Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2015 12:29:17 PM EDT
I recently tried a 226 in an alien gear holster iwb at about 5oclock position but that's about the only spot it worked, liked the gun, but i'm looking for something of similar capacity, hair smaller bulk wise maybe a g19, small enough for carry, and double as an hd pistol? I'm a smaller fellow but was able to conceal the sig there, my brother had a hard time spotting it even knowing exactly where it was. I don't go out and about every day (i'm a stay at home dad), but there are times I wish I were carrying. And before anyone asks, my wife doesn't have the carry issue I do. No man purse for me guys . Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 5'7" @ 160lbs and carry a sig p226 daily, If it prints aliittle I don't mind as most people think it's just a cell phone case or something of that nature. Most poeple (unless they carry them selfs) don't know how to pick someone CCWing out in a crowd.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Used p229 from summit, a p2022, or a sig 320c.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
P228/229
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
P228/229
View Quote

this, but it won't be too much smaller.

or just get a G19... I love Glocks and Sigs.

<------- I carry a G26 when it MUST stay hidden... otherwise it's G19, G30sf, P226(Mk25), or W. German P228.  I like all of them, and the Sigs print the most, but I don't worry about it much.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm 5'7" @ 160lbs and carry a sig p226 daily, If it prints aliittle I don't mind as most people think it's just a cell phone case or something of that nature. Most poeple (unless they carry them selfs) don't know how to pick someone CCWing out in a crowd.
View Quote

His point on printing is true.

I've made it a game with a buddy of mine who also delivers at my work to pick out where I'm carrying my gun.

AIWB, he hasn't caught shit. G27 to full size 1911.

IWB 3-4 o'clock, winds made me print a few times.

Until we'd been shooting a few times, and CCW became a regular discussion, he had no clue I carried.

It took him knowing, to spot it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
There are lots of gun options, but, if you like the P226 (who doesn't!), I would take a look at your belt and holster. Make sure you are using quality gear that holds your pistol secure and close to your body.

You may also try sliding the gun closer to 3:30.

I can conceal a Gov't 1911 in an OWB at 3-3:30 and I am 5'9" 170...

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]

I carry a Sig P229 in a Raven OWB everyday.
It's slightly smaller than the 226 but not much
I have no issues concealing it and printing slightly isn't a concern anyway.
No one notices.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I know you didn't ask for holster advice but I have been carrying my p226 for about a month in a galco summer comfort holster and even my buddies that know I carry daily and know how I carry can't tell I have it on my belt. I have tried lots of holsters but this is by far my favorite.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Just get a G19, the P229 is a no better than the P226... I sold mine and just carry the P226
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I am 5' 9" and carry a Sig P250c with a Streamlight TLR-4 on the rail in a kydex holster about 4 o'clock daily. Works great...and a good shooter too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know you didn't ask for holster advice but I have been carrying my p226 for about a month in a galco summer comfort holster and even my buddies that know I carry daily and know how I carry can't tell I have it on my belt. I have tried lots of holsters but this is by far my favorite.
View Quote

Thanks, before I posted this I hadn't even thought about it. Do you know if that holster conceals better than the alien gear?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks, before I posted this I hadn't even thought about it. Do you know if that holster conceals better than the alien gear?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a crossbreed, which is simliar to alien gear and this conceals better than crossbreeds. The crossbreed holsters are just too damn bulky for me, it feels like I'm growing a tumor when I have one on
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
SigPro 2022. Similar mag capacity, still a Sig, and one of the best DA/SA triggers on the market. Plus it's cheaper than a new Glock.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]
G19, G26 or P228.

The P320 Compact also is a close second to those.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I recently tried a 226 in an alien gear holster iwb at about 5oclock position but that's about the only spot it worked, liked the gun, but i'm looking for something of similar capacity, hair smaller bulk wise maybe a g19, small enough for carry, and double as an hd pistol? I'm a smaller fellow but was able to conceal the sig there, my brother had a hard time spotting it even knowing exactly where it was. I don't go out and about every day (i'm a stay at home dad), but there are times I wish I were carrying. And before anyone asks, my wife doesn't have the carry issue I do. No man purse for me guys . Thanks!
View Quote

If you liked the Sig 226 but want something slightly smaller, the first answer that comes to mind is the Sig 229 -- after all that is exactly why they built the 228 & 229 as concealed carry alternatives to the "duty gun" P226

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I just started carrying a p239.  The grip is thinner and carrying an extra mag is easy.  I like the da/sa trigger and sig quality.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I IWB appendex carry a P226 without issue.   Any OWB carry prints like crazy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry a full size M&P in a Cook's Holsters IWB Cook's IWB which I feel works much better with a larger handgun like the P226 or M&P. I tried an Aliengear holster for my 3" Kimber 1911 and felt that even with the smaller gun it just wasn't comfortable or easy to put on. I think my issue with it was that the kydex used for the shell was way too thick which didn't allow it to conform to my body and caused it to feel much larger than it should have. I've also got a Bladetech IWB similar to the Cook's that I used to use for a 5" Gov't 1911 and it worked well with such a large handgun. The key is holster and belt choice. I know a tiny little guy who carries a full size HK USP .40 without any issue. If the P226 is your gun of choice (and I know I love mine!) then don't give up hope. Try a few different styles of holsters and you will likely find one that works for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top