Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2015 5:43:03 PM EDT
My mother is going to be getting her PTC soon. She will be carrying a small frame 5 shot 38 special. She is always in a dress, but on the plus size.

Other than purse carry, what other options are out there?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Belly band is my way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Lemme go ask the girls. Hang on...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
there are quite a few options ive seen. ive tried in the waistband in the front of my pants which is what i prefer with s&w shield. ive tried in the waistband in the back, but i tend to print. ive also tried a corset holster which was pretty comfortable. ive seen the bra holster, but it seems awkward. ive tried an ankle holster, but that wont work with a skirt.

id think a corset holster might be good to try. its very discrete and you wont be depending on a belt or firm waistband for support

do you mean one piece dress or skirt and blouse?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The thunderwear/smart-carry type holsters look like they could work very well for women, as long as they aren't wearing one-piece dresses.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My mother is going to be getting her PTC soon. She will be carrying a small frame 5 shot 38 special. She is always in a dress, but on the plus size.

Other than purse carry, what other options are out there?
View Quote

Why not get her a LadySmith?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
She wears 1 piece dresses all summer. I'll look up this Ladysmith thing, never heard of it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, the Ladysmith is just a pistol. She has that, needs a good way to carry it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thunderwear/smart-carry type holsters look like they could work very well for women, as long as they aren't wearing one-piece dresses.
View Quote

When i wear one piece dresses, I just figure I'll pull it up and flash the bad guy. I don't wear floor length though, only to the knee so it's not a tough draw.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Fanny pack.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Dene Adams
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When i wear one piece dresses, I just figure I'll pull it up and flash the bad guy. I don't wear floor length though, only to the knee so it's not a tough draw.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll disrupt his OODA loop, so you're already at an advantage there.

But seriously, the type of scum that target women don't ever seem to expect that resistance is even possible. It screws them up and tends to but their minds in a bit of a freeze.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife carries a G42 in a "Well armed woman" kydex holster.  She uses the ultimate clip or whatever they call it since she rarely wears a belt.  She is new to carry so she hasnt tried with a dress yet.  Most of her dresses are very form fitting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top