Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
When i got my ccl i figured i would be sentenced to a life of khaki shorts, jeans, and never feeling the touch of an elastic waist band again. But, i live in the south and it's usually about 90 degrees, so i figured this was worth asking. What holster would work with gym shorts? for guys, like basketball shorts.

when i try my regular iwb holster from any position it prints, except for appendix carry. In the appendix position, it looks like my piddler snuck out of my briefs and with a 2 inch barrel, i really can't do that...

It's a s&w j frame .38, pocket carry may work, but gym shorts normally have 2 pockets, so phone, keys, wallet, pocket knife, and whatever else i may have can't all fit into my off pocket.

If yall know of any solutions, let me know.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Belly band/Thunderwear?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive tried several ways to carry in gym clothes, and other than a belly band type carry or the "concealment briefs" its hard to pull off. I carry a Glock 42 in those cases, and with a small holster I carry it appendix without it printing too badly.

The main issue for me is the weight of a firearm, no matter the style. Even in pocket carry it really tends to drag down whatever im wearing and swing around too much for me to carry regularly.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When i got my ccl i figured i would be sentenced to a life of khaki shorts, jeans, and never feeling the touch of an elastic waist band again. But, i live in the south and it's usually about 90 degrees, so i figured this was worth asking. What holster would work with gym shorts? for guys, like basketball shorts.

when i try my regular iwb holster from any position it prints, except for appendix carry. In the appendix position, it looks like my piddler snuck out of my briefs and with a 2 inch barrel, i really can't do that...

It's a s&w j frame .38, pocket carry may work, but gym shorts normally have 2 pockets, so phone, keys, wallet, pocket knife, and whatever else i may have can't all fit into my off pocket.

If yall know of any solutions, let me know.
View Quote

IIRC Kangaroo Carry has some ideas for conceal carry.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a Fist Holster 1-K thin kydex on way to and from gym daily.

I own them for J-frames, Glock 42, 43, 26 and Walther PPS, Shield.

They are form fit and the metal clip has a tooth inside it that grabs gym shorts and sweats.

The only caution is that since its thin kydex once you draw the gun don't lay on the holster it may crack it.

Great company...!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry a G36 with an extra mag in a SmartCarry holster while wearing gym shorts, all summer long. I've found that wearing an athletic supporter, without the cup of course provides for all day comfort and all the athletic mobility I'd normally have without a firearm.

The Velcro belt that comes with the smart carry doesn't feel good on he skin so I always wear a wife beater undershirt that this belt then wraps around, and there's no discomfort.

The single stack Glock conceals very well when a shirt is draped over the shorts. If the shirt is removed however this setup will "print" through gym type shorts. I've been tempted to acquire the smaller G43 in 9mm for this setup but I'm very happy with this current setup, in .45acp

Gunzer
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a pm9 in a remora
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pistol Wear
View Quote

I have a PT-2 and it works well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Belly band, 3 Speed, etc. are pretty much your only options.  Nothing else is going to conceal worth a damn without a belt.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I wrap the same belt, holster, and gun I always carry with around my waist over my boxers.  No belt loops or anything, just wrap it around my waist with nothing but boxers on or bare skin if commando.  And then I pull the gym shorts on over it.  Works pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Do you wear the shirts? Are they comfortable while driving/working in an office environment? Is it comfortable enough to forget you have a gun?
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you wear the shirts? Are they comfortable while driving/working in an office environment? Is it comfortable enough to forget you have a gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, the shorts.  I've never tried the shirts, they seem entirely too difficult to get to in the event you'd need your gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use a pm9 in a remora
View Quote

I use a cw9 in a remora. You just need to tie them up tight and it will hold fine, I wouldn't recommend going running or doing a bunch of physical stuff though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Try the Galco  UWKH underwrap:

Edit for update:

Ran 3 miles G19  Galco   wrap,  no problem.

snug, steady, did not move around.

Temperature was   medium warm, 39 degrees, did not sweat much.

A hotter day, or  hillclimb would   get wet under the  band.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#18]
OP I do this nearly everyday.  G42 or G43 in remora "sticky holster" tucked in my underwear at 4 o'clock and then gym shorts over that.  I wear spandex boxer briefs which will support the holster by themselves.  Very comfy setup for a light pistol with no belt.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wrap the same belt, holster, and gun I always carry with around my waist over my boxers.  No belt loops or anything, just wrap it around my waist with nothing but boxers on or bare skin if commando.  And then I pull the gym shorts on over it.  Works pretty good.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Smart carry.  It's what I wear to the gym.  Still need a longer term shirt over it or it looks wierd.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I have an old Bianchi Belly Band for my Smith 442 when I run in shorts.

CD
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#22]
A G43 or S&W Shield in a 5.11 holster shirt has always been my go to carry set up for gym / workout clothes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got a keltec pf9 with the belt clip I keep around pretty much just for gym shorts. Did the same thing with a keltec p3at and it was even easier.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Belly band.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top