and excess material; plus the guy came off as sanctimonious about how long it takes to get one (almost 4 months of waiting in my case).

The Sticky Holster is cheap, ships quick,, has minimal bulk, and can be used as a hasty IWB if needed.  Very happy with it and just ordered another one for a S&W Shield.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#21]
+1 for Mika
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

This.

Leather look at Kramer.  And hit up Fleabay and get a gently used one.  

My holster drawer is filled with holster gold found on there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Desantis 106 Sof-Tuck with the belt clip removed
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DMCFT0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was using a DeSantis Pocket-Tuk but the squared off part that I guess is supposed to help it stay in your pocket when drawing didn't fit in some of my pockets but the holster was well made
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071BRXD8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've used most but have used a Mika for the last several years.  I switch between a 360, a 442 pinto, and a 60 depending on mood, weather, and what pants I'm wearing.  Disappears in my khakis or jeans at work.
View Quote

Mika is the best.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
DeSantis Super Fly.  Works like the Nemesis but also has a panel that velcros on to help conceal and stabilize it in larger pocket.  Works nicely when I want to carry it in a cargo pocket rather than the front pocket.  It also feel stickier than the Nemesis.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31815523/442mooncarry.jpg

View Quote

This is what I use as well. I used the Nemisis and liked it, but this seems to work a lot better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm generally a leather holster kinda guy for IWB and OWB put for pocket carrying a J frame I haven't found anything better than this:http://www.lefthandholster.com/pocket-backbone.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
+1 for Mika
View Quote

+1 Mika

I have two of these awesome pocket holsters.

340PD, Mika, and an S.L. Variant speed loader. I don't leave home without them.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I carry a Smith 638 in a Nemesis 45-50 hours a week.

They both are looking a little funky, but they work.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Check out Braids Holsters
http://www.braidsholsters.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Since I bought one,  I'll be brand myopic and say they're AWESOME!!!. GET ONE!!!

Seriously, it's  all leather quality built.

After more then a year carrying in front pocket, it's kinda formed to my thigh and became really comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Desantis Nemesis for me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Mainly for times when shirt must be tucked in would be one reason. Otherwise,I agree to them being awesome iwb
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to ask why?  I carried mine in an Uncle Mikes IWB 36 holster and it was invisible even in shorts and a t-shirt and comfortable to the point of not even noticing it was there.  Why put it in your front pants pocket? I know a guy who carried one in his jacket pocket and actually shot through the jacket during a confrontation in a movie theater parking lot.  That makes sense.  But pants pocket?  Sounds bulky, uncomfortable, and slow.  But obviously, people do it....

Because I can walk around with my hands in my pocket and nobody's the wiser. IDk of any other carry method where someone can stroll around with theit hand already on the weapon.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis

this

I ordered the DeSantis Nemesis for my 442, but I find it way too bulky for all but jacket pocket carry.

If anyone else has had this issue and found a holster they like better, please post here. I'm looking for a lower profile option for jeans/khaki pocket carry.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

This is what you seek.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Had a Nemesis. And about a dozen other less than useful pocket holsters

Finally found the Mika.

Carry it everyday. Not a good fit in wranglers but will work with cover garment (pocket not deep enough).

Works great in Duluth trading shorts and pants.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I ordered the DeSantis Nemesis for my 442, but I find it way too bulky for all but jacket pocket carry.

If anyone else has had this issue and found a holster they like better, please post here. I'm looking for a lower profile option for jeans/khaki pocket carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis

this

Kydex that's nice and thin is what you seek. I have one of these for my LCP, contemplated getting one for my J-frame, but I'm getting a new OWB holster for it instead.

http://shop.aholster.com/product.sc;jsessionid=C532DC1458FDDC79DCC72C3C96F017FF.p3plqscsfapp001?productId=12&categoryId=1

or

http://shop.aholster.com/product.sc;jsessionid=C532DC1458FDDC79DCC72C3C96F017FF.p3plqscsfapp001?productId=1&categoryId=1
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Kydex that's nice and thin is what you seek. I have one of these for my LCP, contemplated getting one for my J-frame, but I'm getting a new OWB holster for it instead.

http://shop.aholster.com/product.sc;jsessionid=C532DC1458FDDC79DCC72C3C96F017FF.p3plqscsfapp001?productId=12&categoryId=1

or

http://shop.aholster.com/product.sc;jsessionid=C532DC1458FDDC79DCC72C3C96F017FF.p3plqscsfapp001?productId=1&categoryId=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeSantis Nemesis

this

or

I use kydex for my pocket holster. Not for a wheel gun, but a Glock 26. I used the a nemesis and a modded nemesis for a while. Also had a cloth Blackhawk one for a bit. I found that half the time the holster stuck to the gun when it came out. After a few 100 draws I went with a kydex.

Alabama Holsters is what I found at the time. Not cheap(40 bucks) and it took about 2 months to show up but I like it, and it works. I would probably go with Aholster though if I needed another pocket holster.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31815523/442mooncarry.jpg

View Quote

Thank you for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#42]
DeSantis 106 - 02 with the clip removed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top