Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 10:10:07 AM EDT
Any one have any recommendations?

My uncle who's a police officer tells me to just keep your jacket on at all times then you can IWB carry pretty safely but that still seems a bit iffy though likely the best option.  Anyone have experience carrying in business casual with shirts that need to be tucked in?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ankle holster,

also there is another IWB holster that will let you tuck in you outer shirt allowing you to remove you jacket, stick to dark shirts though.
ETA: I don't remember the name.

ETA: Good article Here. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ankle holster,

also there is another IWB holster that will let you tuck in you outer shirt allowing you to remove you jacket, stick to dark shirts though.
View Quote

This. All the big holster makers make a version. When done properly it just disappears under a tucked in shirt.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a J-frame in a Foxx tuckable hybrid typically when wearing a suit or jacket. I also have a Galco KingTuk for my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the recommendations.  I currently use a mtac and I suppose I could use it while tucking a shirt in though I think a single clip slimmer profile holster may do better.  Pocket carry or holster may be the best option.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Shoulder holster FTW, just dont take your jacket off and youll be gucci

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Any jacket makes cc easy.  Get your tailor to measure while you are carrying your gear.

Casual means ankle or deep iwb.  Or pocket pm9.  With the sizs of big smart phones these dayz nobody second guesses..  that said, its ut usually just easier to carry your gun in a holster in your bag.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to wearing a suit several days a week and have tried pretty much everything.

If your suits are tailored, shoulder holsters are a no go. Most modern suits don't have the additional room under the arms to accommodate your typical miami classic type holster. If it doesn't print, your jacket is probably too big, and probably noticeably so.  

Pocket holsters are an option, but I despise this method. Pistols are too small, the draw is slow, and I find it uncomfortable.

IWB at 3:00 to 4:30 is good so long as the grip on your carry piece is not super aggressive (I.E. RTF1 or gunner grips) and you can leave your jacket on. Be advised I have eaten holes in some expensive jackets with G10 grips. You can have a tailer sew in an extra layer of fabric for a small charge if you decide to go that route. My favorite method is AIWB, but again, I cannot remove my jacket.

I'm not a big fan of tuckable holsters, but if I absolutely have to remove my jacket, I'd go with the cream color belly band.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the recommendations.  I currently use a mtac and I suppose I could use it while tucking a shirt in though I think a single clip slimmer profile holster may do better.  Pocket carry or holster may be the best option.
View Quote

I use an MTAC and tuck in my shirt everyday.  I usually wear black/grey/shade of blue shirts, occasionally white.  No issues at all, and I very rarely wear a jacket.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I daily carry a Glock 19 in an NSR OWB holster. Keep jacket on, or wear a vest.

If you're in a permissive environment, don't fret it too much. Non-permissive, you might go a little deeper concealment, like a shirt tucker or something like that.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
PM9 in a pocket holster.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Great additional comments.  That was an additional concern is wear/tear against fabric.  Suits tend not to be the thickest material and rubbing against the edge of a grip or sight could put a hole in your fancy clothes might quick.  I'll have to give it a test go and see how some clothes look/feel while carrying IWB.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Tuckable iwb, or if you like appendix carry JM Custom's Tuckable AIWB
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
PM9 in a pocket holster.  
View Quote

I never understood how people do this comfortably or in a way that is not obvious, especially in dress pants. It would seem that the weight would cause it to jiggle like a large titty without a brazier.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a Shield every day IWB with a tucked in shirt and no jacket. Paranoid as hell for the first month. Now I forget its there sometimes.
I carry backwards to what many will tell you, but it works for me.
Left handed holster with a straight drop worn with the barrel at 5:00 oclock and the grip pointing towards my right hip for a palm out-right hand draw.
This keeps the grip parallel with my belt and out of the way.

Good luck, Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top