Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2015 1:28:15 PM EDT
I'm wanting to add a quick on and off option with a claw to my holster lineup. What's the feedback from these so far? I can't decide if I want to try to actual VG2A or order the claw and try to use it with the Phlster I have for a car holster. Will be used with G19 & G17.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
My personal opinion, there wouldn't be enough support with the VG2 to conceal a 17. I would think for something that size youd need an actual holster. I could be wrong though, ive seen several guys on here carrying a 19 with the VanGuard and loving it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I love it. The only problem is the ejection port being exposed catches on my jeans button if places there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one tonight just to give it a go. I also ordered a Cook's appendix holster with RCS strut so worst case scenario I'll take the claw off the VG2A and use it on a traditional holster. I just really like the idea of a quick grab an go holster that's still secure.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered on the first day. Been using it for weeks now, carrying a G19 at 4 o'clock.
Great holster. Fast to put on. Holds the pistol securely.
My only complaint is that with the claw pushing the grip in, this rotates the top of the pistol out. I trade a print from the grip for one from the slide.
This could be an issue related to me, results may vary.

I still highly recommend the holster. It's very minimal and surprisingly comfortable.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't expect it to hold the pistol perfectly in place, not enough support to do that.  But it does a really good job for what it is.

My main gripe with it in the ride height I prefer the holster puts the grip too close to my belt.  Repeated draws are rough, and I never had that experience with something like the Eidolon.  And the higher ridge height allows for much better draw but I don't like high ridge heights on such a minimalist holster.  It gets unruly when it's that far out of the pants IMO.

VG2a:

Shaggy:

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can't expect it to hold the pistol perfectly in place, not enough support to do that.  But it does a really good job for what it is.

My main gripe with it in the ride height I prefer the holster puts the grip too close to my belt.  Repeated draws are rough, and I never had that experience with something like the Eidolon.  And the higher ridge height allows for much better draw but I don't like high ridge heights on such a minimalist holster.  It gets unruly when it's that far out of the pants IMO.

VG2a:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5648/22917541182_8430921371_c.jpg

Shaggy:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/717/23086469662_7544c11c8f_c.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/751/23086468912_faec67e3a6_c.jpg
View Quote

Good point made, im picky about being able to get a full firing grip on the draw as well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good point made, im picky about being able to get a full firing grip on the draw as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VG2a:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5648/22917541182_8430921371_c.jpg

Shaggy:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/717/23086469662_7544c11c8f_c.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/751/23086468912_faec67e3a6_c.jpg

Yes sir - I'll take a little more printing if I can get a better draw as a result
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. It'll be here today so I''ll have a chance to play with it and see. I've got a ton of different clips I can try it with.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
For those who have one, is the fit snug on the trigger guard?  I just got one and there is quite a bit of play on my G26.  The retention still requires quite a bit of force to remove the holster in spite of the play, but it makes me nervous to have any movement at all given the positioning of appendix carry.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For those who have one, is the fit snug on the trigger guard?  I just got one and there is quite a bit of play on my G26.  The retention still requires quite a bit of force to remove the holster in spite of the play, but it makes me nervous to have any movement at all given the positioning of appendix carry.
View Quote

Mine is pretty snug on my 19. It makes a pretty loud pop when going on the trigger guard and definitely takes a firm/quick motion when drawing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I also agree with Whiplash in regards to ride height using the RCS clip. It does ride a little low and your fingers are going to be rubbing on your belt when drawing. I fixed this by using a Off The Grid (OTG) holster clip that allows you to adjust height.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have any reservations, we would be absolutely obliged to swap it out for you. The factors that go into fitment include Glocks tolerances, generation of model, and Ravens tolerances. Anyone familiar with the concept of "stacking tolerances" will understand how sometimes slight variations may occur even in the best of processes when all of those factors come together.  Whatever the case, if you'd like to swap it out email us at [email protected] we'll be glad to help you out.

Varg Freeborn
Brand Communicator
Raven Concealment Systems
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I use mine primarily for a Glock 36, but have used it for a 19 and 17 with no particular problems.  AIWB in all cases.  Vanguard 2 Basic is a great set up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I use mine primarily for a G19, but sometimes a 17 or 26 without any major issues.  You'll definitely find out if your rear sight has any sharp edges on it though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If you have any reservations, we would be absolutely obliged to swap it out for you. The factors that go into fitment include Glocks tolerances, generation of model, and Ravens tolerances. Anyone familiar with the concept of "stacking tolerances" will understand how sometimes slight variations may occur even in the best of processes when all of those factors come together.  Whatever the case, if you'd like to swap it out email us at [email protected] we'll be glad to help you out.

Varg Freeborn

Brand Communicator

Raven Concealment Systems
View Quote

The most bad ass name ever. Please tell me you were born on July 4th.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The most bad ass name ever. Please tell me you were born on July 4th.
View Quote

Haha, Everyday is the Fourth of July in my world
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I carry a 19 or a 20 in mine, it's great. Biggest issue is he ejection port eats holes in my pants.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I carry a 19 or a 20 in mine, it's great. Biggest issue is he ejection port eats holes in my pants.
View Quote

I've had the ejection port get caught on the back of the button in my levis. Failed to draw. I have to be cautious of where i carry in the waist band.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top