Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2015 11:40:00 AM EDT
Hello

I am curious now that the sig p320 has been out for for awhile, what are most of you liking better/Preferring more the glock or the sig p320's?

I mean to on a personal preference level for just shooting and or carry.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello

I am curious now that the sig p320 has been out for for awhile, what are most of you liking better/Preferring more the glock or the sig p320's?

I mean to on a personal preference level for just shooting and or carry.
View Quote
Glock is not my standard to be honest. Most people claim to be serious about these choices and their whole world evolves around that brand/gun the way some hipsters claim Starbucks as the standard because that is all they know and grew up with when there are way more better coffee's out there than that crap...me, my standard is what I shoot the best. All others either meet up or get left behind. My standard is the VP9 as it needs no aftermarket upgrades as it is perfect right from the box. In regards to the 320, comes nearly perfect as well and it's my other EDC  that I rotate with my VP9.

You're going to most likely hear folks talk about how cheaper Glock mags are compared to Sig but guess what? You can read about people having issues with them all the time, even in the dedicated forum so guess what again? Buying cheap is buying what you get. I had a G20 that Glock replaced the magazines every time it went in for repair. I have yet to see a mag fail from Sig. I like to buy things that have longevity and last for a long time, even from constant use. I also like buying a handgun knowing that I will not need to buy anything else for it other than more mags and holsters.

You're going to hear about how one need's a "step ladder" because the bore axis is too high with the 320. Really? I can shoot a 320c and get faster follow ups than I can with a G17.

You're going to hear about availability of parts and accessories. Well considering how available AR15 parts are, the LGS's never have what I have ever needed and I have always had to order online my AR parts, so it's no big deal ordering holsters or spare parts to me as it's what I am used to.

With Glocks you will have to replace the polymer sights. With the Sig 320 you get Night sights as well as a proper metal sight set that any handgun should already properly have to begin with straight from the box.

But with all that said, the best advice I can give is to get what you will shoot the best. Everyone else and their biased opinions is not you, nor are your hands shaped like theirs, nor are your needs the same as theirs for what you want compared to what they say you should want.

Good luck and I am sure I will be burned at the stake for going against the arf grain here, but it's not like I care about dem basement operator feelings...

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to let you know GSL I do not carry either myself.
But there has been a lot of noise about the subject so I am interested in what sig and or glock people have to say.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just to let you know GSL I do not carry either myself.
But there has been a lot of noise about the subject so I am interested in what sig and or glock people have to say.
View Quote
What are your experiences with a handgun? If you are new to this, I highly suggest taking a beginners class because there are pertinent things about fundamentals that are being taught by good instructors.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Well my experience goes way back looking at about 30 yrs of experience in many different types of weapons.
I have not only received extensive training thru the yrs I have taught several.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Lima Charlie, sir. With a Glock I would go with a gen4 G17. With the 320 I would go with the 320C.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What does the Sig do that the Glock does not and vise versa?  They do exactly the same thing just one may feel better to one person vs the next that may like the other or neither.

The Glock has one huge advantage over the Sig and most of the other polymer striker guns.  Mags are cheaper easier to find, aftermarket parts/sights are more vast for the Glock, and the Glock is easier to tweak also since parts are more widely available.

In the end if I was going to be stuck with either pistol I would be ok with it because both are good quality handguns just the P320 does not tickle my fancy.  I choose Glock because I have no place for a P320 I prefer the P22x series of Sig pistols.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The Sig 320 has a way better trigger imo.

That being said.  I have three Glocks and no 320s
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I like Glocks because they're stupid simple and parts/accessories are extremely available but Sigs aren't exactly an unknown brand though. Go shoot them and see, after watching guys like Stoeger and Miculek I've realized that brand/ergos/action type don't really mean squat as long as it's reliable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Ergonomics may not mean squat to you, but they're an objective need that shooters like myself are subjective to.

Horrible ergos means it doesn't get shot. It goes deeper into my safe and eventually gets sold. Am I supposed not go train because it sucks in my hands, or am I going to have something that feels right, points right, and motivates me to train an shoot it more?

There are folks who are not worried about parts being crazy available. I'm more worried about something that is a POS to me and needs money spent to make it better, or I can buy a 320 or a VP9 and not buy a damn thing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#10]
My Glocks get trijicons and a factory - connector. That's $125 of parts, no more.

I shoot Glocks better than I shot any DA/SA Sigs or HKs.

I like the new VP9s and Sig 320s, But not enough to swap over.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My Glocks get trijicons and a factory - connector. That's $125 of parts, no more.

View Quote
That 125 could be better spent on three or four more mags, a decent amount of ammo, or a quality holster or two.

Why buy add on when for the topics sake, the 320 needs nothing else because it comes as standard with night sights?

I keep hearing cheap, cheap, cheap, but after you change the trigger, sights, a grip adapter, and add an extended slide stop, you're turning "cheap" into not so cheap
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That 125 could be better spent on three or four more mags, a decent amount of ammo, or a quality holster or two.

Why buy add on when for the topics sake, the 320 needs nothing else because it comes as standard with night sights?

I keep hearing cheap, cheap, cheap, but after you change the trigger, sights, a grip adapter, and add an extended slide stop, you're turning "cheap" into not so cheap
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends. I like .115 or at most .125 front sights with plain black rears, I doubt those are an option on factory 320s. If you like regular three dot night sights those are $57 installed from Glock. A new connector, extended slide stop, trigger spring, and sights are going to run under $100 total. Magpul mags are $15, Glock are $20 up to maybe $25. Pick up 6 spare Sig mags vs 6 spare Glock mags and that adds up too.

None of which matters if you don't care for Glocks. That's why I tell people to shoot them all and just go with what they like. Bore axis or ergos or hand feels don't really matter outside of personal preference. They're both good guns.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I would have a hard time choosing something other than a Glock due to years of experience and familiarity. I have recently been impressed with my VP9 and the P320C I briefly played with was surprisingly appealing. If have to get a bunch more time with it to choose it over a Glock though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ergonomics may not mean squat to you, but they're an objective need that shooters like myself are subjective to.

Horrible ergos means it doesn't get shot. It goes deeper into my safe and eventually gets sold. Am I supposed not go train because it sucks in my hands, or am I going to have something that feels right, points right, and motivates me to train an shoot it more?

There are folks who are not worried about parts being crazy available. I'm more worried about something that is a POS to me and needs money spent to make it better, or I can buy a 320 or a VP9 and not buy a damn thing.
View Quote

Ergos mean a lot to all shooters just everyone has a different belief what it ergonomic to them.  Everything you said is true for yourself, I love the grip angle of Glocks but I also love the P22x grip of Sig.  My fiance likes Sig pistol but does not care at all for Glocks.  Variety is the spice of life!
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I shoot the P320 carry better and any of the Glock 9mm I've ever owned.  That makes my vote very easy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Had a G17 and a P320F. Did a side-by-side and sold the Glock. From factory: better trigger, better sights, better ergos.

That said, I have big hands and had to spend $90 on a Apex trigger and large grip module. Totally worth it. Next on my list is a compact P320 and eventually SC.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I have neither. If I were to choose one it would be the 320.   The grip angle and sponge trigger of the glock just doesn't do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top