Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2016 11:10:51 PM EDT
So far I've had terrible luck with my concealed carry holsters.  Be it a lack of comfort or bad imprinting, I can't seem to find one that works well for me.  So, I'm asking the hive for suggestions.  The pistol is a S&W M&P 9c, with the finger grip extension.  I'm average build, and would prefer if I didn't have to wear a button down shirt every time I carry.  I've tried the full size White Hat holster, and a couple from Galco.  I like kydex and leather (I could go so many places with that....), but I suppose it's not required.  Anyway, suggest away.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
CompTac. I have had 3 CTAC holsters for different guns, and one Spartan holster. Spartan was a bit more comfortable, but the CTAC hid a lot better.

Raven has nice stuff, I just wished it to be more adjustable, and wasn't as comfortable as the CompTac offerings, as it was a large piece of Kydex.

Off the grid makes some really nice holsters too, and I had quick turnaround time on my order, being it was in stock and ready to go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Comp-Tac MTAC. I haven't found anything I like as much.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Comp-tac, Crossbreed, Milt Sparks VMII, can't really go wrong with any of those choices. I think the Milt Sparks is my favorite holster though, but there's often a wait for them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Milt sparks criterion
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry the same gun and have an mtac for it. With that said, I bought a stealth gear onyx a couple months ago. The onyx is a much more comfortable holster that makes carrying a lot more enjoyable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info, even though it means I'm spending my morning looking at holsters instead of cleaning my house....
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Stealth Gear
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, what holsters have you used so far?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Comp-Tac MTAC. I haven't found anything I like as much.
View Quote

^^^ This
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
What belt are you using?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you tried Mexican Carry ..

But really  check out

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

http://www.dmbullardleather.com/
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Concealment Solutions!  Its all I buy anymore
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Incog carried appendix or TT Gunleather Slim Mike's Special IWB if you prefer to carry on your hip.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Can't say enough for High Noon Holsters. They make leather and kydex.  I have a leather one from them, it's awesome.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
N82 tactical get the Pro model.  extremely comfortable (no part of the gun is against your skin, including the grip) and conceals well with just a T-shirt
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Milt Sparks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
IWB Kydex is most likely your answer but will also say that a good belt and a quality IWB leather holster will go along way.  

Assume paying $75-100 for a good one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Uncle Mikes makes some good ones
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I have carried the Glock19 (similar to your 9c) in many holsters:

-UCR ultimate concealment rig (you old guys remember that one)
-3 tr holsters (2 iwb and 1 owb)
-galco King tuk
-blade tech iwb
-2 pj holsters
-safariland Als
-desantis owb
-renegade ankle holster
-Glock sport holster
-galco concealable
-high noon iwb
-alessi talon
-don Hume iwb
-remora
-Alabama pocket holster

That's all I can remember, I'm sure there's more.  There's many that are good.  I would say try a pj holster.  Currently my favorite.  Paul will customize for you, very good communication too!  The Alessi talon was sweet too but not as good as the pj holster.  I requested max cant and a low ride and boy I got it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I carry an M&P full size and I've been very happy with the TT Gunleather products I use.

And they're real nice lookin too.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#21]
For me it was more important where the holster is located
Around 3 o'clock is not comfortable
I carry a glock 33 or 19 24/7 iwb at 4.5-5 o'clock
I use a comp-tac ctac for both
You have to play with the depth, cant and position on your waist
I use wilderness bets
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:04:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#23]
If OWB carry is your intention, consider Alessi's CQC/S. No need to look further if fine leather work is in your equation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can't say enough for High Noon Holsters. They make leather and kydex.  I have a leather one from them, it's awesome.
View Quote

I've been using a High Noon Slide Guard for the last month and it's excellent.

Sparks and Alessi are a couple of my favorites. Josh Bulman would easily be number one if I could get one.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm a big fan of the  Phlster Skeleton @ 1oclock.  The reason being that as a skinny guy I like to add as little bulk as possible to the gun.  If I didn't wear clothes that fit well I'd look like a bum.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#26]
What belt are you using OP?  A large part of comfort comes from belt.  Ask me how I know.... I spent over 1K before I started listening to what ARFCOM said.

Ares Gear Aegis belt
G19.4 in a Comp-Tac M-Tac holster@430-5
Comp Tac spare mag IWB holster

6'1" 145#
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been wearing a Crossbreed SuperTuck for years, but I'm switching to an Alien Gear 3.0.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for all the input.  As for my belt, right now I'm using cheap ones from walmart or sportsmans.  Yes, I know they're not the best, but they're all I have for now.  I'm looking at getting a 5.11 Apex once my next good paycheck gets in.  

Here's another question.  For IWB carry, what position do you prefer to carry in?  I prefer the 3 o'clock range, so keep that in mind when making suggestions.  Thanks again for all the input.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the input.  As for my belt, right now I'm using cheap ones from walmart or sportsmans.  Yes, I know they're not the best, but they're all I have for now.  I'm looking at getting a 5.11 Apex once my next good paycheck gets in.  

Here's another question.  For IWB carry, what position do you prefer to carry in?  I prefer the 3 o'clock range, so keep that in mind when making suggestions.  Thanks again for all the input.
View Quote

For the belt, 5.11 or Wilderness are good ones, I have the wilderness and like it.

I prefer about 4, conceals a bit better and more comfortable overall. And with some cant its still very easy to draw
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#30]
get a good CCW belt...what kind you using? you need a dedicated gun belt

greenforce tactical

NSR holsters

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Until I retired the year before last I hated IWB holsters because they were all uncomfortable. I wore my duty weapon in an OWB holster (Blade Tech) under a vest, jacket, or Hawaiian shirt. Last year I discovered a new company StealthGear. They are a new startup that makes an IWB holster that I tried and now carry my Kimber Custom TLE/RL II 10mm pistol exclusively in. It is padded and I almost forget that I am wearing a weapon. This is the only IWB holster I will wear.

http://stealthgearusa.com/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top