Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 11:54:17 AM EDT
Snake Hound Machine made a very cool and minimalist AWIB/weapon light holster a while back but they don't any more. It was similar to the Raven Vanguard but clipped to the weapon light instead of only the trigger guard.

Lion Defense has a really good looking AWIB/weapon light holster but it's not necessarily "minimal."

Raven makes the Vanguard 1/2 which are minimal but don't allow the use of a weapon light.

The INCOG isn't minimal but I love the overall fit and finish...

Any other options out there that you guys have come across that you like?

Post pix if possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#1]
GCode INCOG Holster

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/INC.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Armadillo X-fer, I have no personal experience with this holster but have heard many good things. I'm not an AIWB kind of guy but it might work for you.

Link: http://www.armordilloconcealment.com/
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have appendix carried my G29sf w/tlr3 in a phantom with the tuckable loops. It wasn't the most comfortable, but it worked.

I have the eidolon for aiwb now. Not a light bearing holster, so I carry my 23 and similar sizes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Bravo Concealment's ACER-LB.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, their RTT holster with their IWB soft loops with or without struts works well also.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Dara holsters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
JM Custom, MP9 FS w/ TLR3 all day
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Armadillo X-fer, I have no personal experience with this holster but have heard many good things. I'm not an AIWB kind of guy but it might work for you.

View Quote

I was going to recommend this.
I have one almost exactly like this but made by a different company. I believe they quit making their version also. I really like mine, but dont use it very much anymore. I kinda just went back to my normal 3 o'clock IWB after a while.

My version holds the gun very nicely but I'm not sure I would trust running an obstacle course and expect it to stay in place. You could sprint fine and do mild climbing I'm sure, but rolling around on it and diving/rolling on the ground or crashing through windows type of shit would probably result in your gun popping out of that holster. I'm serious tho
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
until you have to reholster...

Quoted:

I have one almost exactly like this but made by a different company. I believe they quit making their version also. I really like mine, but dont use it very much anymore. I kinda just went back to my normal 3 o'clock IWB after a while.

My version holds the gun very nicely but I'm not sure I would trust running an obstacle course and expect it to stay in place. You could sprint fine and do mild climbing I'm sure, but rolling around on it and diving/rolling on the ground or crashing through windows type of shit would probably result in your gun popping out of that holster. I'm serious tho
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I love experimenting with concealment and really large pistols. I had my holster guy make me a AIWB Holster for a 5" 1911 with a X300u attached. It borders on the edge of impossible. If it works for you, you're the man, but I guarantee your gonna want that sucker off asap.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
My personal opinion is that there isn't a holster capable of comfortable appendix carry with a light, that still has adequate trigger coverage to make the position safe. They all tend to be flared out by the trigger to fit the light through the channel and it makes the trigger uncomfortably exposed. My experience has been with glocks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Dale Fricke made an appendix holster for my G17 with rmr and surefire x300.....no complaints...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Might want to take a look at the new INCOG Shadow/SF XC-1 combo being offered by Haley Strategic and G-Code.  Looks like a very promising carry system.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Might want to take a look at the new INCOG Shadow/SF XC-1 combo being offered by Haley Strategic and G-Code.  Looks like a very promising carry system.
View Quote

I ordered one last month. When it gets in I'll let you guys know how it works.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Edited-joker581
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My personal opinion is that there isn't a holster capable of comfortable appendix carry with a light, that still has adequate trigger coverage to make the position safe. They all tend to be flared out by the trigger to fit the light through the channel and it makes the trigger uncomfortably exposed. My experience has been with glocks.
View Quote
What makes your more concerned with the light channel on a AIWB than the same light channel on any other holster?

The light channel gap can be minimized by holster design and be selecting one of the smaller/narrower lights that are available on the market.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Edited-joker581

View Quote

Dude, your not a sponsor, stop linking your stuff and pictures with your company name. They have told you previously.  It is going to cause repercussions for all of us.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What makes your more concerned with the light channel on a AIWB than the same light channel on any other holster?
The light channel gap can be minimized by holster design and be selecting one of the smaller/narrower lights that are available on the market.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To directly answer your question, AIWB raises the stakes. If you have an ND somehow while its holstered, you could die. Unlikely that anything could get in the trigger guard but it just causes me an uneasy feeling to know the trigger is not sealed off from all angles.

I was dealing with a Glock 19 and the inforce APL.

I couldn't find a holster that would completely close off the trigger guard. I believe a trigger should be sealed off on striker fired weapons. Many makers make kydex that seals off the trigger so that there is 0 gap, but when a light is involved there is no way to seal the trigger guard as the light is almost always wider than the trigger guard which reguires that the holster be flared to accommodate the light passing through. When carrying appendix I do not feel comfortable with any amount of trigger exposure from any angle. YMMV

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Dude, your not a sponsor, stop linking your stuff and pictures with your company name. They have told you previously.  It is going to cause repercussions for all of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It rea.

Not really sure how it lasted this long. ..
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#20]
It's really difficult to find a good minimalist aiwb that works. You really need a wedge or wing.

JM custom

Nuosu

T-Rex arms

Eidelon

All do something a bit different
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking forward to your review.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I love my Trex Arms Nomad. My edc is an RMRed Glock 19 with an Inforce APL. The Nomad has the added "wing" thing to help tuck the grip in and it works really nicely. I wear it most of the time with just jeans and a t-shirt and have no problems hiding my 19.

Lots of people think the added length of the weaponlight makes it more uncomfortable to carry, but in my case it actually helped. I run a S3F threaded barrel and sometimes it got uncomfortable after sitting for awhile, so the holster design of the Nomad keeps it from digging into me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I love my Trex Arms Nomad. My edc is an RMRed Glock 19 with an Inforce APL. The Nomad has the added "wing" thing to help tuck the grip in and it works really nicely. I wear it most of the time with just jeans and a t-shirt and have no problems hiding my 19.

Lots of people think the added length of the weaponlight makes it more uncomfortable to carry, but in my case it actually helped. I run a S3F threaded barrel and sometimes it got uncomfortable after sitting for awhile, so the holster design of the Nomad keeps it from digging into me.
View Quote

I just built a minimalist g17 APL carrier with my own tucking wedge. I find the APL to be the light that best suits the need of IWB carry. I just couldn't do a x300.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just built a minimalist g17 APL carrier with my own tucking wedge. I find the APL to be the light that best suits the need of IWB carry. I just couldn't do a x300.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree man. Just for shits and giggles I put that RTI holster you made me for my 19 with the X300 in my waistband to see if I would be able to pull it off, and there was no freakin way. Im a relatively tall, lean guy and I felt like the end of that light was halfway down my thigh .
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree man. Just for shits and giggles I put that RTI holster you made me for my 19 with the X300 in my waistband to see if I would be able to pull it off, and there was no freakin way. Im a relatively tall, lean guy and I felt like the end of that light was halfway down my thigh .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have built them for x300u... I have tried to tell people, I don't think it will be comfortable. I haven't been able to talk people out of it. So I build it, they probably spread the word that my holsters are uncomfortable and don't work, never mentioning that I tried to talk them out of it. Oh well it is just a side hobby for me to buy and trade for cool stuff lol.

The TLR gets wide because of the huge screw mount but it isn't quite as long but I still don't think it would work well. I want to get my hand on the new surefire just for the curiosity in me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have built them for x300u... I have tried to tell people, I don't think it will be comfortable. I haven't been able to talk people out of it. So I build it, they probably spread the word that my holsters are uncomfortable and don't work, never mentioning that I tried to talk them out of it. Oh well it is just a side hobby for me to buy and trade for cool stuff lol.

The TLR gets wide because of the huge screw mount but it isn't quite as long but I still don't think it would work well. I want to get my hand on the new surefire just for the curiosity in me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too, looks pretty handy for ccw uses.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have appendix carried my G29sf w/tlr3 in a phantom with the tuckable loops. It wasn't the most comfortable, but it worked.

I have the eidolon for aiwb now. Not a light bearing holster, so I carry my 23 and similar sizes.
View Quote

How are you liking the holster since you've had it awhile?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:36:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a T-Rex arms Nomad light-bearing AIWB to try but for now I'm running the X-Fer. I added a little wing to it and it conceals very well with my G17K and a x300U... even better with my G34 believe it or not -- the longer the slide the less my little flab can push the grip out. No denying there's the feel of more bulk in my pants than usual, and when sitting my pelvis feels a little more squeezed. But it is not unbearable for say 3-4hrs at a stint so I'm happy to wear it to the movies. I'm working toward carrying that package as EDC but not there quite yet. For the record I'm 6'5 205 so not skinny not fat.

Agreed with the poster who suggested the X-Fer is suboptimal for reholstering. Fortunately I'm not a cop so I don't have to speed reholster to cuff, just to avoid getting shot as the bad guy or if the situation de-escalates.

Disagree with the poster concerned about the width of the opening being a trigger access problem, since when it's holstered it's inside your pants and they prevent access to the trigger.

Quoted:

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top