Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 5:31:52 PM EDT
Looking to get a relatively inexpensive paddle holster for carrying my glock 17.  Anyone have experience with these brands?

I normally carry it with a desantis pancake which works fine, but a paddle would be more convenient.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the IWB Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0 and the Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB for the G17.  Love them both.  For the OWB you can use the belt loop or the paddle.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both the IWB Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0 and the Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB for the G17.  Love them both.  For the OWB you can use the belt loop or the paddle.
View Quote

Does paddle stay fairly close to the body ?  Or is it more like a fobus?  Not a deal breaker either way.

Is the iwb 3.0 open or closed?  If I ordered for the g26, could I also use the 17?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't think you could go wrong with either. I've got a couple comptacs and one of their belts, great products, however a friend has an alien gear and he loves it. I think alien wear is a tad bit cheaper. I want to pick up a Sig 938 and I think I'll go with an alien gear for it because they make a holster for it and comptac doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does paddle stay fairly close to the body ?  Or is it more like a fobus?  Not a deal breaker either way.

Is the iwb 3.0 open or closed?  If I ordered for the g26, could I also use the 17?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It stay's fairly close to my side when I wear it, but I use it for IDPA and USPSA matches.  But, then again, I use the belt loop as I like the tight fit, but don't want to chance pulling the holster with the gun if I use the paddle.

It is open on the bottom.  The end of the barrel is flush with the bottom of the holster.

I don't know about using different guns with one holster as I only have the G17 (Gen. 4).  Better than a Fobus paddle.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I started with an AlienGear 3.0 tuck that was specifically for my G19, but I was just fine using it for my G17.4 (the end of the slide sticks out just a bit but not bad) and my G26.  I bought a 2nd AG for the 26 when I added the Crimson trace Laserguard to it.   the only thing the AG doesn't accommodate is my G17 because I added a Vortex Venom RDS to it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried several different Alien Gear holsters and they are junk in my opinion. Comp-Tac is the only brand I'll buy. I definitely prefer them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've tried several different Alien Gear holsters and they are junk in my opinion. Comp-Tac is the only brand I'll buy. I definitely prefer them.
View Quote

After owning a Comp-Tac MTAC for a few years, then taking a look at a friends A gear I would have to agree.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I currently own 3 comp tac paddles with the FBI cant.

I've also had others that were sold with the guns they fit.

I think that, as paddle holsters go, they conceal as well as possible and are very well made.

I've never handled the alien gear paddle, but just from looking at them I can't believe they would ride as close to the body as the Comp Tac's.
The holster body itself with the two part shell also looks bulkier.

The Comp Tac is $15 more, but I suspect it's worth it.
As an added bonus, they tend to ship within 10 days.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on your girth.  If your waist is 34" and up, either one will do.  Anything below, Comptac is the way to go.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I own and carry with both. The comp-tac is a better quality holster, and carries larger guns better (G19 and BHP). I originally tried the AG 2.0 holster for the same guns, and was less than impressed with both. it just didn't fit right, and the molding of the shell made drawing/ holstering difficult. I had to use a heat gun to put a bend in the shell to make it contour to my hip, and to adjust the amount of retention on the gun, and flare at the opening for easier holstering. Comp-Tac has better construction materials and a better design, but you pay for those. I now carry a Kahr in the AG, and am actually pleased with it. I recently had the structured material in the holster break, and when I called them up they sent me a new holster base, no questions asked; great customer service.

In short, Comp-Tac is a better quality, more comfortable/adjustable holster, but at 30-40% the price, AG is decent, with GREAT customer service.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered the comptac

I might still order the AG paddle for my wife's little XDS 3.3 and the Iwb for my glock 26

True arf fashion.  I should get both.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ordered the comptac

I might still order the AG paddle for my wife's little XDS 3.3 and the Iwb for my glock 26

True arf fashion.  I should get both.
View Quote

Good call on the MTAC, I have one for every gun I carry.  They're exceptionally well made.  I also like their paddles for training or range work.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Went to order the AG 2 holster discount and the website errors every time I try to check out.

Perhaps an omen?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Comptac, bladetech, MT , safariland

The only holsters I will own. Based on experience and a small drawer full of holsters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra.. own a few of them for my HKs and Glocks. When ever I get a new handgun, I just order one of those. Alien Gear IMO is junk as said above. I have done the holster shuffle and spent alot of money to finally settle on this make and model.

I like it because I can easily put it on or take it off.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top