Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2015 3:15:40 PM EDT
Looking to start the process for my CCW and am wondering which color holster would conceal better.  My carry (M&P9 shield) is all black, am I'm not sure which would be better at concealing/averting attention to it should my shirt rise up.  Any insight would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to start the process for my CCW and am wondering which color holster would conceal better.  My carry (M&P9 shield) is all black, am I'm not sure which would be better at concealing/averting attention to it should my shirt rise up.  Any insight would be appreciated!
View Quote

If running IWB it shouldn't matter.  

OWB I would go with what seems to blend best with what you wear the most color wise if you're worried about blending.  

Concealed is concealed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
It's all going to depend on what the background color is behind the holster. If it's an inside the waistband holster then very little shows and it becomes a non issue.  If it's a belt supported holster then what ever color pants you are wearing will determine the answer to your question.

Black is as close to a universal color for holsters as you will find. Think more on the lines of making sure your cover garments are long enough to allow you to raise your arms a reasonable amount or bend over and still cover.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I mostly wear jeans and khakis with black/grey more occasionally. Should I go with black to cover all my bases?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mostly wear jeans and khakis with black/grey more occasionally. Should I go with black to cover all my bases?
View Quote

I'd say black if darker pants are what you usually wear. I wear black undershirts, but a lot of my pants are closer to an Coyote Brown color, the webbing on my belt is Coyote Brown, so I get my OWB kydex in coyote brown.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Coordinate your colors! LOL

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have heard that black kydex is stronger than other colors. I'm not sure by how much or how much difference it will make though. I have several various colors and haven't seen a difference yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If your gun is concealed it won't matter. Pick your favorite color and carry on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top