Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2016 11:33:21 AM EDT
I have 2 of these holsters and find they are comfortable and convenient. Bought both off EE, one for a Shield and one for a 26. Both recently have cracked at the top of the belt loop while removing them. I estimate they were about 3 years old. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just lucky. I am now in the market for something similar. Any suggestions? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PJHolster for my shield and I've had it for about a year.  I don't use it daily since I work in DC, but I carry it every place I legally can.  I've had no issues with the belt loop cracking but I'll keep an eye on it.   Did you contact PJHolsters to see if there is any sort of warranty?

I suspect the top of the belt loop cracked by manually pulling the lower part of the belt loop over the belt instead of threading the belt in/out of the holster.  I'm guilty of that too.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Guilty as charged. Lifetime non transferable warranty :(
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Kydex like all plastic will eventually get brittle and crack with use. My PJ for my G42 has the reinforced clip, I can't see it breaking any time soon, The worse that's happened to it is the kryptek pattern is wearing off on the high spots. I've since retired the holster though in favor of my N82 and Stealthgear Onyx...
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guilty as charged. Lifetime non transferable warranty :(
View Quote

I would call them.  Tell them what happened they may still take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
For another low profile clip on type kydex, take a look at Clinger Holsters.
The clip is bolted on, as opposed to the formed/shaped clip of the PJ.

The Atom is tuckable, with adjustable depth. The Stingray has multiple cant options.
Both have adjustable retention.

I use them for G26 and a Kahr CM9. I like them.

I don't remember where I got it, but there was a coupon code floating around for 10% off.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
That Clinger Holster looks perfect and simple, Thanks
Have contacted PJ but since I'm not the original purchaser not expecting anything but hope the input could help
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have several PJ's and after about a year of carrying in my first OWB for my Glock 19, the loop cracked right along the top where it folds over. He sent me another one for free which after a few months again cracked. So he sent me another one but this time he reinforced the clip by adding a thin strip of kydex to the loop. So far it has held up (about 6 months). I like the clip for easy on, easy off but if this reinforced loop doesn't hold up I may have to do something different. He does keep covering them though no questions asked.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Paul (PJ Holsters) did offer to swap out my two broken holsters for the price of 1, since I was not the original purchaser-pretty cool. I bubba-ized them and reinforced them and they are still useable. Still looking for a similar replacement.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I've bought two of the holsters below, one for my Beretta PX4 Storm compact, and one for my wife's G19.  I've been using mine every day for a month or two now and it's become my go to holster because of how easy it is to get on and off, and how well it conceals. With the leather backing it's comfortable and the kydex shell keeps it from collapsing.

My only concern is that the clip doesn't flex at all when you pull it to get it over your belt, what flexes is the kydex it's screwed to.  So I expect the holster body will break before the clip does.  I've been thinking about reinforcing the area where it flexes so that the clip, which is removable, is forced to flex, but at $29.95 a pop if it lasts a couple of years I'm fine with buying another one.  The kydex is pretty heavy, so I expect it will last at least that long.  And his delivery time is fast, I've gotten both holsters in a week after ordering.

I've got no affiliation with this seller other than having purchased two holsters.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#10]
That does look comfy and simple. Mine goes on/off too many times a day and like you said if you get a couple of years out a $30 holster-WIN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top