Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2016 4:21:11 PM EDT
Any experience with these?

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have one for both my Shield as well as my G23.  The Shield one works pretty much just off of tension where as the Glock ones work off both tension as well as a kydex notch which goes into the mag release indentation.  You need to put it in front of a belt loop so you have something to stop it from rotating along the belt when you try to pull the mag out (mags are in there fairly snug).

They are extremely comfortable and you don't even know its there as they ride perfectly inline with your belt. Im very happy with mine and would order again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just looking at them I can see they are not built with proper ergonomics.  The nose of the bullets should be pointing up - Not down.  I used horizontal mag holders for years while shooting IPSC.  Reloads will be awkward.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just looking at them I can see they are not built with proper ergonomics.  The nose of the bullets should be pointing up - Not down.  I used horizontal mag holders for years while shooting IPSC.  Reloads will be awkward.
View Quote

I believe you are looking at them wrong as nose up would make zero sense with the way they draw out and reloaded into gun.  Please explain how nose up would work while being drawn backward from weak side with weak hand.  Perhaps you're drawing from a different orientation than I.

They work by drawing straight back, then straight up into magwell.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using a horizontal from Andrew Bawidamann for my spare Shield mag.  It allows bullet nose up or down carry.  It also pivots a bit to allow some range of motion for sitting, crouching, etc.  I've been pretty pleased with it so far.

ETA - I prefer it with bullet nose up orientation.  I place my index finger along the top (which is the front of the mag) and draw straight back.  It's then oriented for a conventional index finger-guided reload.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have been using a horizontal from Andrew Bawidamann for my spare Shield mag.  It allows bullet nose up or down carry.  It also pivots a bit to allow some range of motion for sitting, crouching, etc.  I've been pretty pleased with it so far.

ETA - I prefer it with bullet nose up orientation.  I place my index finger along the top (which is the front of the mag) and draw straight back.  It's then oriented for a conventional index finger-guided reload.
View Quote

Damn those are really nice too, thanks for the link.  Im on a hunt to find a horizontal carrier for CZ P07 mags currently.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Just checked and Dale Fricke has you covered.Have a few of these for multiple guns, double and single stack.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just checked and Dale Fricke has you covered.Have a few of these for multiple guns, double and single stack.

http://i.imgur.com/x0sJwpz.jpg
View Quote

1 million internets to you sir, Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe you are looking at them wrong as nose up would make zero sense with the way they draw out and reloaded into gun.  Please explain how nose up would work while being drawn backward from weak side with weak hand.  Perhaps you're drawing from a different orientation than I.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Imdelaw tells you.  Index finger on top the mag holder on the front of the magazine then pull back to remove and then straight into the magwell of the pistol.  Just like you do with vertical mag pouches with bullets pointing forward on your weak side.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
For carry use for me they were a big problem.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just like Imdelaw tells you.  Index finger on top the mag holder on the front of the magazine then pull back to remove and then straight into the magwell of the pistol.  Just like you do with vertical mag pouches with bullets pointing forward on your weak side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree they are built wrong for weak hand mag reloads.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.  Perhaps "Ive been blind the whole time".  Always willing to learn though.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top