BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered an alien gear leather gun belt a week or so ago. Very few reviews so I figure I would give it a try. It's not here yet but looks good online and was pretty reasonably priced. I tried the hanks leather gun belt but the belt buckle plus the two layers of leather just left an unsightly bulge under my umbilicus.
View Quote

@RampedRaptor

How's your alien gear leather belt holding up?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just ordered one of these about 30 minutes ago

Am I correct in reading the enhanced aegis model only has an extra layer of color and is not any better besides appearance? And they say 3 week custom make, how true is that?
View Quote

Time frame was pretty dead on I got mine a day or so ahead of the time frame.  Yeah the enhanced is a double layer my best friend got it and it is just a little thicker.

You will not be disappointed I am very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Ares Gear Aegis and a Boxer Tactical Apogee and I cant say enough good things about either belt and both companies have amazing customer service.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been using a Beltman kydex re-enforced bullhide and it's an excellent belt. I like that it can be easily mistaken for a normal department store belt at a glance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a beltman (Bull) and an Instructor from Wilderness ... and tried a knock off recently but am returning it.

I prefer the wilderness given you can adjust it in minute increments and its much lower profile.  It's a great belt for the money.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/belts

OSOE makes the best belts/nylon shit out there
View Quote

Fuck however good his gear is. He's a shithead to customers if they slight him in any way, and a felon who can't even shoot a gun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Atlas G hook 1 1/2" is what I've been wearing, great belt.
http://www.volundgearworks.com/belts/
View Quote

This, but with the Cobra Buckle. Couple years on this belt, and no signs of needing replaced.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ares Gear is excellent and what I use when carrying
View Quote

Agreed. Been using ARES Gear belts since they hit the market and I am extremely happy with them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone asked about Bigfoot Gun Belts.
http://gunbelts.com/  

I have both a black and a brown 14oz steel reinforced and can't say enough good things about them.  Very comfortable with excellent support.  Fully as nice as belts costing way, way more.

Bigfoot Gun Belts and Alien Gear are in the same town and the official word is they share resources.  When they called me on a Saturday morning to verify my shipping address they even said this is whoever at Alien Gear.  The specs,  price, exchange policy, and warranty for the Alien Gear belt and the ones I have are identical.  I think anyone would like either brand

Almost forgot to add they ship out the door quickly and use USPS Priority to ship.  You will get your belt quickly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an Ares Ranger belt that I really like. Very stiff and holds tight, the Ageis might be better if you care about the buckle style.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Wilderness
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a brown and a black Aker B21 belt, they are pretty solid IMO. USA made, leather with a poly stiffener.

http://akerleather.com/off-duty-belts/off-duty-belts/B21/concealed-carry-gun-belt.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@RampedRaptor

How's your alien gear leather belt holding up?
View Quote

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not getting email notification like I use to for thread replys or personal messages. Anyhow, the belt is doing great and I honestly carry 4 days a week with it. I really like the belt and wouldn't mind having another one just because. However, I'm not getting along with the alien gear holster lately and I wish that wasn't the case because I had high hopes for it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a DSG Alpha Belt, I like it.

https://dsgarms.com/dsgba
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been happy with both my Hank's Amish and Wilderness Instructor belts. I have a Vertx Cobra buckle belt and don't care for the buckle. The Magpul belt looks interesting, I'm curious how they hold up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Tagging this to read later.

Just got my carry permit (just escaped a non permissive state) and bought the only casual style gun belt my local shop had, a Galco.
Hate the belt already. It sags under the weight of my full size m&p in a Vedder lighttuck no matter how tight I make the belt. Very uncomfortable.
Looking for a casual/dress style belt to replace it ASAP.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#18]
My personal experience with CCW gun belts includes the following (oldest to newest):
  • Milt Sparks 1.5" Cowhide / Shark
  • AG Custom 1.5" Leather Cowhide
  • Don Hume 1.5" leather 
  • Galco 1.75" SB6 Fancy Stitched Belt

All are still completely servicable, with the Sparks being 15+ years old. The Galco is the newest one, just over a year old, and I probably like it the best of them all.  The AG belt is around 7 years old and still as stiff as the day I bought it.  For the price, the Don Hume has been outstanding.

Having said that, I've lost 50 pounds in the last six months and even after drilling extra holes in some of the belts, none of them fit well anymore.
I just ordered this about an hour ago: Daltech Force Steel Core Bullhide Gun Belt
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
All of mine have been leather from a Bianchi B9 to my Jaypee which I currently wear.

The Jaypee is a police grade trouser belt 1.75 inches, stitched and stiff.

Couldnt find it anywhere except a cop shop.

Since I cant legally carry everywhere my belts pull regular belt duty as well and I prefer leather.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Paid $30 for my Blue Alpha Gear riggers belt. Stiff and adjustable. Worth checking out. ??
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Atlas G hook 1 1/2" is what I've been wearing, great belt.
http://www.volundgearworks.com/belts/
View Quote

Another vote for the Volund
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a PSA,  Bigfoot Gunbelts is having a $10 off sale.  $49.88 is a hellava price for a 14oz steel lined belt.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm running the magpul Tejas belt. So far almost a year in and it still looks new, has held up great, no sagging etc.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top