User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry my G17 in a DeSantis Cozy Partner.

It's manageable, but I prefer my 1911 in terms of comfort and concealment.

With the exception of my 642, I only carry full size pistols. I shoot them better, and prefer the capacity gain in the case of the G17.

You definitely need to make adjustments when you're riding in the car though.

I worry about printing with the G17, but the longer I carry I think we make a bigger deal about printing than it really is. I'm still paranoid about it, but every single time I think "Oh man, that was bad. I'm positive someone saw it!" No one ever did.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
With my glock19 I use a raven vanguard 2. For fullsized berettas an M3 tactical aiwb holster just makes it disappear. I had tried a ton of holsters before I found this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Spent the day carrying my G17 today:  Trex Raptor AIWB  Sitting , standing, driving..... A-Ok !

5'6" 145  Big gun for the little fella!  

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just got my plastic in the mail for LTC and have been carrying the G17 around for a couple days. Its effin big and hard to sit, drive and the grip is rubbing me raw.

Using the stealthgear onyx IWB holster on the lowest holes for height. Wear at about 4-5 O'clock

Any suggestions on how to make this better to carry? What holster do you use to carry the 17?

Thinking of just getting a G26 and leaving the G17 at home.
View Quote
you just listed all the reasons I went to a Miami Classic shoulder rig,,,,,,after a few weeks you don;t know it's there.   driving,sitting, no prob
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been carrying a G17 since 2010 and a G34 since 2012 (I swap them out in the same holsters).

Get a real holster. Hybrids are mostly garbage. I use a Raven Concealment Phantom LC IWB. The CompTac CTAC is another great choice.

For IWB other than AIWB, a good stiff belt helps a lot.

Then just fine tune the angle and height. I carry just behind the hip with more cant than FBI standard.

G34 w/ X300 in RCS Phantom LC IWB
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get a real holster. Hybrids are mostly garbage. I use a Raven Concealment Phantom LC IWB. The CompTac CTAC is another great choice.
View Quote

Seriously?

I found the MTAC to be much more comfortable and concealable than the Phantom... Hybrid holsters are great.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
The MTAC is one of the few good hybrids.

Most are junk. All are bulky (and less comfortable than a full kydex or leather holster in my opinion), many offer piss-poor retention, most are overly fragile, and most belt attachments on hybrids just suck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If you use crappy holsters, you will find carrying a gun to be uncomfortable and it will sometimes be downright unsafe.  Comp-tac is decent for Kydex, and I have a number of their rigs, but I strongly prefer a high quality leather holster.  I stick with Kramer, Mitch Rosen, and Milt Sparks.  Lately I have been carrying my HK45 Tactical in a Milt Sparks Versa-max.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#10]
JM Custom AIWB or CCC Shaggy AIWB, no problems.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top