Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done it. The only people that saw were my mom and brother. They were glad. The guy was trying to steal stuff from our garage. He was holding a big item threateningly.

He was very responsive and compliant with my suggestions that he leave immediately and never return.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost 10 years ago in San Antonio I drew down on some dude. Wasn't really into guns at the time, and a friend and I were working out of town staying in a motel on the  3rd floor. My buddy had his father in law's old Makorov just in case.

After work one evening we hear load banging, arguing, yelling,and all sorts of commotion coming from next door. Sounded like a man and a woman arguing. My buddy sets the Makorov down on the night stand between the beds and says I want you to know where my gun is in case we need it. The ruckus quiets down and we start flipping through channels on the tv when someone starts banging on the door. My friend looks through the peephole and says "I  think it's the girl from next door"

An odd feeling washes into my gut along with curiosity as he cracks the door and asks her what's going on. I grab the pistol from the night stand and stand behind him with it behind my  leg.  The partially open door and my friend standing in it probably hid me from view so I just hung back and didn't say a word. She asked for a cigarette and seemed shook up. Her teeth were bleeding and her lips were swollen. She asked if we had a phone. We both had cellphones but they charged by the minute back then and wasn't going to hand her a phone. Said ya in the room but you ain't coming in, who do you want us to call. She said I just need to use your phone. My friend said I will call the cops our a cab for you but that is it. Apparently he had a funny feeling about her too. Just then a big dude came out of their room real aggressive, I had been peeking over my buddy's shoulder and slumped back down behind him.

The man shouted either to the woman or my friend "what are doing" she answered just smoking a cigarette and he said something like she looked afraid was she afraid of him or my buddy and said something like what did we have going on in our room. All of a sudden my friend stepped away from the door and the door flew open and this goon tries to rush in. I just instinctively raised the pistol in his direction and he saw me and said "oh it's like that." And they both left, not to their room but to the stairs. Called the motel's desk and the law. According to the motel they have done that before and use the damsel in distress to have people let them in and the man barges in and robs them. Police took a statement and that was it.

We were pretty rattled after that. Sure glad I didn't pull the trigger. After that I bought my own pistol and got hooked on guns and shooting. I was raised around them but as a young man it just didn't interest me until then. I have almost pulled it a couple of times and once reached for it but didn't have it on me and that was enough to make them squirm away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had a similar experience in a parking lot with a kid and a cap gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have only one time ever gripped the gun in a situation i thought i would need it for self protection --

Got home late one friday night (midnight ish).   In the garage walking to the house door from my car and i hear from behind me "Freeze" --- I spin quickly and my .45 is about to come out of the holster when i realize what i'm facing...

group of neighborhood kids that like to play with our dogs saw me come in and they were out playing capture the flag.  This kid -- maybe 11 -- starts laughing like crazy "Mr. ***** you should have seen your face.. hahaha" all that.

I pull my shirt back over the gun and walk out of the garage. "Go home... and don't ever sneak up on people like that again."

I about collapsed from adrenaline when i walked into the house. couldn't sleep for hours -- scared me to death. fact that I almost drew a gun on my neighbors kid didn't sit well.

I had a similar experience in a parking lot with a kid and a cap gun

In Afghanistan we had bunkers that were not much used, only had indirect fire once in the year we were there.  Well I was always a bit concerned that the fact that the locals who worked on post were allowed to wander freely might decide that they wanted to hang out overnight and maybe try to do something to a soldier in the dark.

It was cold out and had snowed.  As I walked past one of these bunkers a light came on and I could hear someone talking, but not loudly enough that I could make out the language.  So I turned toward the entrance and started drawing my pistol.  Medic MSG stepped around the corner talking on the phone to his wife.  I felt a little silly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been in three situations where I'd have absolutely drawn my weapon on someone... if I'd had one. Two of them when I was too young to carry, one when I was too indifferent and the immediacy of the previous two incidents had faded.

Those three situations are why I armed up, so if that ever happens again, the bad guy is gonna get fucked up and not me. Haven't had any kind of incident like those happen since, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been in three situations where I'd have absolutely drawn my weapon on someone... if I'd had one. Two of them when I was too young to carry, one when I was too indifferent and the immediacy of the previous two incidents had faded.

Those three situations are why I armed up, so if that ever happens again, the bad guy is gonna get fucked up and not me. Haven't had any kind of incident like those happen since, though.
View Quote

Just pray that your life continues in a way that the only time you find yourself drawing a gun from a holster for speed is in a competition/training setting. It still haunts me to this day I pulled a gun on someone, as justified as I was.

I hope I never pull a carry piece again as long as I live.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Benton Harbor MI .... at 17 while working as a full service gas station attendant attempted armed robbery, my 20 gauge trumped his .22. A few years later had an assclown high on something walk into my apartment and proclaim he was Jesus and was there to kill everyone. A M1 carbine to the side of his head interfered with his delusion.

Chicago IL .... wife and I took a wrong turn and caught the attention of a herd of hood rats at a red light. A 1911 placed on the dash board of that bright shiny brand new mustang changed their minds.

Fort Pierce FL .... Wife managed a security/courier service and had to take a late night courier run transporting a patient from the hospital to her residence. The ex-boyfriend who put the patient in the hospital blocked in my wife's vehicle at a red light and attempted to extract the woman from the vehicle, the wife's .38 persuaded him otherwise.

Tallahassee FL .... Late at night going thru the drive thru at crystals, approached by a crackhead (with hands in his coat pocket) demanding $20, a nickle S&W 19 placed on the dash of the corvette changed his mind. The Wife at home unloading groceries out of the corvette under the carport into the house at twilight spotted 2 derelict looking men watching her while hiding behind a pecan tree in the yard 30 feet from carport. When she retrieved the nickle S&W from the corvette they exited the property at warp speed.

All others were on duty.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
10+ years ago I was driving on the interstate around 2am near Birmigham, AL and realized I was about to run out of gas (needle was dipping below the E line).  I pulled off the freeway and quickly discoverd that I was in a fairly unsavory part of town, but I could see a gas station that still had the overhead lights on even though the attendant booth was shut down for the night.  I was concerned about running out of gas while trying to find a better location so decided to refuel as quickly as possible and then depart the area.  The automated pumps processed my payment just fine so I started pumping gas.  I engaged the lock on the fuel nozzle handle and let it do it's thing so I could place my back to the vehicle and look outwards.

Just then I noticed a ghetto goblin walking towards me from 20 yards away.  He started to ask for spare change / a cigarette / some other bullshit.  I maneuvered to the other side of the bed of the truck to keep a barrier between myself and him and told him I didn't have whatever it was he was asking for.  He just kept coming closer and closing the distance.  As he started to walk around the tailgate area of my truck I retreated back to the nose of my truck and told him again "I don't have anything for you".  He continued to move around the corner of my truck to get ever closer to me.

Now, at the time I did not have a valid carry permit.  I did, however, have a loaded Bersa Thunder .380 in my cargo pocket.  I REALLY did not want to have to discuss with the local PD why I had a gun in my pocket with no CCW license, but it became was becoming more evident by the second that the guy walking up to me did not have my best interest in mind, and a brandishing charge increasingly started to seem like the least of my concerns.  By this point the hair was standing up on the back of my head and my spidey sense was tingling.

I was still nervous about pulling out my pistol (being ever mindful of the video tapes from the overhead cameras), but as the dude rounded the corner of my truck (and was now less than 15 feet away) I reached down in to my pocket and flicked the safety off my pistol.  I decided if he took one more step towards me I was pulling out the pistol and pointing it at him, and if he took another step after that I was going to empty the mag in to his chest and deal with the legal repercussions.

The dude instantly froze, then mumbled something about "sorry to bother you", and then beat feet in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed.  All of this happened in the span of a few seconds, but to this day I am utterly convinced that I was sized up by a predator / was moments away from a violent encounter.  I don't know if it was because he guessed what I was doing in my pocket, or at a sub-conscious level realized that his "prey" had made the decision to kill in order to defend himself.  Either way, although I did not physically draw my pistol I know to my core that it's presence kept me from being a crime statistic that night.
View Quote

Same type of thing happened to me on the South side of San Antone one night about 3a.m.   I was headed back to Bryan after dropping a load of oilfield junk at a drilling rig and needed diesel bad so I ended up at a closed gas station.

A white ghetto looking car circled around the gas station and parked in front of my truck.  I was standing by my truck.  They rolled down the two driver side windows and four black thugs were looking at me and talking quietly.  I stepped back to end of my truck bed so I wasn't pinned between the pump and my truck.  I sized up the distance and decided the Glock 19 was coming out if they opened the door, bullets were coming out if they made it to the front of my truck.  

We looked at each other for  a few long seconds and they rolled up the windows and left.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:39:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Enjoyed reading through this thread, and am curious as to how recent some of these events were. It seems as though 10-15 years ago just the presence of a gun was a huge deterrent to a bad guy, whereas these days the BGs are used to having guns pointed at them by this point in their "career."

Really goes to show how times have changed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have yet to see a man that would beat a woman be willing to fight another man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once! Long story my fiancé and her girlfriend went out for dinner and drinks one night and the girlfriend went home with another man and left her purse in my fiancé's car.   Next morning we take the girlfriends purse back to and unbeknown to us the boyfriend was not too happy with his girlfriend going home with another man and decided to slap her around a little bit before she calls the cops and he takes off.  Guy was a real coward and POS.  We show up just as the cop is leaving and as soon as the cop is gone the boyfriend comes back for round two.  This time he wants to try taking his anger out on my fiancé.  

I wasn't about to let that happen and stepped in front of him to see if he wanted to try fighting a man instead of beating on a woman.  Well he declined my offer and said that if I wanted to "fire it up"  He would "fire me up" and with that he went back to his truck and I went to mine and was trying to leave when he comes back around the corner, hand behind his back with what looked like a gun.  I draw my gun and step behind my open door of my truck.  Turns out he wanted no part of that, being that he had one of those Skil twist screw guns and not a real gun.  looked like a gun from where I was at.  

He takes off, I and several others call the police, he gets arrested, charged with DV, battery, intimidation, assault deadly weapon as well as a few other charges.  End result is I had to testify in court he went to jail and I went home.

I have yet to see a man that would beat a woman be willing to fight another man.

Not my experiance. An acquaintance, (played football with my cousin in high school) was beating his girl on the side of the road here in Phoenix. An Army vet stopped to help her. The asshole beat the poor guy to death with his fists.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not my experiance. An acquaintance, (played football with my cousin in high school) was beating his girl on the side of the road here in Phoenix. An Army vet stopped to help her. The asshole beat the poor guy to death with his fists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once! Long story my fiancé and her girlfriend went out for dinner and drinks one night and the girlfriend went home with another man and left her purse in my fiancé's car.   Next morning we take the girlfriends purse back to and unbeknown to us the boyfriend was not too happy with his girlfriend going home with another man and decided to slap her around a little bit before she calls the cops and he takes off.  Guy was a real coward and POS.  We show up just as the cop is leaving and as soon as the cop is gone the boyfriend comes back for round two.  This time he wants to try taking his anger out on my fiancé.  

I wasn't about to let that happen and stepped in front of him to see if he wanted to try fighting a man instead of beating on a woman.  Well he declined my offer and said that if I wanted to "fire it up"  He would "fire me up" and with that he went back to his truck and I went to mine and was trying to leave when he comes back around the corner, hand behind his back with what looked like a gun.  I draw my gun and step behind my open door of my truck.  Turns out he wanted no part of that, being that he had one of those Skil twist screw guns and not a real gun.  looked like a gun from where I was at.  

He takes off, I and several others call the police, he gets arrested, charged with DV, battery, intimidation, assault deadly weapon as well as a few other charges.  End result is I had to testify in court he went to jail and I went home.

I agree.  We like to think the woman beaters are all cowardly wimps, but some agree fighting men as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Somebody looked at me funny one time, so I had to get it on.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was wondering when you were going to check in on this thread.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I resisted for as long as I could and I still didn't come up with anything wittier than that, lmao
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I resisted for as long as I could and I still didn't come up with anything wittier than that, lmao
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How's the hand pard?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the hand pard?

They're both doing awesome.  I made them stronger than they've ever been.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Back in 2009 my wife at the time had just moved into our new house, new development and the house was just finished. Our house was one of the few that was complete and they still had a long way to go on the neighborhood but they were finishing it quickly. We moved in to the house in early July and a lot of the houses were being finished up around Christmas time. Well with new developments come everyone and their brother trying to sell you everything from pest control, alarm, yard care and of course Kirby Vacuums...The Vacuums were the worst and we had actually heard some pretty bad stories about the sales people harassing the neighbors, being rude and very forceful and in some cases people felt that there houses were being cased which ended up being true.

I actually happened to be carrying at home after work and I think it was about 8PM or 830. Door bell rings and my wife answers the door. Right away I can hear his little speech about the Vacuums. This was not the first time they came and in the past I just said no thanks and quickly shut the door. This cocky little shit kept at it with my wife so I get up and go to the front door, politely tell him no thank you and don't return...he keeps going so I go to shut the door in his face. He pushes the door and walks right in asking us to listen to him. Nope, not cool with me. I was wearing my G19 and after he entered the house I drew my gun. He got the deer in the headlights looked and told him he had 30 seconds to leave. I never raised the gun but as damn close. He took off quickly and I think that was the last time the Kirby vacuum people came back.

I know they're trying to do their job but there were also a lot of situations where people felt they were casing the houses as we had a lot of break-ins. I have no regrets but wish he wouldn't have put me in that situation. You don't push the door open and force yourself into the house when you were told to leave.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Back in 2009 my wife at the time had just moved into our new house, new development and the house was just finished. Our house was one of the few that was complete and they still had a long way to go on the neighborhood but they were finishing it quickly. We moved in to the house in early July and a lot of the houses were being finished up around Christmas time. Well with new developments come everyone and their brother trying to sell you everything from pest control, alarm, yard care and of course Kirby Vacuums...The Vacuums were the worst and we had actually heard some pretty bad stories about the sales people harassing the neighbors, being rude and very forceful and in some cases people felt that there houses were being cased which ended up being true.

I actually happened to be carrying at home after work and I think it was about 8PM or 830. Door bell rings and my wife answers the door. Right away I can hear his little speech about the Vacuums. This was not the first time they came and in the past I just said no thanks and quickly shut the door. This cocky little shit kept at it with my wife so I get up and go to the front door, politely tell him no thank you and don't return...he keeps going so I go to shut the door in his face. He pushes the door and walks right in asking us to listen to him. Nope, not cool with me. I was wearing my G19 and after he entered the house I drew my gun. He got the deer in the headlights looked and told him he had 30 seconds to leave. I never raised the gun but as damn close. He took off quickly and I think that was the last time the Kirby vacuum people came back.

I know they're trying to do their job but there were also a lot of situations where people felt they were casing the houses as we had a lot of break-ins. I have no regrets but wish he wouldn't have put me in that situation. You don't push the door open and force yourself into the house when you were told to leave.
View Quote

Yeah. Seriously.

And even on a sales note...how does that make good business sense. "Yes, since you were so persistent and violated my home, I'll buy a vacuum."
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah. Seriously.

And even on a sales note...how does that make good business sense. "Yes, since you were so persistent and violated my home, I'll buy a vacuum."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Seriously.

No shit. Especially if they tried that in a state with Castle Law, shooting him DRT would be totally good. Forced entry equals good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Once outside work.  I went to a comedy show with my friend in downtown Portland and after a couple beers I naturally needed a McChicken for my walk back home.

Transient kid asks for money because his car broke down and I told him I didn't have anything.  He proceeds to get angry and starts yelling "Fuck you," along with a few other choice words.  Mind you I'm just sitting on the steps outside the restaurant trying to enjoy my McChicken.  I tell him again I'm sorry, I don't carry cash.  He responds with "Well it looks like we're going to fight" and starts approaching me.  At this point I stand up, pull my j-frame mostly out of my pocket and tell him to step the fuck back.

He stopped right quick and left the area saying "Did you draw down on me bro" almost in shock, like trying to rob a stranger might get you shot.  I finished my McChicken and walked home.

I've had to draw many times at work.  One shooting thus far.  Shit head fired from his pocket and killed my partner.  I returned fire and killed him.  Life can be a motherfucker.
View Quote

Damn, that last one man, sorry
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Many years ago I was the victim of a violent carjacking. All I had was a folding pocket knife and that's what I was forced to use to defend myself with.

It was nasty business. Blood everywhere. The most vivid image I have is of the him laying in the street shaking and bleeding screaming for his friends.

I imagine things would have been better for both of us if I had been carrying a pistol rather than a knife.

No regrets, except that I wasn't carrying a pistol

The police/detectives never gave me my blade back either btw

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I had to draw mine once during the LA Riots.
On the day the riots started, the company I worked for was very close to the action. The company thought it best that we shut down and go home.
I was in my Ford pickup on my way home cruising down Hawthorne Blvd. when I was tagged in the right rear quarter panel by a car full of "protestors".
I am not even sure it was intentional. They were probably just hauling ass in a car that they stole.
I was caught off guard, but managed to open my center console and draw a small .22 revolver of my dad's that I had.
I rolled down the window, turned and pointed the pistol directly at the driver.
I think I totally surprised him because carrying in LA was illegal.  He got all wide eyed and decided to back up away from my vehicle.
As soon as I was clear, I floored it the hell outta there. They did not pursue, but instead went the other direction, much to my relief.
I could have easily ended up like Reginald Denny I suppose.
The next day I went to a Long Beach Police store and bought a Beretta 92FS. That was the longest 10 day waiting period of my life.
From that day on, I carried every single day. Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.
That was also the beginning of my affinity for firearms and training.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
If you count "bluff" draws then yes.
Amarillo Texas, 34th and Georgia.
I'm on my motorcycle stopped at a red and I notice this cracked out white guy eyeing me from the curb.
Guy walks out into 3 lanes of stopped traffic with eyes fixed.
This was years before I had my CHL and the "traveling" clause was in effect for pistols carried in a POV.
So, I bluffed. I locked eyes with him, reached my hand into my tank bag, and slowly nodded my head "no".
It worked- guy did an abrupt about face and ran off. I
I ended up lane splitting a couple rows and ran the red.

Although it would be another 3 years before I got my CHL, it was a defining point in my life.

On a side note- I never could get a straight answer if carrying a pistol in a motorcycle bag was equal to keeping one in your 4 wheeled vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the hand pard?

Would you mind reposting or linking your experience?  I thought I had subscribed to it.

ETA:  Glad that you are recovering well and stronger than ever.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Would you mind reposting or linking your experience?  I thought I had subscribed to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the hand pard?

Link to the AAR     http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_AAR__Now_with_More_Graphic_Pics_on_pg_29_and_30.html

Thanks, and yep, I think I'm pretty much recovered.       http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1926417_Transformation_Thursday_My_quest_to_compete_in_a_Men_s_Physique_Competition__TLDR___Pics.html
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I was a young (24) parole officer.  I was working a second job nights at a federally contracted halfway house and got off at 2 am.  I went ot he local wally to do some shopping so I wouldn't have to go back out for breakfast the next morning.  

I was in the auto motive section around 3 am looking at motor oil for my truck and I heard some body call me "Mr. Gotuonpaper"

I knew it was an offender by how he addressed me.  

I looked up and at the end of the aisle about 35-40 feet away I saw  him standing there obviously drunk.  

He started complaining about how I had "been treating him" (making him follow the rules) and started balling his fists and taking an aggressive posture.   I started backing up trying to make more space and get out of the confining aisles.  

He pulled a knife from his waistband and it all went in to slow motion.  

I drew my Glock 23 from a Don Hume PCCH I had snapped on right before walking in the store and almost left in the truck console.  

I started yelling at him to drop the knife and get on the ground.  He stood still and was cussing me and calling me a pussy for drawing a gun on him.  

Luckily a stock clerk heard the commotion and came around the corner and I told him to call 911 and tell them an officer needed assistance and ask for code 3 response.  

It seemed like 3 hours before they got there but the first unit arrived in 8 minutes from the time of the call.  

He got his parole revoked and charged for the assault on a peace officer.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was a young (24) parole officer.  I was working a second job nights at a federally contracted halfway house and got off at 2 am.  I went ot he local wally to do some shopping so I wouldn't have to go back out for breakfast the next morning.  

I was in the auto motive section around 3 am looking at motor oil for my truck and I heard some body call me "Mr. Gotuonpaper"

I knew it was an offender by how he addressed me.  

I looked up and at the end of the aisle about 35-40 feet away I saw  him standing there obviously drunk.  

He started complaining about how I had "been treating him" (making him follow the rules) and started balling his fists and taking an aggressive posture.   I started backing up trying to make more space and get out of the confining aisles.  

He pulled a knife from his waistband and it all went in to slow motion.  

I drew my Glock 23 from a Don Hume PCCH I had snapped on right before walking in the store and almost left in the truck console.  

I started yelling at him to drop the knife and get on the ground.  He stood still and was cussing me and calling me a pussy for drawing a gun on him.  

Luckily a stock clerk heard the commotion and came around the corner and I told him to call 911 and tell them an officer needed assistance and ask for code 3 response.  

It seemed like 3 hours before they got there but the first unit arrived in 8 minutes from the time of the call.  

He got his parole revoked and charged for the assault on a peace officer.
View Quote

Two things...

1.  Good example of drawing a gun and resolving the situation without having to fire a shot.  I'm sure had he advanced, you would have stopped him post haste, but you didn't have to, so you didn't.  After having someone actually use their weapon on me already, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the patience to talk to him or give him a chance.  "Sorry, but the first guy ruined that for you."

2.  Good example of a criminal's mentality.  In his mind, he's completely justified in everything he does, including presenting deadly force on what he assumes is an unarmed victim.  However, you are the "pussy" for drawing the gun.

Glad you were able to get out of the situation unharmed and without having to shoot someone.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I had an interesting situation this morning.  I went to the storage space to get a table for a party.  There was a truck with on person sitting off to the side of the gate. I entered my code and drove into the facility.

I watched the truck in my rear view mirror and as I turned the first corner I saw the truck enter the facility.  I stopped and unlocked my unit and heard the truck come around the corner.

Being an idiot, I did not have my 9mm in my pocket. ( I work at a university and cannot carry into the office.)  I made an Usain Bolt dash to the vehicle door which I left open and retrieved my SP2022 out of the seatcarry pouch.

I have read a lot about "brandishing" your gun so I just kept the pistol in my left hand inside the vehicle.  The idiot got out of his truck and says "Are you Jeff?" (The manager of the facility), I responded "No", he got back in the truck and exited the facility.

Take-aways:
1) Carry your freaking weapon as often as possible
2) Always carry your weapon as often as possible
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Incredible story Blitz.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the hand pard?

Link to the AAR     http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_AAR__Now_with_More_Graphic_Pics_on_pg_29_and_30.html

Thanks, and yep, I think I'm pretty much recovered.       http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1926417_Transformation_Thursday_My_quest_to_compete_in_a_Men_s_Physique_Competition__TLDR___Pics.html

Glad you made it out ok, I remember reading that op several years ago. What I don't remember, did you make changes to your carry weapon? If so, what do you carry now?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Great stories gents...Nothing warms my heart like a ventilated bad guy.

Been carrying every day since I turned 21 and will never leave home without one..
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the hand pard?

Man I just read you're story's All I got to say is I'm glad you are here to tell it & you look great.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I drew down on someone when I was 13
shouldn't have but I did
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Only once, not very dramatic.

Some high school aged kids, maybe 16 or 17 were running down our street at night and stopped at my across the street neighbors truck parked on his driveway. Couldn't see what they were doing. Some of them broke away and ran into our front yard. I went to the window and couldn't find see them so I opened the front door holding a handgun (Springfield stainless loaded). One of them came out, apologized and explained they were playing a large game of hide and go seek or something. He gathered his friends at my neighbor's house and calmly walked out of our block. At first I thought they were breaking into my neighbor's truck, when they ran toward us I thought maybe they were going to try breaking into my car.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Glad you made it out ok, I remember reading that op several years ago. What I don't remember, did you make changes to your carry weapon? If so, what do you carry now?
View Quote

Most of the time it's the Glock 19.  Sometimes the Valor.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Once drew down on a Jehova's Witness when he stuck his foot in the door to prevent me from closing it. Told them when they rang the bell that my grandparents were Church of Christ and I was Methodist, they were on a private lane clearly marked no soliciting, and they needed to leave. One of the men took offense with me telling them they couldn't go door to door on that street, and he tried to tell me that God doesn't acknowledge private lanes, and that his word needs to be hear everywhere I told them to go, and went to shut the door, and the guy closest to the door puts his foot in it to prevent me from closing it and proceeds to attempt to push the door back open. I drew what I think was my USP45 or my Glock 21 and held it at a low ready. I went from pleasant to shouting orders to get the fuck off my property and to leave the private lane.

As stupid of a situation as it was, if he had tried to come through the door, I'm not sure what I would have done. There were 4 other people on the porch and all I could think about was that I had no witnesses.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I drew down on a tweaked out new hire when I was doing residential construction as a subcontactor in 2002 or so.

Guy was screaming he'd kill another subcontractor  and was repeatedly reaching for his hammer, which he'd laid down somewhere in the work up to threatening the other guy.

I figured it was a matter of time until he grabbed a screwdriver/prybar/something and tried to get close enough to stab/beat someone.  I fetched a Sig 220 compact out of my truck and took up a spot across the room from him. The owner tried to de-escalate the situation and offered to pay the guy a full days wages to go away, we'd been at work a couple hours at that point.

He started threatening the owner and got all worked up again, foaming at the mouth and screaming . After another couple minutes of trying to talk the guy down and get him to leave he said he was going to smash in my skull or something and I told him Id shoot him in the face if he tried. He said something stupid like "where's your gun tough guy?" and cocked his arm back and took a step forward. Out came the Sig and he stopped mid stride and started back peddling as fast he could.

He started crying and yelling I couldnt have a gun and he was gonna call the cops. Someone behind me was yelling "Dont shoot him!"

The owner scratched out a check for $100 and told him to leave. Then came back and thanked me for getting involved. The other sub thanked me too. We had a quick meeting and one of the new hires was saying he wasnt comfortable knowing I carry a gun I asked him if he missed the guy trying to kill people ?

I wish I had a pistol in Hawaii when I was attacked in 2015 . As it was , it turned out alright for me with just a knife
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I had an interesting situation this morning.  I went to the storage space to get a table for a party.  There was a truck with on person sitting off to the side of the gate. I entered my code and drove into the facility.

I watched the truck in my rear view mirror and as I turned the first corner I saw the truck enter the facility.  I stopped and unlocked my unit and heard the truck come around the corner.

Being an idiot, I did not have my 9mm in my pocket. ( I work at a university and cannot carry into the office.)  I made an Usain Bolt dash to the vehicle door which I left open and retrieved my SP2022 out of the seatcarry pouch.

I have read a lot about "brandishing" your gun so I just kept the pistol in my left hand inside the vehicle.  The idiot got out of his truck and says "Are you Jeff?" (The manager of the facility), I responded "No", he got back in the truck and exited the facility.

Take-aways:
1) Carry your freaking weapon as often as possible
2) Always carry your weapon as often as possible
View Quote

I don't understand why this situation was "interesting".  The only mildly suspicious thing about the guy was that by sitting off to the side of the gate, he looked like he might be waiting to tailgate in after someone with a code.  Was that the only thing that made you dash back to your car?  What made you feel you had to have weapon in hand?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yes..... Guy totally road raged out because I had to swerve to miss some jackass who rode his bike into traffic he thought I was trying to hit him.  Got to a red light and proceeded to threaten me and get out of his truck.  He saw the pistol and I told him he was on camera he got back in his truck and burned off through a red light.

Second time was years back in north Houston/Tomball area.  Very high adrenaline situation I could barely breathe my heart was pounding so hard thinking I was in a situation where rule #4 prevented me from doing anything and only could wait for the popo to show up and the guy fear I would do something.  Terrible situation and never been so high on adrenaline than that.
View Quote

Nicely done with the truck.  

I've never had a situation like that but I remember once when I was a kid I was in some suburb of LA and some big Mexican guy did the exact same thing to an Asian driver.  Saw the Asian guy rolling up his windows as we drove by.  No idea what the outcome was but I never forgot that.  

I now keep a SKS in my truck under the backseat  and a pistol in a locked box tethered under my seat in case of similar situations repeating.  I've practiced some and I can have the pistol out and loaded in under 9 seconds and I can get the SKS out in about 45 seconds.  No it's not perfect but hey, I have two car seats to move before I can get to the rifle.  

That's the best I can do in this state since my county won't give me a CCW
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My experiences arresting people who've committed domestic violence differ and indicate that plenty will go hands on with a guy.
The whole "if they hit women they won't fight a guy" is nonsense in my opinion.
View Quote

I have no experience with LEO work but ya that struck me as pretty cringe worthy white knighting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Blitz that was an incredible story.  Well done, Sir!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Didn't really draw on anyone but had to display a weapon.

Was at my GF's house out in the country. One night this past summer I went into the bathroom to piss (after doing my manly duties :) ) and noticed a truck in her long driveway pointed back towards the road with the dome light on.  I asked GF if she was expecting anyone and she says no. I grabbed my G23 and we went out on her back deck adjacent to the driveway. Turns out it was an old gal friend of hers with some dude, still to this day not sure what they were doing.  They both jumped out and came up to say hi. I was holding my Glock behind my back in my right hand since I was wearing just loose athletic shorts. Dude comes up to shake my hand so I shifted my pistol to my left hand behind my back and shake with my right. Afterwards, I shifted it back to my right. We chatted for awhile and the dude kept moving closer to me, finally I stopped chatting and planted my feet and put a serious look on my face. He stops and says "you have a pistol, don't ya?", without taking my eyes off him I held out my right hand displaying the weapon. They quickly decided they had somewhere else to be.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#44]
About nine years ago I was helping an old Vietnam vet neighbor install hardwood flooring in his house.   My neighbor is wheelchair bound and was talking us through the process.

His good for nothing kid and his friend were also there.   Friend was actually helping and being useful.   Good for nothing son was being a general shit and worthless asshole.

While we were laying down flooring a scumbag and his girlfriend knocked on the door and good for nothing son stoped pretending to work so he could sell the scumbag some drugs.

Neighbor got pissed and asked me to remove scumbag and girlfriend from his house.  I accomplished said task by grabbing scumbag by the scruff of the neck and tossing him out the door (why do punks think just because they are bigger means I won't fold, spindle, and/or mutilate them when they don't leave when I ask nicely? )  Girlfriend walked out on her own, but had a potty mouth.

Good for nothing son got started yelling all the standard things drug dealers that are in their mid 20's and still living at home yell about when you bounce their customers.  Yawn, then he grabbed up a razor knife and a carpet knife and started coming at me from across the room.  I started to draw my USP45c and good for nothing son threw both blades on the ground and ran into his room.  Funny thing was he never saw the gun and thought I was pulling out my pocket knife,  he was in shock I would pull a knife on him when he was coming at me with one in each hand.

I decided as much as neighbor is as close to a father figure as I've ever had sticking around to finish the floor would not turn out well.

Friend actually stuck around and finished the floor himself, did a good job of it too.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that dam wheel gun back yet
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I have video of mine

EDIT- not of the story I previously mentioned. A draw down/arrest from work captured on video....
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  

The PA won't return my calls or texts.

Next step, find a sympathetic judge to write the order.  I think I know one who might do it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#48]
1980 Houston, TX...Rodeo time when a big cowboy comes into the jewelry store I worked at.  My boss helps the guy looking for a wedding ring.  Cowboy spends about 30 minutes and leaves.  Fast forward a couple days and the cowboy shows up at opening time.  This time he is not dressed in his western attire and has a bank bag tucked under his left arm.  Tells me he want to put some money down on the ring he had looked at.  The only other person there at the time is a sweet lady around 75 that worked part time for us.  I go the the safe in the back to grab the ring and am looking thru the one way glass and hear the door chime ring and a delivery man is bringing some work from another shop over. Cowboy pulls a 1911 out from under his arm and tells delivery guy and Alice to get in the back. The delivery guy says "What?"  The cowboy shoots him in the arm... It was like I was watching an old B&W tv show...everything just seemed to slow down.  My first thought was hit the silent alarm and lock the safe...which I did.  I thought..."He is over 6' and Alice is about 5'3"...I will just step behind the safe and shoot him in the head when he comes around the corner. My next thought is "What if I hit Alice?"  I decide that it is too risky...I'm 21 and comfortable with weapons but never been in this situation.  I decide to pretend I don't know what is going on.  In the meantime, I have heard the door chime again and now my jeweler has arrived and in come two accomplice's.  Cowboy says lay down and put your hands behind your back.  I am pissed but comply, more afraid for my coworkers than for myself.  They tape us up with some athletic tape we had in the office.  By now they have been here for 3 or 4 minutes tying up people and still haven't got any jewelry. He tells one of his accomplices to shoot anyone that moves. He asks me for the keys to the cases and he takes them off my waist.  I have a model 36 in an ankle holster and stick my legs under the desk so he won't see it.  I hear the cases opening and within a couples minutes I hear the door chime and someone moves down the hall.  I figure this is it...I tear the tape and draw the little .38.  As I look around the corner, the cowboy is the last one out the door.  Hopped over the counter and step out the door.  His partners duck around the corner and he walked straight out to the parking lot.  He seems very surprised that I am standing outside the door with a pistol pointed at him.  As he turns toward me with his 1911 in one hand and a cardboard box full of our jewelry tucked under his other arm, I aim for the center of mass and fire one shot at about 25yds.
I hit him high in the buttock and he returns fire while I am reading Goodyear on the tire I am taking cover behind.  At that moment a motorcycle officer comes rolling in and the cowboy takes off in his truck the wrong way with officer in pursuit. Running battle down the SW Freeway when the perp crashes trying to get off the freeway.  Officer put one thru the cab to end pursuit.  Turns out he was wanted for questioning in CA for a couple murders.  He got 30 years...I got a few weeks bad sleep.  The second robbery a year later was much worse...
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Displayed but didn't shoot.  I was with my wife and was putting a large bag of dog food in the truck.  Two dindus walked by eyeballing us.  Pet store us next to Taco Bell, which is the last store in the mini-mall.  They walked past TB and into the parking lot.

They stopped and had a little chat, then turned around and started walking back towards us.  Told the wife to get in the truck.  They kept coming so I lifted my shirt and put my hand on the butt of my P229, making sure that they saw me.  They immediately got hungry and went into Taco Bell.

Always carry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nope, and I never hope I have too.
View Quote

Me too, been carrying 26 years now.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top