Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
carry my spare mag in a Green force gear iWB appendix holster
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Valid thoughts, IMO.  Also Google Raul Rodriguez.  That dude recorded himself confronting a noisy neighbor, whom he ultimately shot after making sure he proclaimed on video "I'm in fear for my life, I'm standing my ground!"  He got 40 years (in Texas, no less!).  This guy apparently always carried a gun and two hi-cap mags, but they made a big deal that he suited up with 45 rounds of ammo for this confrontation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just wanted to throw in a thought I had on the topic of carrying 5 extra mags and 100+ rounds of ammo.  I'm a former prosecutor, and generally I don't buy any of the "don't use reloads/modified trigger/gun with a removed mag safety/etc because if you have to shoot someone, they'll use it in court" stuff.  I use reloads, and I removed the mag safety from my BHP.  Not gonna make a bit of difference in a good shoot.

But I was thinking about George Zimmerman, and all the shit he went through.  The prosecutor in that case tried to make an issue out of the fact that he was carrying with a round in the chamber, saying that it indicated he was looking to go shoot someone.  How do you think it would've played in court if the prosecutor displayed his handgun, his other handgun, four or five extra mags and 120 rounds of ammo?  

God help you if you feel the need for a loadout like that and you are involved in anything other than a clear-cut SD shooting.

Valid thoughts, IMO.  Also Google Raul Rodriguez.  That dude recorded himself confronting a noisy neighbor, whom he ultimately shot after making sure he proclaimed on video "I'm in fear for my life, I'm standing my ground!"  He got 40 years (in Texas, no less!).  This guy apparently always carried a gun and two hi-cap mags, but they made a big deal that he suited up with 45 rounds of ammo for this confrontation.

Not to derail the thread too much, but I watched the video, and he initiated the confrontation, he had multiple chances to deescalate or leave. If I were on his jury, the statement "I'm not going to lose to these guys anymore" is far more damning than some extra mags.  You can bring your ego or you can bring your gun, but you can't bring both.

I am not a former prosecutor, and I don't have "Law" in my username, so I may be way out of my league here.

To get the thread back on topic, I carry my extra mag AIWB

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Last night it was in the washing machine.......I carry mine in my pocket.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With jeans, P7 or G43 mag in watch pocket.
View Quote

You must be a dirty lefty too...

Glock 26 mag +2 baseplate in watch pocket, or in a desantis pocket mag holster.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With jeans, P7 or G43 mag in watch pocket.

I always wondered about all those guys who carry in their watch pocket, because there is a bunch of em. Are you all lefties or is that just the easiest place for you to carry a spare?

As a right handed shooter I definitely want my reload on the left.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just curious as to where people carry their spare mag.

I personally carry my pistol appendix (right handed). My spare mag is in an Kydex IWB holder, located just behind my left (weak side) hip.

I have been toying with the idea of moving it up front for easier access, should I ever need it.
View Quote

Didn't read the whole thread, but look at the Gcode mag carrier you can cant it out to the side which makes it conceal a little better. I carry it up front with my pistol (I also carry appendix.) You can also look into the Trex Arms Sidecar holster that has it built in.

I used to carry the spare in my pocket. Then I start practicing stoppage clearances one handed... Getting a magazine out of your left jeans pocket with your right hand is problematic. Having it up front and accessible by either hand is great.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Kytex brand kydex OWB 9:00 for my LC9, a Simply Rugged leather OWB for my Beretta. Revolvers get an extra 6 rounds in a Galco 2x2x2 pouch at 12:30.

I'll often add a mag in my pocket if I feel the need. Remora mag holder for double stacks and a Desantis mag-packer for single stacks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

22rd mag left front pocket. 2 22rd mags right front pocket. 2 15rd mags shoulder rig. 1 9rd mag in 1 gun and 1 15rd mag in another gun.
View Quote
How do your pants stay up?

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Prison wallet.
View Quote
Lots of capacity in there.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
22rd mag left front pocket. 2 22rd mags right front pocket. 2 15rd mags shoulder rig. 1 9rd mag in 1 gun and 1 15rd mag in another gun.
View Quote

Just a thought. Do you carry any medical equipment? Tourniquet? Etc. If not, maybe give up some of those magazines and put an ifak and tq in that place. If you plan on needing that many rounds you should plan on getting shot. Any firefight that lasts that long will likely end up with you taking round as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top