Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think your holster is on the wrong side
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It totally looks that way lol, but it's right, and I'm a righty.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What holster is this? Looks like an INCOG?
View All Quotes

I have no idea. Just one I had laying around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

5'6" ~160#. Dont really have a belly.

I tried for fucking ever to carry appendix.

Holster selection is absolutely everything, along with a belt with some "give".

I honestly think the reason I "failed" at appendix for so long is holster that sucked for AIWB and also using a super stiff belt like I had for carrying IWB @ 3oclock all the time.

Just my take away from someone who tried for a year or two to get it to work.

I now have been AIWB for several weeks. Its comy. Its highly concealable. Its faster. Every holster I tried that failed I knew it was going to suck in the firt 5 min of wearing it.

I carry a Browning Hi-Power. So a good sized pistol.
View Quote
What holster did you settle on?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly think the reason I "failed" at appendix for so long is holster that sucked for AIWB and also using a super stiff belt like I had for carrying IWB @ 3oclock all the time.

I now have been AIWB for several weeks. Its comy. Its highly concealable. Its faster. Every holster I tried that failed I knew it was going to suck in the firt 5 min of wearing it.

Trex Sidecar, sorry I don't frequent this part of the site.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I appendix carry and have for a couple of years. It's fast and very concealable. I carry a Walther P99 90% of the time. It was much harder when I weighed 230 wearing 38 waist pants, than it is now wearing 34s at 188-190.

Hoping To get my hands on another HK45c in the near future and that will be primary carry over the P99. Looking forward to a larger holster selection.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I appendix carry and have for a couple of years. It's fast and very concealable. I carry a Walther P99 90% of the time. It was much harder when I weighed 230 wearing 38 waist pants, than it is now wearing 34s at 188-190.

Hoping To get my hands on another HK45c in the near future and that will be primary carry over the P99. Looking forward to a larger holster selection.
View Quote

Im hoping to drop some weight to make appendix more feasible, i can do it as long as I stand. Sitting my gut pushes the gun into me and hurts.

I also think the holsters I've had weren't the best, which doesn't work either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160425_133111_zpsuisdavow.jpg</a>

Chase is onto something concerning a really stiff belt and AIWB carry as I've noticed the same over the past year or more.  My two 1.25" belts fair far better comfort wise than my one 1.5" stiff leather belt and a bit better than my 1.5" Wilderness and the two thinner belts are gun belts not walmart specials.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Chase is onto something concerning a really stiff belt and AIWB carry as I've noticed the same over the past year or more.  My two 1.25" belts fair far better comfort wise than my one 1.5" stiff leather belt and a bit better than my 1.5" Wilderness and the two thinner belts are gun belts not walmart specials.

View Quote
Stiff belts really do make a huge difference. That's interesting that your 1.25" fairs better than your 1.5" belt. Every heard of bigfoot gun belts? I'm thinking about picking one up and selling my 5.11 belt. I want a normal looking belt that I can use if I have to dress up and tuck my shirt in.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Threads like these, and the input here are what makes these forums.  The right belt, holster, "dressing around the gun" is far more important than many threads.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stiff belts really do make a huge difference. That's interesting that your 1.25" fairs better than your 1.5" belt. Every heard of bigfoot gun belts? I'm thinking about picking one up and selling my 5.11 belt. I want a normal looking belt that I can use if I have to dress up and tuck my shirt in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of you guys are saying conflicting things. I think some of you are saying to wear LESS stiff belts, and some of you are saying MORE stiff belts.

IME, a stiff belt is more important for IWB and OWB, whereas a less stiff belt is more comfy for AIWB.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Some of you guys are saying conflicting things. I think some of you are saying to wear LESS stiff belts, and some of you are saying MORE stiff belts.

IME, a stiff belt is more important for IWB and OWB, whereas a less stiff belt is more comfy for AIWB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer stiff belts all around. When I first started carrying I was using my normal everyday flimsy ass belt and I used to wonder how in the world do you guys do it, until I learned to use a stiff belt actually made for carrying. I haven't AIWB yet but we'll see when I get my ccw or at least until I decide on my holster.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I know lots of bigger dudes who carry full size pistols AIWB. But I think it's important to keep in mind that not all guts are created equal. Not to be gross, but where you're carrying that weight and the shape of your gut will have a lot to do with it, as will the type of pants you wear and how high you wear them. For instance, it can be just as difficult for a small dude with a moderate gut to conceal AIWB as it is for a much bigger guy because the smaller guy is probably not as likely to wear large clothes that "drape" around him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know lots of bigger dudes who carry full size pistols AIWB. But I think it's important to keep in mind that not all guts are created equal. Not to be gross, but where you're carrying that weight and the shape of your gut will have a lot to do with it, as will the type of pants you wear and how high you wear them. For instance, it can be just as difficult for a small dude with a moderate gut to conceal AIWB as it is for a much bigger guy because the smaller guy is probably not as likely to wear large clothes that "drape" around him.
View Quote

True story.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me, it has to do with how well the belt will let the holster do it's job. My holster is designed for cant and tuck. If my belt is too loose, whether stiff or not, the holster won't work as well.   A softer belt will mold itself around contours better than a stiff belt, producing less belt bulge.   Whether stiff or soft, I find that a tight belt works best.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Look in to Cook's Holsters.

Excellent AIWB holsters with adjustable can't (from 0 - 25 degrees), an amazing selection of kydex colors and patterns, you can choose the thickness of the kydex and you can even upload a photo to have them build the Hester with a custom ride height.

Combine that with a pistol like a Shield and anyone can AIWB carry.

https://www.cooksholsters.com/iwb-holster-w-adjustable-belt-clip/
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a gut but I still comfortably carry a G17 in my appendix holster made by John Ralston at 5 shot leather
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top