Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2016 1:32:15 PM EDT
I carry concealed in a Crossbreed OWB holster at the 4 o'clock position under an untucked shirt. If I carry a spare mag at all, it just gets stuck in a pocket. I plan to start carrying a spare mag in an OWB single mag carrier at the 8 o'clock position. Not having used these for everyday concealed carry, it looks like the canted carrier would be faster for competition but the straight drop carrier would be more comfortable and more concealable for every day, year round carry.

Do most use a straight drop carrier for every day concealed carry, or has the canted carrier been found to be just as comfortable and concealable for every day carry?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Straight for me but I have never tried a cant but I believe it is going to be completely user preference on this one.  I can see how the cant might be advantageous but at the same time I can see how it might snag on random things.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a straight drop. Most important is simply practicing with what you have so it becomes muscle memory. I tend to carry my spare closer to 10-11 o'clock, since that's where I carry my reloads at work. In the end, it's all about your comfort and preference.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Straight
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
North to south for me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Straight
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
North to south for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Straight
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys,

It looks like for practical every day carry, straight drop is the way to go.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just to give another option, if I'm going to carry a spare mag I use a SHTF horizontal mag carrier.

I actually cut that flap off mine, still sufficient retention for my day to day needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top