BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep count me in also....Volund Grearworks....Top notch and awesome service.
....Hoss
View Quote

This I have one of these and I am starting to like it more and more. I have not tried anything else.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm breaking in a Lenwood Leather Hybrid.  Impressed with it so far.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at the wilderness, SOE, and Brown Coat. I like the buckle on the Brown Coat and the SOE. I decided to go with the SOE (EDC model) Recommended to me by John, the owner .  So far no customer service issues with SOE He answered my questions quickly and professionally. People rave about his products. We shall see. Heavy Nylon rigger type is the way to go for tough usage. If you want to look pretty, beats me.  I can't comprehend that anymore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Ares Aegis as well...

Note: holster is on outside of belt for pic only...

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been using an Ares Ranger everyday for the past 3 years.   Previously I used a heavy leather belt.  There is no comparison.  If I ever wore out my Ranger I would replace it with a Aegis.  Taking the buckle off ever morning and night is annoying.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an Ares Ranger belt. I've been using it for the last few years. It's looking kinda ragged, but it has held up. I do want to get a nice leather belt(s) to add to the collection for when I want to dress up a little more.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I recently got a Mean Gene Leather Victory Aegis belt, and love it. It is a great alternative if you want an Ares buckle but leather belt. I can't imagine a belt having more quality that it, I'll be getting one of his simple belts too.
View Quote

This.  I'm over the tacticool nylon stuff.  Mean Gene belts are badass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
OSOE gear
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ares Gear Aegis belt.... Worth every penny buy once cry once.  I have bought and wasted  a lot of money on different belts and this IMO is the best.  Quickly adjustable.... Loosen when you sit down in the car tighten when you need better tension and stiff so you do not get the sagging on one side problem.
View Quote
I just ordered one of these about 30 minutes ago

Am I correct in reading the enhanced aegis model only has an extra layer of color and is not any better besides appearance? And they say 3 week custom make, how true is that?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a harness leather belt made by a local Amish guy. Works great for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered an alien gear leather gun belt a week or so ago. Very few reviews so I figure I would give it a try. It's not here yet but looks good online and was pretty reasonably priced. I tried the hanks leather gun belt but the belt buckle plus the two layers of leather just left an unsightly bulge under my umbilicus.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Am I correct in reading the enhanced aegis model only has an extra layer of color and is not any better besides appearance? And they say 3 week custom make, how true is that?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ares Gear Aegis belt.... Worth every penny buy once cry once.  I have bought and wasted  a lot of money on different belts and this IMO is the best.  Quickly adjustable.... Loosen when you sit down in the car tighten when you need better tension and stiff so you do not get the sagging on one side problem.

I have the ranger enhanced pals version. The extra layer of color is an extra layer of webbing, making it stiffer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have any experience with the Maxpedition liger belt?

Might buy my buddies, he ordered it, never used it and is getting xfered to komifornia for work
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with the Maxpedition liger belt?

Might buy my buddies, he ordered it, never used it and is getting xfered to komifornia for work
View Quote

Yeah, I've been using one for about a year, it's the tits, but the hook takes a little break in. It's nearly indestructible, for a belt.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a lot of leather belts by Sparks and Beltman but I just bought this recently https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts/strongest-gun-belt,biothane-belt,biothane-gun-belt,non-leather-belt,ccw-belt.

I'm using it with a Raven Concealment holster and carrier for my Sig 228.
View Quote

I'm only on day 2 of wearing one of these Daltech belts but so far so good.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a SOE belt that I have had for a long time, but I won't buy another one for the reasons that GSL stated. That may sound dumb given how well the belt has done for me, but there it is.

The next belt I get will be an Ares Ranger belt.

I also have a Mean Gene belt. I'm okay with it, I mainly use it for when I have to tuck my shirt in. I bought two of them. One for me one for my cousin. The first time my cousin put it on, the little loop that holds the extra length of belt down came off. The little staple that holds it together broke. I emailed them about it asking them to just send me another loop (you can easily unscrew the "rivets" and put a new one on. I sent them a picture of the loop and broken staple along with my order number demonstrating that it was a brand new belt. They wanted me to send the whole belt back to them for "repair" of course shipping on me. This experience kind of left a sour taste in my mouth over it and simultaneously leaves me doubting the ruggedness of my belt.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been using a Comp-Tac belt for a while and I like it. Kydex lined, contoured and all that - nice belt:

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Its interesting to read the responses about Ares Aegis Belts. Because my experience is the opposite.
i went from a wilderness to an Aegis and now it feels like I'm constantly wearing a stiff hoop around my waist. I'm skinny (165ish)
and only carry a glock 19 in a supertuck. Really the Wilderness was fine but I jumped on the thick belt train.
I still wear the Aegis but thinking about picking up another wilderness. (I sold my old one)
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd never buy his stuff, he's a grade A douche and has been banned from arf.

And best is subjective, all the local arfcomers here use http://www.thewilderness.com/ I've seen plenty of Gunsite and Independence instructors wearing them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/belts

OSOE makes the best belts/nylon shit out there
I'd never buy his stuff, he's a grade A douche and has been banned from arf.

And best is subjective, all the local arfcomers here use http://www.thewilderness.com/ I've seen plenty of Gunsite and Independence instructors wearing them.

Say whatever you want about John Willis but it's a quality belt. I've been wearing mine daily as an EDC belt for the last 3 plus years. On top of it being an EDC belt I use it as an inner belt for duty belt. The belts been threaded through the buckle and holsters 1000's of times and it's still holding up. The velcro has worn out but it's still just as ridged as the day i got it.

This is going to be my next belt, just because i want to try a new belt. http://www.boxertactical.com/zenith-belt
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#20]
wilderness 5 stitch for 6+ years of everyday use....velcro is only now starting to stick a touch less. But Im not sure you could convince me that for he $$$ of those other belts that they do any better of a job than a wilderness....
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a few, but really like my Kramer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been using a Comp-Tac belt for a while and I like it. Kydex lined, contoured and all that - nice belt:
View Quote

Agree. I've been using a tapered  for 3 years now. I also am able to wear it for work in a business casual setting. I had a beltman & a crossbreed but the buckles were HUGE & not suitable for my job.   The kydex lining is great, keeps the belt round & stiff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agree. I've been using a tapered  for 3 years now. 2 years 5 days a week in a business casual setting. I had a beltman & a crossbreed but the buckles were HUGE & not suitable for my job.   The kydex lining is great, keeps the belt round & stiff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agree. I've been using a tapered  for 3 years now. 2 years 5 days a week in a business casual setting. I had a beltman & a crossbreed but the buckles were HUGE & not suitable for my job.   The kydex lining is great, keeps the belt round & stiff.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:38:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Beltman

I've got one of their elephant hide belts and its amazing, and their bullhide belts are one of the best values in leather CCW belts.
View Quote

I love the bullhide one I have.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Another one for Wilderness belts. Carried Glocks of all sizes and never had an issue. I do miss wearing a good leather belt though, simply because of appearance. Looks weird wearing a nylon belt at the office or church...
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Atlas G hook 1 1/2" is what I've been wearing, great belt.
http://www.volundgearworks.com/belts/

View Quote

This.

Plus the owner is a great guy.

The owner of ares gear, OTOH........
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Just ordered another beltman after wearing one daily for 8 years.  Still looks good, just lost a ton of weight and need one 5 inches shorter.  Also have a sharkskin milt sparks belt cooking on the back burner waiting too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Going to pick up a beltman
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Ordered a belt from beltman on April 7th and I'm still waiting for it.  Hoping to get a shipping notice soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#30]
^Me too!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ares Aegis as well...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/IMAG2302_zpsjivcsyq1.jpg
View Quote

I've been wearing an ARES Gear Aegis Enhanced Belt and it is Awesome!

I plan to also pick up a black one soon.  

I've worn out more belts then I can count, including some decent quality leather ones.  But I don't see myself wearing this thing out ever!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130917-113826.jpg

I've worn out more belts then I can count, including some decent quality leather ones.  But I don't see myself wearing this thing out ever!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ares Aegis as well...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/IMAG2302_zpsjivcsyq1.jpg

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/20130917-113826.jpg

Never had a leather belt last me more than a year and a half.  My Wilderness barely made it 2 years, my comp-tac about a year and a half to 2 years.  My Aegis I am already past the 2 year back and it barely looks used mostly just wear on the melonite finish just showing where the tensioner rubs but the belt looks new still.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ordered a belt from beltman on April 7th and I'm still waiting for it.  Hoping to get a shipping notice soon.
View Quote

Got my belt today.  Took a little over 30 days.  So far I like it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#34]
if its not quick release, its LITERALLY a waste of time (or "waist" of time      )

love THIS belt, never had any problems...

Propper Rapid Release

plenty stiff enough, looks relatively "normal" as opposed to those with the huge triangle ring that says, "yeah, I'm carrying a gun"

my only complaint is that the Velcro adjustment is a little hard to fine tune, but once dialed, it works great.

highly recommend

jack
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
if its not quick release, its LITERALLY a waste of time (or "waist" of time      )

love THIS belt, never had any problems...

Propper Rapid Release

plenty stiff enough, looks relatively "normal" as opposed to those with the huge triangle ring that says, "yeah, I'm carrying a gun"

my only complaint is that the Velcro adjustment is a little hard to fine tune, but once dialed, it works great.

highly recommend

jack
View Quote

Cobra buckles are cool and all.  But they do scream GUN just as bad, if not worse then those D-Ring or triangle buckles.  

And I hated having to mess with Velcro every time I got dressed and undressed.  It wears out faster and is noisy.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, very high quality.  Very happy so far.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Because of this thread I ordered a Hanks Gunner.  Ordered it on Sunday and had it in Saturday's mail.  What a difference it makes to have a belt designed for carry.   Seems like it should last a long time.... And very reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been wearing a leather belt from TT Gunleather for the past few weeks. I like it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#39]
So, at one point I tried a 511 belt and did not like it. It was the super stiff one with velcro, and looked like a come-to strap. It felt like a steel band around me. I passed. I thought that was all that what was available in the way of holster belts. I have been making regular thick leather belts work to the best of their ability.

Yesterday I saw a 511 display that had leather belts with a plastic core that makes them stiff. Not like a steel strap, but just perfect. The buckle does not look out of place at all. I can't believe the HUGE difference it makes in the comfort and wearability of my IWB/OWB holsters.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Has anyone tried one of the belts from http://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-black/?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#41]
$20 leather belt at Tractor Supply. You can thank me later for saving you a ton of money.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bullhide!
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Snake eater tactical belts are the best I've ever worn.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#44]
A&G Custom Gunleather. Fantastic belts. I've got 2 bullhide and a horsehide and won't buy anything else.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried one of the belts from http://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-black/?
View Quote

I have the crossbreed with aegis buckle. Awesome belt
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Got this one few days ago, carries very well, like it was always there

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:00:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like the shit out of those
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I like my Wilderness instructor belt.
View Quote

This.  Have two, plus a couple DM Bullard belts for when I need to look nicer.

ETA- I have a Frequent flier and the other one is the titanium one.  The frequent flier has had daily use for probably five years.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#49]
SOE EDC belts 15% off I ordered a Low Profile EDC in coyote yesterday & it shipped out this morning, I also have one of the Cobra Buckle Belts, best belt I've ever used, it's as stiff today as it was when I first got it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I've had a couple of Loopers reinforced cowhide leather belts, and while the price was right they lost their stiffness in a few years. But even so they're stiffer than most new leather unreinforced belts.

Since then I've bought a couple of bullhide belts from bullhidebelts.com and they've been great.  3 years later and they're still feel as stiff as they were when new.  Of course they cost twice as much as the Loopers belts.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top