Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2015 10:48:52 PM EDT
I just picked up a s&w model 66-4.

I'm looking for an iwb holster for it. I'm thinking I would like one where the cylinder rides just above the belt. What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry my 2.5" in a Blade-Tech Nano & love it; they make it for a 4" but the cylinder does not ride above the belt line with them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I carry my 2.5" in a Blade-Tech Nano & love it; they make it for a 4" but the cylinder does not ride above the belt line with them.
View Quote

I am not sure you will find one that would ride that high with out getting it custom made.

Can I ask, why do you want it to ride so high?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
  I am not sure you will find one that would ride that high with out getting it custom made.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't want it to either but to each his own. I would probably stick with either a 2.5 or 3 inch for carry though so there is that.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a 5" barrel?  

NIce.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not dead set on having it ride that high. I just thought it might be more comfortable because the cylinder is fairly wide. I am open to all suggestions.

It's a 4 inch barrel.

Those privateers looks awesome!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Adjustable height, not really that wide....

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Kramer and Milt Sparks make them as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Back when real lawmen carried revolvers, I really liked the Bianchi Pistol Pocket for IWB carry with a 4 inch.  The leather was easy on you given all of the angles on the revolver.  If it was blued, I'd look toward kydex, but with stainless, leather doesn't present a problem.  As I near retirement, I appreciate the plastic fantasics.  But I'll tell you there is one armed robbery suspect that is still alive because he surrendered when he saw the cylinder rotate as I staged the trigger......and they did swing nice when the bad guy got too close.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
IWB Alien Gear 2.0 for my 4" S&W Model 65 worn at the 4 o'clock position here.  Very comfortable sitting in automobile or on motorcycle.  Superb concealment with good belt.  I have used Alien Gear almost exclusively for my IWB carry of my wheel guns for for over a year with great results.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those privateers looks awesome!
View Quote

Leather is going to make that too thick to carry for any  more than a once in a while novelty carry. I suggest kydex always for IWB, leather is for carry rig picture threads.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top