Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2016 2:24:24 AM EDT
Do any arfcom member use this jacket for concealed carry?  I know I am late to the game with it, but I just acquired one.  I want to use it to carry when wearing business clothes as my frame does not hide even my G19 well with slack and a tucked in button up.  I don't have a Velcro backed holster yet, but I have heard the Crossbreed Ohai is a good choice for this. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Ever thought of going to a G43 to keep things simple since you already know the basics with Glock pistols and it can be easier to conceal? The reason I'm asking is because I'm in the camp that without training, matches, and practicing on your own, that type of drawing looks rather...cumbersome.

Good luck with the outcome, sir.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have thought about it, been doing a lot of research lately on it.  My concern was that the G43 was not really that much thinner width wise, which is my struggle. I don't know if there is a better way to carry or what, but when I carry IWB in even decent fitting clothes (not tight) it look like I have a 2x4 under my shirt in any position other than standing straight up and not moving.  I figured learning another carry position and draw could possibly be worth it.  

Now that I have worn the jacket a bit I do think it is much better for IWB concealment than my normal wool jacket.  I can actually clear the holster without struggling like an idiot in this jacket.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
See this is why I went for the 320. When I start fussing about things I can just switch the compact lower and 17 round mag for a carry lower with a 15 round mag for carrying
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL If I tell my wife I need to invest in another new platform she is gonna start to question my ability to carry in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:07:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have yet to meet a Nevadan that only owned one handgun

Plus it's good to have choices, this is America after all

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
From experience, I'd have to say, don't have any consternation about the width of the G43.  I'm 5'8", 175lbs.   The G43 disappears IWB and I nearly forget it's there.  I can easily conceal in anything from shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops to a tucked button down, to ankle carry with no issues whatsoever.  The light weight of the G43 is a great benefit when tucking it away...It's also easy to drop the single stack backup mag in a pocket and it not get in the way...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top