Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2015 3:51:47 PM EDT
This weekend we were out a mall that doesn't say anything about firearms (don't ask, don't tell? )

I decided to try on some dress slacks but had my IWB holster with a SIG Subcompact along. I can estimate how much waistband to allow for my carry guns but I am modeling them for my wife.

So the age old dilemma of what to do? PA is an open carry state and both my wife and I have the License To Carry Firearm with us but she brought a small purse.

First store there weren't any others around so that was not an issue. Next place was loaded with guys trying on pants and persistent sales clerks... I simple held my pistol, holstered  by wrapping my hand around it whenever I went out for wife's inspection.

I don't think anyone even noticed or if they did, they did not let on. This was in three different stores too. Never did find a pair I liked, so the search is still on!

Normally when I know I will be doing something like that, I pick a pocket pistol for that day. For example, I am going to try a local mall but they have signs up at the doors, although I have never noticed them So a small 9mm will have to do for that shopping adventure
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to try mens warehouse if you have one close. They have had a very good rep for dealing with concealed carriers even to the point of tailoring to allow better draw and adjusting coats to hang right over a concealed firearm.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Men's Warehouse are big time commies. Supported obama, occupy, etc.. they can take a flying fuck through a rolling donut. I used to be a good customer of theirs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Men's Warehouse are big time commies. Supported obama, occupy, etc.. they can take a flying fuck through a rolling donut. I used to be a good customer of theirs.
View Quote

I tend to wear my normal carry rig (G19 in an MTAC with MTAC IWB spare mag) when trying on pants.

As far as Men's warehouse, I wore the above mentioned rig when I was fitted for my suit when I got married, the girl never noticed (same deal when getting fitted for a buddy's wedding). One of my groomsmen did the same with his SIG Pro in a crossbreed, the girl measuring him felt the bulge and asked if it was a gun or a cell phone. He responded with an ambiguous "yes"; she just told him to wear whatever it was with the pants or they wouldn't fit right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I generally don't try on clothes, and if I do, I don't model for my wife.  Soooooo i would just recommend, wrapping your pistol up in your old pants and carrying that, better than alarming a libtard who could call the police and take time out of your day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
As I said, it went well so extra steps are not needed. I doubt anyone would get cranked up with a 70 year old gentleman holding a firearm.

Men's Warehouse lost any chance of my business some years ago... Looking for a suit and I was treated like a King whereas my wife was completely ignored!

No second chance on matters like that!
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive never had an issue trying on clothes/pants while carrying. Carry in dressing room, remove holster and lay it on the bench, take off whatever article of clothing you are trying on and lay it over the holster while trying on clothes, then reverse the process.

If a salesperson is harassing enough to be actually walking into your dressing room where they could see your firearm, I would have more of an issue with that than them seeing my Glock.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't know where you guys shop but most places where I go don't have any 3 way mirrors in a dressing room!

Likewise the cuffs have to be marked before going to the tailor and this too is not done in any dressing room!

Think outside your box...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top