Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2016 12:02:31 PM EDT
Looking to pick up a new carry gun in .40. Both are pretty similar in price. Just wondering what the masses think and/or recommend. I have not put my hands on either yet. Currently carrying a shield in 9mm, iwb at 4 o'clock.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 320sc and the PPQ both in 9mm. I actually prefer the 320 trigger to the PPQ. While the PPQ is a lighter, I love the 320 trigger. A bit longer and heavier pull but very smooth and the reset is excellent with a nice crisper break imo.  I just have a better tactile "feel" with the 320 if that makes any sense, which is purely subjective. The 320 shoots a bit smoother imo compared to the Q. Both are accurate and excellent handguns but I like the 320sc better. Easier to conceal with 12 +1 but when I put the 15 round mag in the sc it actually feels better in my hand the the PPQ which has good ergo's as well. Plus I have modularity if I want it and they typically come w/ nights sights. I would suggest shooting both of you can.  The trigger on the PPQ is very seductive for those who first shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Which 320? Sub compact, compact, carry, full size, or long slide? Assuming based on the size of what you're carrying now plus the size of the PPS, I'm going to assume you had meant to say the P320 Sub Compact. For starters I don't get my underoos in a wad over the caliber wars but I will say getting small .40's is a bad idea just like getting a small .45 is a bad idea due to the muzzle flip. But eh, whatever it's for you and not me. To be honest if you like the 320 better, make sure it's the revised version meaning a gen2 because you will actually like it. While I have no experience with that Walther I will say nothing because it's not my place to speak about something I know nothing about; but I do own a 320 Carry and it's an awesome pistol and very underrated that has caught the eyes of departments nationwide, possibly the FBI, and from the looks of things the MHS for the services.

Arfcom tradition says both but I say try both first before you buy and then decide.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew I would leave something out. I was leaning toward the compact in the SIG. I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry PPS. Trigger sucks but I doubt any need to fire will be further away than 20 feet. Plenty good enough for that.
The one thing I love about the PPS is the grip housing (back strap)  main spring cover that detaches and renders the gun un usable. Very handy when I need to leave it in the truck because I am going somewhere I can not or don't need to carry. It could get stolen but they can't use it until they get another back strap.
The other thing I love is the thin, light weight comfort of it. I also have a M&P Compact...never carry it.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had a PPS since they first came out, and it is a hell of a lot more capable than a 20 foot pistol.  Nor have I ever had occasion to remove the back strap and it would never occur to me to use that as a safety measure for an unattended gun.

What the PPS brings is a highly accurate and dependable pistol that can be configured using three different size magazines and two different back straps.  I'll cheerfully admit knowing nothing about the SIG, but if I somehow lost that Walther I'd be out shopping for its replacement the same day.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
LGS had a full size 320 and pps in stock. The SIG was real nice and felt great in my hand, but considering the compact is only slightly smaller than the regular size, I think its just too bulky for me as a edc gun. The pps is just about the same size as my shield, and even slimmer I think. It also felt pretty good in my hand as well. Unfortunately they didn't have it as a "range" gun. Decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had a PPS since they first came out, and it is a hell of a lot more capable than a 20 foot pistol.  Nor have I ever had occasion to remove the back strap and it would never occur to me to use that as a safety measure for an unattended gun.

What the PPS brings is a highly accurate and dependable pistol that can be configured using three different size magazines and two different back straps.  I'll cheerfully admit knowing nothing about the SIG, but if I somehow lost that Walther I'd be out shopping for its replacement the same day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Guevera/IMG_0070_zps3c894548.jpg

View Quote

Why not ? Works as well or better than a trigger lock !
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
What's up with the "First Edition" engraving? Any difference from ones that aren't?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
from what we've seen, they are pretty comparable in the market...but i'd have to roll w/ the 320 of the two
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Honestly I don't know that the PPS adds anything that you aren't already getting with the Shield. I recently picked up a 320 compact and have been very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a g22 but its just too big for edc for me. So I figured I would pick something else up in .40 for another choice of carry gun. You're probably right, and I probably don't need it. But.....you know how it is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:07:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Recently picked up a P320 compact and really liking it so far. Havent tried carrying it because my holster isn't here yet, but I like the way it shoots.

I normally carry a G19 so the size is almost identical, I don't see it being uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Recently picked up a P320 compact and really liking it so far. Havent tried carrying it because my holster isn't here yet, but I like the way it shoots.

I normally carry a G19 so the size is almost identical, I don't see it being uncomfortable.
View Quote
What holster did you go with? I had to special order mine from Theis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top