Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 12:48:25 PM EDT
So I have some extra pounds that I carry around as I age. I carry IWB. I have a nice IWB holster, Infidel Ultra. I also traditionally carry a small surefire light and a ZT folder along with 1 spare mag in my pocket.

My pants are continuously falling down. It's miserable. Of course the pants I wear are a size larger so I can fit the IWB holster and handgun. It's to the point that they might fall down to around my ankles when unloading my vehicle with baby and groceries in hand. lol

I have been living and dealing with this for I'm ashamed to say a few years. But over time you begin to tire of the solution, "pull pants up". My new solution I'm attempting to implemented using 1950 army suspenders. The kind with 2 attachment points, one on each side. I need to augment my pants where I plan to sew some shroud line loops on each side, working them around my firearm of course in front or back not sure yet.

So now I will need to change up my CCW wear. Prior I had bought big and tall shirts the "t" so it would cover up my firearm where the end of the tshirt came down farther than normal regular size tshirts. My plan now is to tuck in my Tshirt, to accommodate the susspenders and get a button up shirt to conceal my firearm that will sit outside of my Tshirt that is tucked in.

Anyone else have this dilemma and how did you work around it? I'm certain I'm not the only man in e world carrying a firearm with this problem.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What belt are you currently using?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What belt are you currently using?
View Quote
1.5" gun belt from bullhide belts. Probably should have prefaced that in my post. Sorry.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same trouble, but I carry OWB mostly, G19. When I do IWB it's a G43 in either Alien Gear or Stealth Gear holster.  I started wearing carpenter jeans for work and found out I had no more problems with my britches falling down, and I use a plain old boy scout belt.  Lots of pockets for spare mag, light, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, mainly because I wear a 2" wide, very thick leather belt. I bought it HERE.

They also sell belts in 1 3/4", 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" widths, made out of very nice, thick leather.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nope, mainly because I wear a 2" wide, very thick leather belt. I bought it HERE.

They also sell belts in 1 3/4", 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" widths, made out of very nice, thick leather.

View Quote
I have a gun belt.

Eta: I'm also not one of those guys with a comical little tiny narrow ass... lol

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
This is how I fixed the gun belt problem.
http://www.aresgear.com/
Aegis belt

The problem is with belts that rely on a static hole.  Nobody is the same exact size around at anytime believe it or not your body changes all day everyday.  The Aegis belt allows you to adjust the belt to exact tension so it is tight but not too tight.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a 2" belt with a double clasp, don't have a problem and I have no butt at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use a 2" belt with a double clasp, don't have a problem and I have no butt at all.
View Quote

Welcome to the club..... I prefer belts I can adjust by tension not clasp.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been having the same issues, a but of extra me around the sides and no butt to speak of. Here's what I've been finding is starting to work:

Most of the hybrid holsters for me seem to actually lift my belt from the back side of my body which allows everything to droop down back there which adds to the problem. However I have found that small holsters like an all kydex holster either Raven (set up for IWB) or something smaller like PJ allow for my belt to wrap around the holster and still maintain immediate contact fore and aft of the holster. This keeps more of the belt on me and helps fight gravity. I also find that the overly stiff belts that people like to recommend do not work for my body type and perhaps yours too, those belts don't flex enough to make use of the little real estate we have to hang anything off of.

Also, I went with a smaller gun. Even my G26 can pull my pants down a bit, but my 42 is light enough that nothing slides. If .380 isn't your thing, there are a lot of small 9mm's on the market now. I also find the thinner profile of the 42 gives me more belt contact.

I can't take credit for this though, humans4targets talked about it on his YT channel and I moved in that direction, haven't looked back! You're always going to have to pull your pants up a bit, but they certainly won't find their way to the floor. Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been having the same issues, a but of extra me around the sides and no butt to speak of. Here's what I've been finding is starting to work:

Most of the hybrid holsters for me seem to actually lift my belt from the back side of my body which allows everything to droop down back there which adds to the problem. However I have found that small holsters like an all kydex holster either Raven (set up for IWB) or something smaller like PJ allow for my belt to wrap around the holster and still maintain immediate contact fore and aft of the holster. This keeps more of the belt on me and helps fight gravity. I also find that the overly stiff belts that people like to recommend do not work for my body type and perhaps yours too, those belts don't flex enough to make use of the little real estate we have to hang anything off of.

Also, I went with a smaller gun. Even my G26 can pull my pants down a bit, but my 42 is light enough that nothing slides. If .380 isn't your thing, there are a lot of small 9mm's on the market now. I also find the thinner profile of the 42 gives me more belt contact.

I can't take credit for this though, humans4targets talked about it on his YT channel and I moved in that direction, haven't looked back! You're always going to have to pull your pants up a bit, but they certainly won't find their way to the floor. Hope that helps!
View Quote

I had this same problem with a belt with static holes.  You cannot take up the slight bit of slack leftover after you lock your belt down and to go to the next hole it is to tight.  Try a tension buckle instead of the clasp through a hole style.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I had this same problem with a belt with static holes.  You cannot take up the slight bit of slack leftover after you lock your belt down and to go to the next hole it is to tight.  Try a tension buckle instead of the clasp through a hole style.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a velcro bullhide belt. So I can tighten it just right. And find myself doing it constantly.

No one else is using suspenders? Seems like the only viable option for me.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Suspenders would work but some people do not like suspenders or do not dress in that attire.

I do not wear a suit and do not want to wear suspenders walking around ... not really my thing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Suspenders would work but some people do not like suspenders or do not dress in that attire.

I do not wear a suit and do not want to wear suspenders walking around ... not really my thing.
View Quote
Oh believe me, I know they are a pain in the ass. But I'm referring to something a little more sporty like this Viking tactics pair.

Only real problem being, I will always have to wear a button up shirt over my firearm that would now be exposed otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't like my pants to fit tight so I repurposed the nylon webbed sling that comes w/ Colt and other AR's.  I sized it and cut it to length.  Then I punched 2 holes, one in each end, and connected each end to each of the belt clips on my Alien Gear IWB.  I wear the strap under my shirts so most people don't even know it's there.  I got the idea from a police uniform.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Aegis belt

The problem is with belts that rely on a static hole.  Nobody is the same exact size around at anytime believe it or not your body changes all day everyday.  The Aegis belt allows you to adjust the belt to exact tension so it is tight but not too tight.
View Quote

Wilderness Instructor Belt does the same thing for half the price.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the volund tactical gun belt.. it's of the same quality as others here have posted. I have the same results as with the bullhide belt I currently wear. Leather is more confortable with the same support. Short of tightening my belt until I can't breath and I am uncomfortable the belt isn't the end solution. I wish that it was.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have the volund tactical gun belt.. it's of the same quality as others here have posted. I have the same results as with the bullhide belt I currently wear. Leather is more confortable with the same support. Short of tightening my belt until I can't breath and I am uncomfortable the belt isn't the end solution. I wish that it was.  
View Quote

I wear a Volund G-hook belt and while the quality is the same the stiffness is definitely not. I only wear it with my Incog IWB holster but for anything OWB it's not stiff enough IMO. The Ares belts work better for OWB.

I always end up drilling an extra hole or two in my leather belts. It's not pretty but it works for those days I might be slimmer or full, I have s little more adjustability. I've had no issues with the holes ripping either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aegis belt

Having owned both I prefer the Ares Gear belts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aegis belt

Me too and the buckle on the Aegis looks better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
OP, get a tuckable holster (Alien Gear, Crossbreed, Bravo Concealment kydex holsters with struts, etc.) tuck your shirt in, and wear normal suspenders. I prefer the Dickies brand suspenders, as they have large plastic clips that attach to your belt instead of your pants.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OP, get a tuckable holster (Alien Gear, Crossbreed, Bravo Concealment kydex holsters with struts, etc.) tuck your shirt in, and wear normal suspenders. I prefer the Dickies brand suspenders, as they have large plastic clips that attach to your belt instead of your pants.
View Quote
I have a comp tac infidel ultra I like right nicely..

My solution is going to be some tactical suspenders. I already ordered the g hooks and other hardware. Ill have something thrown together in a week or two and maybe post it here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I've gone to suspenders in the winter, and not just for weapon reasons. Just so much more comfortable to have looser pants when so many layers are tucked in.

They are full elastic suspenders that clip on my belt. Forget the brand.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Try a belly band. I wear one while running and it's actually pretty comfortable, no belt required.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I suffer from two medical conditions: Dunlop's Disease and Noassatal. Despite a good belt and holster, I'm CONSTANTLY hiking up my pants.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I suffer  from the no ass and a small gut syndrome .I don't need a gun to to pull my pants down its very frustrating. Suspenders  is the only thing that holds my pants up I wear the Dickies with the belt hooks attachment points at 11,1 and 6 oclock.I have no problems now carrying  any size  gun at  3 o'clock .I also wear a 1 1/2" thick leather gun belt with this system.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#27]
No, my pants stay right where I put them.

I'm using a Boxer Tactical Zenith Belt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is probably the best option since your not dealing with buckle options of having the hole spacing too loose or too tight.
I like my Wilderness belt for this reason.

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Aegis belt

View Quote

This is much better than Wilderness Instructor also since there is no velcro to wear out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aegis belt

Except the velcro wears out and the belt lasts half as long.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Ha ha, my pants stay up all the time.

Can go all day without doing the cop dance.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#32]
You say you wear a t-shirt.  Wear it with the elastic suspenders over them but under an untucked shirt.  No one can see the suspenders under the shirt and your pants will stay put.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aegis belt

My 10 year old Instructor belt would disagree. Still going strong, no fraying.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Perry suspenders have been a huge help for me. I wear them over my undershirt.
Really helps with some back issues and no more over-pressure to my hips, etc.,.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I am 150lbs, 5'10, and an ass flatter than a sheet of plywood.

Wear Levis jeans and use a Beltman horsehide 1 1/4" thick belt which supports:

Commander 1911 all steel in a milt sparks VM2

and on the opposite side

Spare mag in milt sparks mag holder
Fenix single AA flashlight in belt holster w/ spare battery
Leatherman multi tool

in the back weak hand jeans pocket is a Kahr 380, a cell phone in the strong side rear pocket, plus a small wallet, keys, knife, etc in my front pockets.

My pants do not fall down.

Have you tried tightening your belt?

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm looking for a good belt too. Anybody try the belt made by magpul?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No, my pants stay right where I put them.

I'm using a Boxer Tactical Zenith Belt.
View Quote

Been wanting to try one of those but they've been out of stock for over a year now. Hope they come back some day.

Anyway I'd have to echo the suspender suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I sold my wilderness to my roomate and bought the Ares gear. Much stiffer and seems well built.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#39]
OP, I started using suspenders occasionally about 6 months ago.  It really helps with keeping the waistband where it's supposed to be.  
I'm using an old elastic work suspender bought so long ago I have no idea where, but they work still.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Perhaps the size bigger you bought for your IWB holster is just too big. Have you tried going smaller? My pants are very snug to the point that I can put my IWB holster on unless they're undone- BUT I can run in them and not worry about them moving down on me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top