Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:43:41 PM EDT
I carry IWB and like to have an undershirt between my skin and my holster, but in the summer my cotton tshirts I use as undershirts are too hot/sweaty. Does anyone recommend something more breathable? Hopefully inexpensive as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm wearing a printed or colored tshirt, I will use a wife-beater dark colored t underneath. A little warm, but I have no problems with it here in coastal SC.  Better than getting sweat all over my gun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
UnderArmor. Or the cheap walmart knockoff.

I have a white long sleeve for when I'm motorcycling and three or four short sleeve for everyday wear.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a white long sleeve for when I'm motorcycling and three or four short sleeve for everyday wear.
View Quote

Where do you find them in walmart, do you know?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
wherever the athletic clothes are...
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On racks in the Men's' wear. Near the logoed t-shirts, Hawaiian and summer shirts are.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can order them online, that is what I did.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/42371963

I bought several of them in the different colors, was easy to hit the total required for free shipping. These work well for dealing with sweat.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
These are what I use for exactly the same considerations it sounds like you have in mind. They work well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bought several of them in the different colors, was easy to hit the total required for free shipping. These work well for dealing with sweat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I use as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Like others have said, moisture wicking tees

http://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenapi/productmobile.html?productID=1732724
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I use the thin cheap packs of old man wife beaters. Very thin and cool and you get 4 to 6 in a pack. Hanes or Fruit of the loom, whichever is cheaper
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I use the thin cheap packs of old man wife beaters. Very thin and cool and you get 4 to 6 in a pack. Hanes or Fruit of the loom, whichever is cheaper
View Quote

I started with the cheap wife beaters last winter. They were comfortable until the weather really warmed up. This spring I switched to the moisture wicking tees and couldn't be happier.

Ymmv
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't bother with an undershirt when carrying under a one size larger polo shirt. Both of my off duty Glocks are finish challenged from almost twenty years of regular carry. It is just too hot here in VA in the summer to fool with an undershirt. The guns will take the sweat in stride. Cleaning and lubing once a month, minimum, is my ritual. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I started wearing an undershirt because the holster rubbing on my bare skin was uncomfortable. Now there's a layer between me and the holster and I'm much more comfortable.

I won't say chaffing but my leather backed Galco KingTuk and AlienGear IWB do get a tad uncomfortable when I start to sweat. The AlienGear V.2 neoprene is much more comfortable and doubly so with an undershirt.

Of course this is one of those topics that is very subjective and "your mileage may very" is a real accurate statement.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I went the other way and ordered a custom holster so the gun didn't touch me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Nike Pro Combat Compression

Light, cool, breathable with an extra long tail that doesn't ride up. It's almost like they were designed for IWB carry. I have 12 of them and wear one every day.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If I'm wearing a printed or colored tshirt, I will use a wife-beater dark colored t underneath. A little warm, but I have no problems with it here in coastal SC.  Better than getting sweat all over my gun.
View Quote

Shit, man. I sweat right through my undershirts. Gun gets wet anyway. One of the reasons I went back to Glock was so I wouldn't have to worry about rusting my Shield mag catch shut... again.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nike Pro Combat Compression

Light, cool, breathable with an extra long tail that doesn't ride up. It's almost like they were designed for IWB carry. I have 12 of them and wear one every day.

<a href="http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/trbrst/media/73A1B0AF-57C7-4D46-B310-A4970BD7F0E5_zpsnrrnkbgv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/trbrst/73A1B0AF-57C7-4D46-B310-A4970BD7F0E5_zpsnrrnkbgv.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have the Adidas versions of these..... perfect for concealed carry and last 20x longer than cotton.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I went the other way and ordered a custom holster so the gun didn't touch me.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/andrewshsia/front_zps31075fef.jpg
View Quote

My Crossbreed SuperTuck provides a barrier like this one between the gun and my skin. A wife beater takes care of the rest. Plus, the beater adds another layer which helps with insulation (insulation works both ways).
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Shit, man. I sweat right through my undershirts. Gun gets wet anyway. One of the reasons I went back to Glock was so I wouldn't have to worry about rusting my Shield mag catch shut... again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say what??
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I started using a N82 Tactical holster for days that are too hot for an undershirt.  It is comfortable directly on the skin and it completely protects the gun from sweat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top