Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2016 1:07:28 AM EDT
In search of a small purse gun for m'lady.

My first thought was a G26 or G43 but she's not too keen on the Glock not having an external safety but I think she might be coming around.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Snub wheel gun not an option? Does she shoot or are you nudging her to carry?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Snub wheel gun not an option? Does she shoot or are you nudging her to carry?
View Quote

I don't know a thing about revolvers.

She shoots on occasion and mentioned carrying to me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife carries a Glock 19 in a gun tote'n mama purse, which has an adjustable Velcro holster shell within a dedicated gun zippered section.  She also carries on body when available but women's clothing doesn't always allow for it.  When she does use the purse for carry it is worn cross-body strong side and she never leaves it anywhere.  We're both prior LE so it's nice having her watch my back
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I would suggest a Ruger LC9s, I know someone that has one and seems to love its small size. Plus it has an external thumb safety.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever gun she shoots the best. If she is going to off body carry in a purse, then she really doesn't have to compromise for a smaller gun. Let her shoot several good guns if you can find a range that does rentals or friends that will let her try their guns out. Then make sure she has a holster that will keep the trigger guard covered. With the Glock and M&P that could be something as simple as a Vanguard 2 from Raven Concealment. Also, I think that Crossbred holsters has some specific holsters for purse/bag carry.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]

S&W shield in 9mm, my wife really likes hers.

Also, work with your lady and get her carrying ON BODY... took some time with my wife, final straw for her was me playing the bad guy and her trying to defend herself carrying in her purse. Once she realized even a wanna be, rookie thug like me could stop her cold she finally gave up the purse carry

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would suggest a Ruger LC9s, I know someone that has one and seems to love its small size. Plus it has an external thumb safety.
View Quote

My girl has the pro version and loves it
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Whatever gun she shoots the best. If she is going to off body carry in a purse, then she really doesn't have to compromise for a smaller gun. Let her shoot several good guns if you can find a range that does rentals or friends that will let her try their guns out. Then make sure she has a holster that will keep the trigger guard covered. With the Glock and M&P that could be something as simple as a Vanguard 2 from Raven Concealment. Also, I think that Crossbred holsters has some specific holsters for purse/bag carry.
View Quote
This! Let her pick the gun or it will stay at home if she doesn't like it. Damn what you think she needs or doesn't need, she's the one that will determine it at the end.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In search of a small purse gun for m'lady.

My first thought was a G26 or G43 but she's not too keen on the Glock not having an external safety but I think she might be coming around.
View Quote
Isn't there an aftermarket manual safety for Glocks? I think there might actually be an OEM because I think Glock played with the idea at some point for the umpteen trials our mil has had.

ETA: Ignore the commentating as it's kind of derpy in this video.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
S&W shield in 9mm, my wife really likes hers.

View Quote

This. Shield is a great gun for females, and they have the external safety option. Also they are small enough to carry on body for a female, no matter how small they are.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with the Shield. She should also look at the HK P30sk V3
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife carries an G42 in her purse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top