Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 3:52:52 AM EDT
After a week of Beretta Pico pocket carry, I am relegating the Glock 42 to jackets.

I prefer the Pico for trouser pocket carry because it is slightly less than the 42 in length, height, width and weight.

Please understand that my higher self knows I should carry a Glock 43 minimum CCW no matter the season. But Pico in the right front pocket is so easy that I never need go unarmed. It has all the current upgrades and is reliable after 400 rounds.

I can rack it without difficulty and trust it to be as reliable as a small centerfire pistol can be. Furthermore, Pico target practice is not as painful as LCP target practice.

(The promised .32 acp Pico drop-in barrel  never materialized but I was only interested in it because I have some leftover .32 acp to use up.)
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The 42 is way too big for pocket carry. My Mustang weighs less, is lighter, smaller, and carries the same amount of rounds. Don't know anything about Picos.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
After a week of Beretta Pico pocket carry, I am relegating the Glock 42 to jackets.

I prefer the Pico for trouser pocket carry because it is slightly less than the 42 in length, height, width and weight.

Please understand that my higher self knows I should carry a Glock 43 minimum CCW no matter the season. But Pico in the right front pocket is so easy that I never need go unarmed. It has all the current upgrades and is reliable after 400 rounds.

I can rack it without difficulty and trust it to be as reliable as a small centerfire pistol can be. Furthermore, Pico target practice is not as painful as LCP target practice.

(The promised .32 acp Pico drop-in barrel  never materialized but I was only interested in it because I have some leftover .32 acp to use up.)
View Quote

Regardless of CCW norms regarding caliber, a gun you're comfortable with, will actually carry, and can operate safely is much more important.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
So your delegating that huge G42 to jacket duty lol...

And here I thought I had it bad always feeling obligated to carry at least a medium sized auto (Glock 19) with shorts and a T-Shirt....

You could conceal a G42 in a pair of boxer shorts

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I pocket carry a 42 all  the  time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And here I thought I had it bad always feeling obligated to carry at least a medium sized auto (Glock 19) with shorts and a T-Shirt....

View Quote

Yeah I tried to carry a Springfield XDS for a while in the pocket.  Now THAT is too big.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The G42 is no pocket pistol. It's too heavy and is too big for what a .380 is supposed to be. I've got a Mustang XSP and an LCP Custom and both weigh far less, are smaller in both width and in height, over the bulky and heavier G42, lol.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The G42 is no pocket pistol. It's too heavy and is too big for what a .380 is supposed to be. I've got a Mustang XSP and an LCP Custom and both weigh far less, are smaller in both width and in height, over the bulky and heavier G42, lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the size of your pockets.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also depends if someone is dressed like a slouch or not too. Most pockets for those that are not dressed as slouch's in appearance, do not have those type of pockets. My job requires discretion and not to dress like street trash.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It also depends if someone is dressed like a slouch or not too. Most pockets for those that are not dressed as slouch's in appearance, do not have those type of pockets. My job requires discretion and not to dress like street trash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't make so many assumptions.

Not all of us are tiny humans either...

You don't need baggy pants to have larger pockets. My cargo shorts have larger pockets than my dress pants.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You don't need baggy pants to have larger pockets. My cargo shorts have larger pockets than my dress pants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am far from tiny and my hands are not small either. My points still stand.

The G42 is too big for what it is meant to be. If only some pockets fit it and not all universal, then it is still too big, and too heavy...yeah, even the weight still proves me right. POV will not change on this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The G42 is too big for what it is meant to be. If only some pockets fit it and not all universal, then it is still too big, and too heavy...yeah, even the weight still proves me right. POV will not change on this.
View Quote

Your still stating your opinion as fact, don't confuse the two...

My cargo shorts conceal a G42 in a Desantis Nemesis perfectly fine, and the weight is a non issue since I use a real belt.

What your looking for is a gun small enough to drop in a pair of dress pants, which is not what the majority of concealed carry weapons are designed for.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My cargo shorts conceal a G42 in a Desantis Nemesis perfectly fine, and the weight is a non issue since I use a real belt.

What your looking for is a gun small enough to drop in a pair of dress pants, which is not what the majority of concealed carry weapons are designed for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it is a fact and not an opinion, hence your problem with denial. I also use a real belt, what now?

And I don't have to look, I already have what I need. Two of them in fact. Universal to fit my every pocket needs, not suited for a particular set of clothes either. Do it smarter, not harder, FACT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, it is a fact and not an opinion, hence your problem with denial. I also use a real belt, what now?

And I don't have to look, I already have what I need. Two of them in fact. Universal to fit my every pocket needs, not suited for a particular set of clothes either. Do it smarter, not harder, FACT.
View Quote

Whatever helps you sleep at night bro

Embrace your small pockets and deny that your the exception and not the rule...

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a well known Glock basher who frequently states his opinion as fact. Just don't engage him
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're very delusional with your approach to this. Your edgy witless attempt to insult based on denial is already showing that I have won since you cannot engage in a discussion based on facts.

And there is no rule, so no exceptions at all. You're just being too stubborn to admit this.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night even though you are so very wrong
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He's a well known Glock basher who frequently states his opinion as fact. Just don't engage him
View Quote

Yea I kinda picked up on that.

Anyone who claims to "win" a Internet discussion is

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:35:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How cheeky, two glock way or the highway absolutists. No wonder it's going the way it is.

And anyone who is an absolutist or the highway in thought processes is especially
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
]I am far from tiny and my hands are not small either. My points still stand.

View Quote

Do humanity a favor and stop wearing skinny pants.

Also, go to the gym if the weight bothers you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually do us all a favor and stop assuming with this ridiculous accusation about me.

Also, stop being a drama queen since you cannot accept facts.

Click.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually do us all a favor and stop assuming with this ridiculous accusation about me.

Click.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click.

LOLOLOLOL WUT

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#21]

g42 is the same size as many single stack 9mms. the pico is the thinnest .380 which makes it far more ideal for pocket carry.

fanbois will tell you they pocket carry a chopped grip g17 in their kirkland mom jeans, but there are far more practical choices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top