Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2015 4:47:04 PM EDT
What is everyone using in the pocket carry with a 2" 5 shot revolver category. Just need something to stick in my pocket when we go walk the dogs. I'm tall, and average build.  Want something that doesn't print a lot, but still has quick & easy access to draw if I should ever find my self in a bad spot.

Been reading about the DeSantis Nemesis, a lot of good reviews as far as staying in pocket on the draw, but some say it's too big. Also would like to know if you've tried the DeSantis Super Fly.  I'm not real sure about the flap on that one. Also the reviews say it's bigger than the Nemesis. Any input on these two?

The Uncle Mike's looks like it has A LOT of padding. The Safariland 25 doesn't seem like it would reduce printing at all.

Just like to get an opinion on what really works well for everyone. Let me know what works for you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Mika's pocket holsters been using one for years.

Robert Mika LAPD retired.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a 640-i. (Hammerless J frame, .357 Magnum.)

I used an Uncle Mike's holster for a time. Worked OK.

I've switched to a Sticky Holster. I honestly thought I'd send it back but it works well! In fact, as a pocket holster, it works a little too well; it turns the pocket inside-out when I remove it!

And as an IWB holster, it retains well EXCEPT when I use a stiff, narrow belt. It likes my Amish leather belt best.

I can change instantly from 2-3-4 o'clock to appendix to cross-draw to pocket carry; the only thing I must worry about is having a place to do it in private.

At ca. $35 or so, it's a  deal!

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Desantis Nemesis for my J-frame. It also fits my PF-9 not a perfect fit, but it covers the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Uncle Mikes is what I've been using for 15 years. They work well for $10.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Simply Rugged with slit for reload. Great choice. I carry a j frame.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Made a Kydex one. I recommend finding or making one.
Lightweight, rigid, virtually no added bulk.
I put some 550 cord through the rivets so I can hook it to me if I need, or wear it IWB if I'd rather.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
nemesis or a remora

I'm working on getting used to the MIC holster now, much less bulky
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#9]
DeSantis Nemesis

Hogue Tamer grips

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the nemesis.  Good and cheap.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I see a few votes for the Nemesis.  That was my first pocket holster (S&W 642) and I liked it.  After I wore out the first one, I decided to try the SuperFly (Walther PPS).  I prefer the Superfly.  It is "stickier" than the Nemesis.  It took about 4 years (of daily 365) carry for it to wear out.  I replaced it with another Superfly and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I just ordered the Superfly, $30 on Amazon. I figure if it end up being to much, the $17 fix to go to the Nemesis will be painless.

I'll post back when it get's here.

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one for a PM9 and snubnose.  Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I've used a Don Hume model for years to carry a 642.  It has held up really well and it is easy to draw from.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I used with a Colt Cobra.  Ugly holster, but very functional.  Robert's a nice guy too.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Not a pocket holster, but I got my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder in about a week ago for my J-frame.

It carries nice, low profile, no printing issues, and for me, IWB works much better than pocket carry.

I've still got the Desantis, but I can't see any reason I would pocket carry, versus tucking it IWB.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another vote for Simply Rugged.  The pocket holster they make are of thin leather that nicely breaks up the outline of the gun.  
I never understood heavily padded pocket holsters that make it look like you have a fat sandwich in your pocket.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#19]
How "sticky" is the leather?  Last thing I want to do is have the holster ride along with the 642 when it needs to be drawn.

Quoted:

Another vote for Simply Rugged.  The pocket holster they make are of thin leather that nicely breaks up the outline of the gun.  
I never understood heavily padded pocket holsters that make it look like you have a fat sandwich in your pocket.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Desantis Nemesis if you have to pocket carry.

I regularly carried my 442 in one for almost 2 years until I got tired of wasting pocket space and switched to belt carry and a full size(but that's a different thread). Still have the holster after several years and it still looks good and works great. The wife uses it occasionally with no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Well like I said, I got the Desantis Superfly.  Basically it's a Nemesis with an extra flap velcro'ed on.  You can switch sides with the flap, but like someone else stated "it looks like you have a sandwich in your pocket".

It's pretty sticky, and has worked well in my work pants as well as some shorts.  Like I said, I only want it for taking the dogs out for walks.  If I'm carrying for an all day affair or long trip, I'm definitely not using a 5 shot revolver.  That is a back up gun, or an around the neighborhood piece.  There are 3 M&P 40's in my possession that are never very far from reachable.

I like this little 5 shot, at 10 yards it will put all 5 rounds in the black on a human size target, I should be able to reach the house before they bleed out and get to a HI-CAP gun if need be. LOL
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I use the Desantis as well. I am very happy with it,I certainly wouldn't call it too big.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I use the Desantis as well. I am very happy with it,I certainly wouldn't call it too big.

ETA-My first double tap.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I use Sticky Holsters, you can buy them on Amazon also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top