Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2016 1:14:36 PM EDT
Looking at picking up a couple holsters from them. I know they're a site sponsor but I've never seen their products before. Any experience with their holsters or opinions would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Received my Cloak Tuck (Original- i hate neoprene) a week ago.  Love it.  Hides my XD9 Service (full-size) even better than Mexican carry. Quality product imho. Received the 4th business day after order was placed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
i hated my cloak 2.0. let a buddy try it and he didnt like it either. gave it to another friend and he doesnt like either
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 2.0 (and have had it for about a year and a half) the only problem so far was the "backing". I am not really sure what material the inside is, but it broke in several places and grew uncomfortable and didn't hold my G19 as well.

I sent Alien Gear a message on Saturday night and received a message back within an hour saying that they would send me another backing free of charge. I have since received it and its good as new. I am pretty happy with it and feel I have gotten my moneys worth. Great customer service as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. Thanks guys. Is the 2.0 worth the extra money?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at Stealth Gear also
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome. Thanks guys. Is the 2.0 worth the extra money?
View Quote

Without having used the original (leather) or newer one with spring steel insert, I think I would pick up the new 3.0. If only for the fact that the 2.0 backing broke down on me. Past that the 2.0 is great. The 3.0 is a little more expensive I believe.

Either way, they aren't very expensive and if you decide you don't like it within 30 (I think its 30) days, they will let you return it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't recommend the lined 2.0/3.0 for southern/tropical climates unless you want a sweat sponge in yer britches..

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one but I have not carried it enough to give it an objective opinion but their quality has got better from when they first started out.  Overall quality of the holster is really good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
They are pretty good holsters but i found the Comp Tac MTAC to be more comfortable/concealable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought two, they are just okay. Im back to crossbreed for everyday.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the original Alien Gear Holster for my FNX-9. This is picture of when it was new but it hasn't changed much. The Allen wrench screws tend to loosen a bit over time so I need to check the tightness every couple of weeks.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered 2 3.0 holsters yesterday, one for me and one for someone else, along with 2 belts. Thry shipped out this morning so hopefully they will arrive Saturday or Monday so I can check them out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
My brother and I both have the 3.0 for our Hi Powers, Glocks, and his CZ. They are superb holsters. I will not be wearing my Crossbreed SuperTuck anymore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a Sig P229 in a 3.0 and I think it is good for the price. Not the best holster I have ever had, but pretty good for how much they cost. I have had it for 4 months now carrying it without any issues.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 2 different AG holsters and don't have any issue with them.  The price is right too, if you're on a budget of sorts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I use the 3.0 for my Shield. It is absolutely great. Their customer service has been outstanding.I love the send the shell in and get a new one for free program as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Once I compared my Crossbreed to a AG 3.0, I sold the Crossbreed on the EE.

It my opinion, the AG is far more comfortable and it doesn't produce that annoying squeak that my Crossbreed was known for.

I placed my first order for the 3.0 and three additional shells; had them in my hands on the third day.

And as posted above, if your budget allows check out the Stealth Gear Onyx.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the 3.0 for my m&p 45  and it works great for me, it also fits the canik tp9sa pretty good
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a couple 3.0 versions with a bunch of shells and I like them a lot.

I carry everything from a G43 up to Sig 226 with them and they are great.

I would listen to the southern boys though - I bet if I was sweating real bad, it would just be a sponge.  I haven't noticed it since I have always worn them with a shirt tucked in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I like the little alien medallion they include with their holsters. I wear it on dates to pick up chicks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone use their IWB Alien gear clock 3.0 in the 1 or 2 o'clock position?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:13:48 AM EDT
[#23]
3.0 is very comfy
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I have the 2.0 and was checking out the 3.0 at the NRA convention.  It's a better holster and I think I'm going to upgrade soon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have the original Alien Gear Holster for my FNX-9. This is picture of when it was new but it hasn't changed much. The Allen wrench screws tend to loosen a bit over time so I need to check the tightness every couple of weeks.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p359/Tony6171991/C57FEE48-99FC-4808-BF57-885C6EE3D4AE_zpsnugyaoxe.jpg
View Quote

I put blue lock tight on the screws, but make sure you don't wear it till the lock tight has dryed it will burn a hole in your side, trust me on this.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have 2 different AG holsters and don't have any issue with them.  The price is right too, if you're on a budget of sorts.
View Quote

Agree. I have ordered a second 3.0s, they're great.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#27]
what position do you carry in?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I just picked one up for my j frame a couple of weeks ago and I'm really liking it so far.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Love mine.   Use it on my daily carry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got my OWB and IWB combo in the mail. It came in the mail quicker then I expected. I have been using both for CCW & Range Use for about a week. For the money I am super happy. I bought them for my 4 Inch XD 45 Compact and I don't plan on carrying this weapon much but wanted the option to. Others have mentioned the 30 day return policy so if you really don't like it you can send it back.

When I got them it took me about an hour to dial in the tension and positioning of everything. They were well packaged and came with the tools and additional items to further customize if needed.

Bottom Line. I would recommend anyone try Alien Gear. I have been very happy with my purchase and the quality.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:31:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They are pretty good holsters but i found the Comp Tac MTAC to be more comfortable/concealable.
View Quote

My experience was exactly the opposite.  I could barely sit in my truck for more than a short drive with my Glock 19 in an MTAC at about 4 o'clock without having major comfort issues.  I have no issue when concealing my 19 with my Cloak Tuck 3.0.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p359/Tony6171991/C57FEE48-99FC-4808-BF57-885C6EE3D4AE_zpsnugyaoxe.jpg
View Quote

Had the same issue with mine.  A little blue Loctite works wonders.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got a couple of them. I have the basic leather and kydex one for an occasional carry Kahr CW9. I like it well enough. I'm not sure how I feel about the stand-off spacers for the kydex but I've never had any problems with them.

I also have one of the neoprene ones and I hate it. It slides around inside my pants and makes my pants want to fall down more than they already do -- I suffer from noassatal and dunlop's disease -- I would never wear it but about once a year, the kydex on my primary carry Crossbreed holster cracks and I have to send the Crossbreed in for warranty replacement. I wear my Alien while I wait for my replacement Crossbreed.

I would buy another basic leather backed Alien because the price is so good but I'd never get another neoprene one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Actually I'm the opposite, the leather loosens over time as it gets wet from whatever and I like the feel of the neoprene, doesn't make me sweat any more than the leather anyway....
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I have 4. The 2.0, and 3.0 IWB's, and two OWB's. No problems. We will see how they hold up to genuine butt sweat this summer.
Do any of you use a steel core belt? I tried on one of the 511 belts, and did not like it. I have not seen a leather steel core belt on display that I can try on.
The new AG paddle holsters look  interesting. I have a couple of Fobus holsters, and I like them. They just don't hold the guns close enough to my hip. I use them when working in the yard. Most of the comments I see here about Fobus, or paddle holsters in general, is not good.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I have carried a Walther PPS daily for almost 2 years now with the neoprene cloak tuck. It has held up well and u don't have any complaints. I don't love it, and I feel there are better options out there (crossbreed, stealth gear), but IMO it's the price that makes these so attractive. Spending $100 for a holster is crazy to me. That's why I make my own now

If your on a budget and want a solid carry holster option, I would purchase without remorse.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have 4. The 2.0, and 3.0 IWB's, and two OWB's. No problems. We will see how they hold up to genuine butt sweat this summer.

Do any of you use a steel core belt? I tried on one of the 511 belts, and did not like it. I have not seen a leather steel core belt on display that I can try on.

The new AG paddle holsters look  interesting. I have a couple of Fobus holsters, and I like them. They just don't hold the guns close enough to my hip. I use them when working in the yard. Most of the comments I see here about Fobus, or paddle holsters in general, is not good.
View Quote
I now use a Boston Leather 1.5"  feathered edge 3 layer belt that were on sale through an online retailer (public safety/LE site) for $33 each, free delivery (bought 2, brn/blk.  Very stiff leather inner layer but not steel, the feathered edge is perfect business wear. I'm going to try my full size XD tucked all day long next week (CC and open carry allowed at state government offices in TX now whether you are an employee or visitor btw) and even though i can open carry, I prefer to be CC..

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#38]
My first AG holster was actually an "Old Faithful" brand from before they merged.

I have to say it's pretty cool that you can just get a different kydex shell instead of a whole new holster if you switch carry guns.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#39]

They claim that their leather is a special type that will not absorb sweat. I never heard of such a thing. I have the older style with leather backing for my P228 and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried different positions, different shirts but I still print really bad and my shirt won't stay tucked in. I am not new to carrying, been at it for 25 years, but always carried OWB until trying one of these that I scored in the EE for 15 bucks. Yes I have watched their videos and others on youtube still no solution. I am sure it must be me, I'm just a OWB type?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have the 2.0 and was checking out the 3.0 at the NRA convention.  It's a better holster and I think I'm going to upgrade soon.
View Quote

OK, I hot hosed. I have 4 AG holsters, and I did not get a medallion? What is it made out, of and how big is it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They claim that their leather is a special type that will not absorb sweat. I never heard of such a thing. I have the older style with leather backing for my P228 and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried different positions, different shirts but I still print really bad and my shirt won't stay tucked in. I am not new to carrying, been at it for 25 years, but always carried OWB until trying one of these that I scored in the EE for 15 bucks. Yes I have watched their videos and others on youtube still no solution. I am sure it must be me, I'm just a OWB type?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

One thing that a lot of people miss is a good carry belt.  I's amazing how much difference it makes.  With any of my old belts, I could carry a G26 or smaller, but with a real belt (in my case a Hanks Gunner), I can carry my 22 or 17 and not print as much as I used to with my 26.  It really does make THAT much of a difference.  Try it, you'll see.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Just picked up the original cloak tuck for my glock 19.  So far i really like this holster.  Use to carry and xds in an mtac and the ag holster with the g19 conceals just as easy and just as comfortable.  Was carrying aiwb with a g-code incog and am liking the switch to this ag holster.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I just got one for my G43.  Don't like it at all.  Makes the gun seem way bigger than it is.  Way overbuilt.  Planning on returning it soon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just got one for my G43.  Don't like it at all.  Makes the gun seem way bigger than it is.  Way overbuilt.  Planning on returning it soon.
View Quote

I wasn't a fan of the size either, and the kydex is thicker than it needs to be for IWB carry.  I bought one of the older ones back in early 2015, it was around $35.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#47]
They are good holsters. Do the trick.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#48]
The 3.0 holster is awesome. Have two of them. The padding effect makes them very comfortable. Had issues carrying with my back injury until I got the alien gear.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#49]
They are great holsters for the money, but I prefer the MTAC

The kydex is a little thick on the AG and the retention is not great

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#50]
After aforementioned issues with the 2.0 leather, I gave the neoprene 3.0 a try.
I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and although I'm a bigger guy and it's the summer: I've had no hot spot issues.
Have shells for my smaller summer carry (G43, P938) and they've been easy enough to swap out, and have had no issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top