Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 4:12:47 PM EDT
So kinda have a problem my right shoulder works about 50%ish until I add weight to it then I can reach up but it falls quickly but if I get two hands on the pistol I can keep it steady but I read somewhere that in most SD situations you don't have the time to get both hands on the pistol. so I was wondering if I should get a right hand holster and train to get both hands on the pistol quick or learn to shoot left handed
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Regardless of your holster choice, everyone should train with their non dominant hand and eye. It is imperative that we are comfortable shooting when and if necessary with opposing hands.
The holster is a decision only you can make based on your injury and comfort level with the firearm.
The best of luck,
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regardless of your holster choice, everyone should train with their non dominant hand and eye. It is imperative that we are comfortable shooting when and if necessary with opposing hands.
The holster is a decision only you can make based on your injury and comfort level with the firearm.
The best of luck,
View Quote

+1 ^^^^
I'm not sure anything else could be added to this.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd learn to shoot lefty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The best of luck,
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice everybody I know I should train a lot anyway but I guess i'll pick up a lefty holster
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Rotator cuff? If so I highly recommend getting it fixed, the surgery is a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rotator cuff? If so I highly recommend getting it fixed, the surgery is a piece of cake.
View Quote

that and severed two nerves and broke 9 bones ( all at once ) I already got the surgery which is why I am at a little more than 50% movement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top