BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In an earlier post I posted about an incident that involved myself and my girlfriend.  This incident occurred approximately 3 years prior to that incident.
This occurred when I was in my early 20's and just started to carry a firearm.  I was working at a local bar downtown as the doorman, bartender, bar back and janitor.  There was a guy robbing the locals and local college students at knife point.  The night in question I was working the door and a couple of police officers that I knew were telling me about the guy and his description and to be careful when I was leaving at night.
That night as I was leaving work I was walking down the alley to the parking lot and I heard someone kick a bottle which caused me to turn around. The source of he noise was the guy that the police officers had told me about.  I saw the guy, and while reaching for my gun I was telling him to get away from me and to get his hand out of his pocket.  As I was stepping back he was stepping towards me with his hand in his pocket.  When I finally was able to draw my gun he immediately stopped and started to struggle to get his hand out of his pocket.  Once seeing the gun he took off running one way and I took off running the other way.  I got to my car and took off.  About three blocks away from were I was parked was one of the officers that had told me about the guy.  I stopped and told him what happened and which direction he was going.  After hearing what I told him he took off in the direction I told him the guy was heading, and the next night he came in and told me that they got the guy.  It was a good thing too as I guess the guy was getting more aggressive and had actually cut someone the night that I ran into him.
I look back on that now and as scary as it was I can only image what would of happened if I had not had a gun.  I have had a few more instances that I have had to draw a firearm but these were in a LEO capacity.  I try to avoid any circumstance that puts me in that position.
View Quote
Our brain is our best weapon.

When it lets us down - and it will - we need to be ready to play by the bad guy's rules - and beat them at their own game.

You're proving that to be correct.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Myself? On a mountain lion.

My fiancee? She confronted a suspected burglar (turned out to be an uninvited guest with no ill intent, but who didn't think to announce himself) with a shotgun. There was also an incident where she had an M4 aimed at a mentally-ill trespasser for about an hour.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top