Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:39:19 PM EDT
Seems like a good idea but I'm sure there is a down side.  Reholstering for one...gun moving around a good bit?

It would be used with a G30s and up until I saw it I was convinced I wanted an INCOG...this is about to drive me crazy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I was gifted a RCS VG2 a couple years back for my G17.  I now carry it exclusively and constantly.  Get the vanguard first.  If you don't like it, you're only out $35.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a MIC holster. Almost the same. Same concept anyway. I love it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Seems like a good idea but I'm sure there is a down side.  Reholstering for one...gun moving around a good bit?

It would be used with a G30s and up until I saw it I was convinced I wanted an INCOG...this is about to drive me crazy.
View Quote

It is not meant to be left in place to re-holster. You have to take it off and place it back on the gun, then put the gun where you are concealing it.

It is a really good solution for minimalist carry.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The VG2 is fantastic if you are looking for a minimalistic carry system. The only downsides are 1) the inability to holster the weapon again safely after drawing from concealment without first removing the holster from your belt, and 2) the lack of protection for the slide offered by traditional holsters (this is mainly a problem in the hot months during the summer). If you're interested in the absolute lowest profile holster available and don't mind the downsides then the VG2 is a fairly inexpensive and highly concealable carry option. On a personal note, I like mine a lot and use it when it isn't as hot out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Primary carry method for me.  Not being able to re-holster without removing the vanguard may be and issue for some, but doesn't bother me.  There is alittle more pistol movement compared to a traditional holster but with a good belt, it hasn't been problem.

I think it's comfortable, and hides the gun well.  Awhile back I bought a JM Custom AIWB to replace it, but it just added way too much bulk for me, and I went back to the Raven.  I'll probably use the JM during winter months when I'm able to wear sweatshirts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Works better for me with the longer slide guns.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the VGII, but now have switched to a philster skeleton holster, which is close to the same thing, except you can reholster it.  And it carries a little better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Hate it for IWB. However, I like the static cord for off body placement.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one from the first production run.  I hated it.  For me it was nowhere near as comfortable as a real holster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I love it with a Glock 19. I'd love to have one for the 43!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I made one for my 43 and much prefer a real holster with a wedge for better concealment.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting concept, but uncomfortable in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a fan for full-size guns but I have one for my PPS which rocks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#14]
wasn't stable for me using a MP9FS, slide kept scratching on the inner portion of my jean snap, can't reholster, and dug into my leg since it was just a narrow portion of the slide exposed.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can order a MIC version on amazon for about $20. It's a tad bit different.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The VGII has the IWB strut and soft loop attached.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]
It is a great Holster.  True you cannot reholster but if I draw i really don't give a shit about putting the gun back.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#18]
It has it's place.

If you have suppressor sights or a sharp front sight be prepared for the discomfort from the sharp edges...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm carrying a Glock 19 with one right now.  It's surprisingly comfortable "while standing".   If I'm going to be doing a lot of driving or sitting I have to remove it because it gets uncomfortable very quickly in that position.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone make one of these type of holsters for Gen 2 glocks?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It works with all generations. I've used mine on a 2nd gen 19 numerous times.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it fit it on the Gen 2 as it does on the Gen 3?  For some reason, Raven suggests that it should be only be used on gen3&4.  

I'm pretty sure Gen 2s are a little thinner (or thinker..don't remember) at the trigger guard
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Does it fit it on the Gen 2 as it does on the Gen 3?  For some reason, Raven suggests that it should be only be used on gen3&4.  

I'm pretty sure Gen 2s are a little thinner (or thinker..don't remember) at the trigger guard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It fits my second gen 19, 3rd gen 17, 19 and my 3rd gen 20 all the same. The trigger guard is the same size on all of them.

The only incompatibility issue I see mentioned on raven's site is in regards to the 42/43.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#26]
They work well.  That's why they sell.

And i don't have 68million posts
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I like my two a lot. I wear them at 4 o'clock though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Love my vanguard, perfect for summer. I will probably go back to a traditional holster during the colder months.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't like them but that's because I don't have different carry, range, and training holsters. If it won't do all three I don't want it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't like them but that's because I don't have different carry, range, and training holsters. If it won't do all three I don't want it.

View Quote

Although the definition of 'carry, range, and training' can vary dramatically, I'd be curious to know how many holsters you had to choose from to start with.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I've owned and carried the Van Guard 2 since it came out. It is currently used on an older Gen 3 Glock 23 and a Glock 27. The fit on the the 23 is noticeably looser than my 27 but not so much so as retention is adversely affected.

Since appendix carry is not comfortable for me, I wear it in the 4 o'clock position. Although comfortable, my main issues are as follows:

- Used in conjunction with a Wilderness 5-stitch belt, I notice my pistol, both the 23 and 27, along with the Van Guard 2 rotates fore and aft with body movement (walking, squatting, sitting, etc.). I've tried to mitigate the movement by insuring the belt loop is appropriately size and fits snug around my belt and obviously making sure my belt is tight and secure. However, nothing thus far has prevented movement. This could be primarily due to the single belt loop feature and is just the nature of the beast.

- Secondly, and what ultimately led me to not using the Van Guard 2  as a primary means of carry anymore is when the pistol is drawn/ unholstered the device itself pulls up and inboard causing significant jabbing and pain in my side until I physically pull my belt out and reset it downward facing again.

I still use the Van Guard 2, though as a secondary means of carry. It is excellently constructed and thought out. Perhaps the issues I experience are unique to me but it is enough for me to return to my RCS Phantom holster with IWB loops as my primary means of carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top