Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 1:08:06 AM EDT
After seeing much posting about the wonders of appendix carry, I'd like to try it out, but I'm not sure which holster to try it with. I see alot of choices, such as the varius raven concealment holsters, the sidecar, and many others. I'd like to hear people's experiences and which they would recommend for a first try. I know there are tons of posts about this but so many of the holsters are new and the threads are so spread out. I'd like to keep the holster under $100 and budget options are much appreciated as I'm on a limited budget. I will be primarily carrying my glock 19/23 but if I like it enough, I might get one for the new M&P9 or a 1911. All answers are appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:45:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like the rcs vanguard
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out vedder holsters. I have one of his pocket holsters and it's perfect. I recently order one of his aiwb holsters to try I don't have it yet though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Whichever holster you decide on, I would advise choosing one that has had its edges dehorned and smoothed, preferably rounded/folded over. With appendix carry, there is noticeably more contact with the holster during movement and sitting. Sharp kydex edges will rub you raw. I know you want to keep it cheap, but cheaping out on an appendix holster can cause it to not work in your favor.

I prefer JM Custom myself with the extra tuck feature. He has some in stock right now for G19 if that's your pistol; otherwise, there is a 9-10 week lead time. For a good holster, expect to wait in a queue and spend close to $100.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My first aiwb holster was the raven concealment eidolon. Great holster, and very configurable and comfortable. I can hide my g19 in just a t shirt with ease. I recently aquired a raven vanguard 2 basic kit. I really like this one too, and it is cheaper than the eidolon. However it has its drawbacks, such as no re-holstering without removing from your belt. Another hopster that i just received for my g 43 is the Phlster gen 2 skeleton. This is along the same lines as fhe raven vanguard, but more coverage of the gun and reholstering capability. I reeeally like this one, and it is cheap. Available at the link below for g19.

http://www.snakehoundmachine.com/product/glock-skeleton-iwb-holster/

I am thinking of picking up one for my g19, even though i really dont need it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
The few times I carried my G 17, it was without a holster. I realize the G 19 is slightly smaller, but it is still a blocky double stack.  It will be difficult to find a good holster that conceals properly in that price range that doesn't add to the bulk of the gun (make you look pregnant).
I know there are some brands that can hide double stacks well, but they are more than 100 bucks.  If you have the amazing physique that allows you to hide anything without printing, then congratulations! If not, at least you're looking in the price range that allows you to try out a lot of stuff.  Since you're new to aiwb, it is important to find something comfortable ASAP, or you'll quickly lose interest.  Speaking from experience, that's why I don't wear anything past 3 o'clock. Aiwb is the only method of carry that is comfortable and concealable for me.  Just to add to the good advice about kydex, that's also why I only wear leather.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have tried about everything.

I keep going back to Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim. I have started using a G-Code clip on mine. Love their clips.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Easy on and off, and is tuckable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/twpayne75/media/pistol/20160503_122238_zpsuwfnvyrs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/twpayne75/pistol/20160503_122238_zpsuwfnvyrs.jpg</a>

View Quote

And it's called________ and made by _________ ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/twpayne75/media/pistol/20160503_122238_zpsuwfnvyrs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/twpayne75/pistol/20160503_122238_zpsuwfnvyrs.jpg</a>

I believe its a Garret Industries Silent  Thunder Slim with a GCode clip. He just split the reply into two posts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Thoughts on something like the raw dog tactical hybrid holster? Only issue I see is the clip is on the bulkiest part of the pistol and that makes it as thick as possible, be nice for easy removal. Something like the silent thunder holster posted above is nice because the clip is off to the side, but with those, I prefer the double clip system to keep it from rotating inside the waistband.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I believe its a Garret Industries Silent  Thunder Slim with a GCode clip. He just split the reply into two posts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah....I see it now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ah....I see it now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah....I see it now.

Lmao. Sorry man. Yeah, I removed it and took a quick picture.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Take
a good look at the T-Rex Arms Raptor holster:  
https://trex-arms.com/store/raptor-appendix-holster/

I
was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Raptor when it arrived. Fit
& finish were excellent. Extra INCOG-like belt clip and hardware were also
included in the box. It's like a perfected mix of INCOG holster and Eidolon/VanGuard2
claw. Amazing, really. Short lead time and great price too.

The
Raptor hides the gun extremely well.  It really tucks the pistol grip up
against your body for greatly reduced printing.

Link
to picture showing AIWB without any claw:  
https://www.instagram.com/p/6NozL1gEck/

Link
to picture showing Raptor AIWB WITH claw:  
https://www.instagram.com/p/6N0NOzAETi/

These
guys have good prices and they take tons of pictures of their products. Check
out their website and also look for them on Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook
too.

If you want to carry an
extra mag, you may want to take a serious look at their Sidecar holster as well.  
https://trex-arms.com/store/sidecar-appendix-rig/

Definitely worth a look.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I have used the vanguard 2, the incog, incog eclipse, the raptor, and the sidecar. My go to holster is the sidecar.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:56:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Running a sidecar for my 19 here as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm using trex holsters raptor with a g43. Getting used to appendix carry right now.  Great quality holster and the company has been pleasent to deal with. The claw feature makes the gun hide well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#19]
doubletap
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The Eidolon will be your first and last AIWB holster
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been super happy with my Dale Fricke holster.  Been using it for about 1.5 years now, 365.  I am thinking about buying a trex.

GL!

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you want to carry a weaponlight. Only downfall I see, I cant believe they haven't fixed that yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#23]
T-Rex Raptor.

I carry an XDS 4.0 (4 inch barrel) with the +1 magazine in a Raptor holster. Could not be happier, well worth the $65 IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm using a Trexarms Raptor. Thinking about ordering an Incog
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you like how the Raptor conceals, you will probably be disappointed with the Incog. I didn't like mine, and couldn't get it to conceal for me. It was comfortable though.

EDIT: just saw youre in NC, anywhere near the charlotte area?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a M3 Tactical Appendix right now. Been carrying it since I got my permit in Feb. I just ordered another one from him, the OTP Elite. I got the fabric-covered kydex with GCode clips with both. A little cheaper than most kydex companies, very similar stuff to TRex Arms. He has lots of pics on his instragram account.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.zornholsters.com/quick-ship/quick-ship-skinny-rig/

Get the Skinny Wing to hold the butt against your abdomen. Great quality and superb communication straight from the owner, he publishes his cell phone number and he answered it when I called with a question.

I got mine in a week... Perfectly happy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I've found the HarWell works great.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Cook's Holsters

https://www.cooksholsters.com/iwb-holster-w-adjustable-belt-clip/

• More Kydex colors and patterns than anyone else. Incredible selection.

• Selectable Kydex thickness.

• Adjustable cant. 0-20 degrees.

• Custom ride height. Upload a photo of exactly where you want the ride height to be and they'll make your holster to exactly your specs.

• Incredible pistol fit.

• Reasonable prices and lead time.

• Excellent craftsmanship.

• Best Kydex I've ever owned. Crossbreed and Incog included.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Takea good look at the T-Rex Arms Raptor holster:  https://trex-arms.com/store/raptor-appendix-holster/

Iwas pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Raptor when it arrived. Fit& finish were excellent. Extra INCOG-like belt clip and hardware were alsoincluded in the box. It's like a perfected mix of INCOG holster and Eidolon/VanGuard2claw. Amazing, really. Short lead time and great price too.

TheRaptor hides the gun extremely well.  It really tucks the pistol grip upagainst your body for greatly reduced printing.

Linkto picture showing AIWB without any claw:  https://www.instagram.com/p/6NozL1gEck/

Linkto picture showing Raptor AIWB WITH claw:  https://www.instagram.com/p/6N0NOzAETi/

Theseguys have good prices and they take tons of pictures of their products. Checkout their website and also look for them on Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebooktoo.

If you want to carry anextra mag, you may want to take a serious look at their Sidecar holster as well.  https://trex-arms.com/store/sidecar-appendix-rig/

Definitely worth a look.

View Quote

What this guy said.  I carry an M&P9 with Insight APL and the Raptor conceals great in the appendix position.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you like how the Raptor conceals, you will probably be disappointed with the Incog. I didn't like mine, and couldn't get it to conceal for me. It was comfortable though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree with this. I have both. I like the way the INCOG feels, but the Raptor conceals better for me. Sidecar works better still. (for me)
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would agree with this. I have both. I like the way the INCOG feels, but the Raptor conceals better for me. Sidecar works better still. (for me)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree a little more comfortable since it basically just sits in my waistband and doesnt apply any pressure. If im going on a long road trip, or will be sitting for a long period of time and concealment isn't important then I wear my Incog until I get to my destination. Then I swap it out because mine just doesnt conceal well for me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I have the mtac holster for g23, you can find this holster on amazon for under $100 shipped.  You will not find a better carrying, comfortable holster.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I normally carry my G19 in an INCOG. I starting pressing my own holsters and have recently switched over as i feel my design conceals better. But i still use the g code clip
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:21:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Question for Trex users or maybe any AIWB holster.  Sweat Guard or No Sweat Guard?  
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I carry my G-19 in a Garrett industries AWIB and I really like that holster but after a not very good customer service issue with Garrett I tried a Corso Concealment Stealth AIWB and I must say I really like the Stealth! I'm carrying a G-17 with a RMR on the slide and this gun disappears under a T-shirt.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Or at least it gives you the greatest ability to try different variations of the concept. One clip, two clips, different ride heights, claw or no claw, pad or no pad. It's the best way to test whether appendix carry can work for you.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Question for Trex users or maybe any AIWB holster.  Sweat Guard or No Sweat Guard?  
View Quote

I run a sweat guard on all of mine, it helps when holstering. Now, I have a few with the high sweatguard and a few with the mid, and I like them both for different reasons.

I like the high because it keeps the slide off of my sweaty stomach in the summer, even though im not worried about my G19 rusting or anything I just fee like its one less thing to get in a carry gun and gum it up. Only downside to the high guard is that it really pokes you in the stomach if the gun isn't holstered, which for most people isnt very often.

The only real benefit I see to the mid guard is that it doesn't stab you nearly as bad when the gun is unholstered. Think moving around during a course or training session with the holster on and the gun not in it - changing levels, going to prone etc. It will be much more comfortable during those times.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I run a sweat guard on all of mine, it helps when holstering. Now, I have a few with the high sweatguard and a few with the mid, and I like them both for different reasons.

I like the high because it keeps the slide off of my sweaty stomach in the summer, even though im not worried about my G19 rusting or anything I just fee like its one less thing to get in a carry gun and gum it up. Only downside to the high guard is that it really pokes you in the stomach if the gun isn't holstered, which for most people isnt very often.

The only real benefit I see to the mid guard is that it doesn't stab you nearly as bad when the gun is unholstered. Think moving around during a course or training session with the holster on and the gun not in it - changing levels, going to prone etc. It will be much more comfortable during those times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 for the Mid sweat guard. I got mine with no sweat guard (G19 w/TLR-1) and when reholstering is almost an issue because the claw tucks it in so much with no gun in it. My next one (G19 w/XC1) will be with a mid sweat guard.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Dale Fricke Archangel

I own quite a few.  This is the most comfortable and best quality. Excellent retention.
I recommend the belt loops because you can stradle a belt loop on the pants if it's in the way.  Also the butt tuck is nice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I have the T.Rex Arms Raptor with the mid sweat guard. The rest of my orders from T.Rex will be with the full sweat guard though and I can trim it down myself if need be. Excellent holster and the claw works wonders.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#42]
As much as I like the idea of AIWB, I can never get over having a gun pointed at my femoral artery.

As such, I stick to 3/4 o'clock carry with a Comtac Ctac.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Check out Blue Alpha Delta's AIWB. I have one and I love it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a M3 Tactical Appendix right now. Been carrying it since I got my permit in Feb. I just ordered another one from him, the OTP Elite. I got the fabric-covered kydex with GCode clips with both. A little cheaper than most kydex companies, very similar stuff to TRex Arms. He has lots of pics on his instragram account.
View Quote

I just ordered one from him last night. I was looking at TRex but he doesnt support Beretta guns
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I have considered the Syndicate Concealment Guardsman.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#46]

And that is???.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And that is???.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And that is???.....

Looks like raven concealment eidolon. I have one it is a very nice holster.
http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/eidolon-holster-full-kit/
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#48]
T-=Rex Raptor user here, like I posted on Page 1.

I have the full sweat guard. Definitely helps in re-holster. I figured I'd order the full and cut it back if needed, but I never felt the need to.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm pretty fond of my Contact Concealment AP holster. I carry a Gen4 Glock 19.

http://www.contactconcealment.com/ap-holster.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top