Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 9:51:01 PM EDT
I'm looking at the T.REX Arms Sidecar ( https://trex-arms.com/store/sidecar-appendix-rig/ ) and the Tier 1 Concealed AGIS ( http://www.tier1concealed.com/#!products/tyxbd/!/AGIS-Holster/p/64051021/category=0 ), both have the option to carry a spare mag but the allows it to be detachable.

Question: Does the stiff mold of the sidecar help with the fitment and comfort when carrying in the appendix position?

Also, if YOU had to choose between these two. What would YOU choose and why?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i'd pick the trex one.  It's cheaper, and the way they mold the mag carrier helps it stay tucked in.  With the detachable buttons on the Tier 1 it looks like it would just flop out away from you
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Trex holster.  I like it a lot.  Sometimes it's a pain to carry a spare mag in a separate holster and I never need to worry about that with the sidecar.

It's pretty comfortable.  It's curved a little bit which makes it comfortable for AIWB.  Full disclosure, I don't have a ton of experience with other AIWB holsters.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the Sidecar, and have 2 of them so far. Im waiting on another one for a recently purchased Glock as well. They are made very well, contour well to the body and really tuck the grip into you so there is very little printing. I have used mine for one all day course so far, and carry it daily and have no quality issues to speak of out of it. After trying several other AIWB holsters I settled on the Sidecar for my daily partner.

Ive seen this new AGIS holster and have to admit I am intrigued, but see no reason to spend that much dough on something I don't really need. I never carry in other positions other than appendix, so for me there isn't much point in having the two pieces separated.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Surprised to see this many users here.

I think the way the holster is shaped makes everything hide well. Ive carried this thing every day for a month or two now. I like it.

Lucas is a good guy I met long ago before him and another friend took off in the shooting industry. Ill always support them both as they are great people

My one of a kind side car

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I converted from the INCOG to the T.rex Sidecar a few months ago. The shape of the holster definitely helps with concealment.

" />

I have one for my Glock 26. Two for Glock 19s. And one for my SIG p320
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I love the Sidecar, and have 2 of them so far. Im waiting on another one for a recently purchased Glock as well. They are made very well, contour well to the body and really tuck the grip into you so there is very little printing. I have used mine for one all day course so far, and carry it daily and have no quality issues to speak of out of it. After trying several other AIWB holsters I settled on the Sidecar for my daily partner.

Ive seen this new AGIS holster and have to admit I am intrigued, but see no reason to spend that much dough on something I don't really need. I never carry in other positions other than appendix, so for me there isn't much point in having the two pieces separated.
View Quote
Thanks for the insight.

As for the second half; I'm glad you said that. You see this will be one of my first holsters, Im going nuts trying to decide how to spend my money wisely. I don't have a gut but my stomach isn't flat either, especially when I sit. I'm planning on picking up an alien gear 3.0 iwb because it has good reviews and I know I can carry in 3, 4 and 5 o'clock but I haven't seen it used much in the appendix carry position.

4, and 5 o'clock positions are unattractive to me when I imagine drawing my pistol but I guess I won't know until I've tried it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i'd pick the trex one.  It's cheaper, and the way they mold the mag carrier helps it stay tucked in.  With the detachable buttons on the Tier 1 it looks like it would just flop out away from you
View Quote
Good point
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a Trex holster.  I like it a lot.  Sometimes it's a pain to carry a spare mag in a separate holster and I never need to worry about that with the sidecar.

It's pretty comfortable.  It's curved a little bit which makes it comfortable for AIWB.  Full disclosure, I don't have a ton of experience with other AIWB holsters.
http://i64.tinypic.com/9q9zdg.jp

http://i68.tinypic.com/zy96qs.jp
View Quote
Thanks for the pic, I don't think I've seen it from that angle.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think the way the holster is shaped makes everything hide well. Ive carried this thing every day for a month or two now. I like it.

Lucas is a good guy I met long ago before him and another friend took off in the shooting industry. Ill always support them both as they are great people

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jp

View Quote
I was surprised too when I seen TREX arms mentioned in other threads.

Sadly, I no longer own a 1911 anymore but I remember how heavy it was and apparently it's your ccw so your holster has to be comfy. I pretty amazed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I converted from the INCOG to the T.rex Sidecar a few months ago. The shape of the holster definitely helps with concealment.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag160/BlaineBritt/temporary_zpsnphuys72.jp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Right, I'm noticing that more and more. The hard part is finding what fits right and what I'll like without actually having something to try on before dishing out cash.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Any of you guys have a gut or a not-so-flat stomach but still able to appendix carry?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg</a>
View Quote

1 of a kind as in that's the only one they've made for a Hi Power? If so that's pretty awesome dude
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any of you guys have a gut or a not-so-flat stomach but still able to appendix carry?
View Quote

There is another thread on here about guys that are a little soft around the middle being able to carry appendix. It really depends on your body proportions and clothing/belt/holster, etc. as to whether it will be comfortable for you.

Much of appendix carry is finding that spot that is comfortable for you personally. I carry mine pretty far to the left for a right handed guy, the slide of my G19 is almost even with the zipper on my pants. This is the most comfortable and concealable spot for me to personally carry my holster.

Other than carrying a rather long slide like a 34 or full size 1911, the length shouldn't be a huge issue. When you sit down, you can slightly push the holster forward so that it doesn't stick up under your belly and rather sits up against it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

1 of a kind as in that's the only one they've made for a Hi Power? If so that's pretty awesome dude
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg</a>

Only one ever made thus far.

I have a feeling its likely going to stay that way.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Right, I'm noticing that more and more. The hard part is finding what fits right and what I'll like without actually having something to try on before dishing out cash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have boxes and drawers of holsters to testify to that truth. Lots of money spent over the years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have boxes and drawers of holsters to testify to that truth. Lots of money spent over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's something I don't want!

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:56:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good deal man. Ive seen 1 or 2 for a 1911, but that was it.

Id like to have one made for my BodyGuard .380 which they don't offer, if nothing else for the fact that it would be so tiny and cute
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#18]
This may be off topic but I'll ask since I may get a good percentage of answers.  With the Sidecar and you're "out and about' how big of a PIA is it when you need to use the facilities?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This may be off topic but I'll ask since I may get a good percentage of answers.  With the Sidecar and you're "out and about' how big of a PIA is it when you need to use the facilities?
View Quote

Hah, I hear that question a lot actually, IMO it depends on 2 things: how you wear your pants, and how long the slide/barrel is on your carry gun. If you wear your pants really low on the waist, or if you have a longer slide gun like a G17 or 34 or full size 1911 it will be a little more work.

I wear normal cut pants, and carry a G19 w/light daily in mine with no issues at all. Even with a 17, all you would have to do is lift the holster up a tad to do your business then readjust as you zip up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hah, I hear that question a lot actually, IMO it depends on 2 things: how you wear your pants, and how long the slide/barrel is on your carry gun. If you wear your pants really low on the waist, or if you have a longer slide gun like a G17 or 34 or full size 1911 it will be a little more work.

I wear normal cut pants, and carry a G19 w/light daily in mine with no issues at all. Even with a 17, all you would have to do is lift the holster up a tad to do your business then readjust as you zip up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for #2? I'm guessing because its appendix, the belt buckle would be off to the side but it still makes it a pain in the ass to actually button/unbutton pants. Do you have to completely remove the holster and put back on when your done? I ask because i'm on the road an hour + away from home a lot and use different restrooms so that is a big inconvenience.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#21]
With my current AIWB holster I take it off for #1 and 2.  So I figured that would be the case for the Sidecar too.  My questions really was in regard to how big of a pain is it to remove and replace.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
With my current AIWB holster I take it off for #1 and 2.  So I figured that would be the case for the Sidecar too.  My questions really was in regard to how big of a pain is it to remove and replace.
View Quote

I do it all the time, no big deal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And for #2? I'm guessing because its appendix, the belt buckle would be off to the side but it still makes it a pain in the ass to actually button/unbutton pants. Do you have to completely remove the holster and put back on when your done? I ask because i'm on the road an hour + away from home a lot and use different restrooms so that is a big inconvenience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im right handed, and I wear my belt buckle off to the left of center. This actually keeps the holster in place as long as you don't completely remove the belt from your pants. I just loosen the belt all the way out until it almost comes out of the buckle, and the belt holds the holster on the pants still.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ive had an occasion or two when I couldn't get to my guy to get him out without some work .

Also makes road dome adventurous.

Holster comes off for dropping a deuce.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I must just be shaped funny of something. Mine made me look like I had a huge growth on my stomach lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I must just be shaped funny of something. Mine made me look like I had a huge growth on my stomach lol
View Quote

Its possible that your proportions played a hand in it. How high do you wear your pants? haha
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Typically pretty low, but I tried it all over when carrying. I think half of it was probably me just telling myself it sticks out like crazy though. I really want to give it another shot but it's tough for a trial when it's  $100+ lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Typically pretty low, but I tried it all over when carrying. I think half of it was probably me just telling myself it sticks out like crazy though. I really want to give it another shot but it's tough for a trial when it's  $100+ lol
View Quote

Have you adjust the clips? Moved them so the gun rides as low as possible?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah I had tried that for a little bit. I ended up selling the holster a short while back. After this I'm about ready to try it again dang it lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah I had tried that for a little bit. I ended up selling the holster a short while back. After this I'm about ready to try it again dang it lol
View Quote

Yea, the perceived printing is usually much worse to us than it would be anybody else in the general public. In the real world, practically nobody will notice, and if they do they'll just assume its some huge iphone clipped to your belt.

The claw works really well on the Trex stuff, and really helps with concealment. I like the sidecar because I think the overall width of it really helps to break up any odd lumps around your waistline. When I carry my raptor and no spare mag, I feel like the bulge in my pants is more apparent.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yea, the perceived printing is usually much worse to us than it would be anybody else in the general public. In the real world, practically nobody will notice, and if they do they'll just assume its some huge iphone clipped to your belt.

The claw works really well on the Trex stuff, and really helps with concealment. I like the sidecar because I think the overall width of it really helps to break up any odd lumps around your waistline. When I carry my raptor and no spare mag, I feel like the bulge in my pants is more apparent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I think it was just all in my head of how bad it was actually showing. Im about to order another one and give it a go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah I think it was just all in my head of how bad it was actually showing. Im about to order another one and give it a go.
View Quote

Good deal, im still waiting on another Sidecar to come in any day now. This one will fit my new XC1.

Women have shoe or pocketbook addictions, im pretty sure I have a holster addiction
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good deal, im still waiting on another Sidecar to come in any day now. This one will fit my new XC1.

Women have shoe or pocketbook addictions, im pretty sure I have a holster addiction
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to the club... I have a retarded number of holsters...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top