Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2015 8:32:00 PM EDT
Hi yall,

I'm new to this site, but i figured it was a good place to get info. And a buddy recommended it.

Anyways, i'm waiting on my ccl to come in, and i was getting acquainted to the Louisiana laws, and whenever i ran into an issue i emailed the police. One thing i found interesting was no gun signs. it wasn't addressed, the class said that it was an issue of trespassing if you have a gun in a store with a "no gun" sign and they ask you to leave and you don't, and the police said it would be an issue of illegal carrying.

I figured the best thing to do would be to avoid those places, so i was looking for some friendly folk on here to help with that info.

the only places i know for sure are:
Circle k
That pizza place in the mall of louisiana (New york themed, hehehe) Grimaldi's maybe?
and perkins rowe movie theater.

I'm in Baton Rouge so places around that area are better to know but i'd like to make a mental note of everywhere. I'm also in hammond a good bit and the northshore and new orleans a decent amount, so places around there will be of help. really anywhere is nice, so if yall know of any stores with "No guns" signage, please comment.

Thanks a ton
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) has a sign banning carrying.  That's the only one I know...and avoid.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard about there. I figured if anywhere would have it, it would be there. Great beer though. I reposted in the louisiana section, but any chains that are multi state, nationwide, whatever. Gimme all yall got.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
In general any business at any time can ask any customer to leave for just about any reason.  So if a store asks you to leave, whether its because you have a gun or not, and you refuse, you can be arrested for criminal trespass. (Their property, their rules.). If your asked to leave a place the worse thing you can do is stand around and argue with employees/management/LE. Vast majority of Louisiana law LEO aren't going to try to figure out whether its unlawful carry or not if you have a CCW and are mainly concerned with you leaving if that's what the business management wants. Just be aware if your one of these guys who go around letting people know you have a gun and a store manager tells you to leave and you start filming/ranting about your rights/causing a scene you'll likely be arrested for the criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, and maybe even illegal carry of a firearm (if its applicable). To put it simply you can't go stir up shit at someones business.

14:95 in reference to illegal carry of a firearm
http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78739

14.95.6 in reference to gun free zones
http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78745

Like I said most LE aren't really out there to stick to to guys who have a CCW. To be perfectly honest I don't even know (and don't care enough to research it) if a private business that puts a no-gun sign is even enforceable in reference to unlawful carry of a firearm.  You can probably check over at USAcarry or an attorney. Concealed does mean concealed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In general any business at any time can ask any customer to leave for just about any reason.  So if a store asks you to leave, whether its because you have a gun or not, and you refuse, you can be arrested for criminal trespass. (Their property, their rules.). If your asked to leave a place the worse thing you can do is stand around and argue with employees/management/LE. Vast majority of Louisiana law LEO aren't going to try to figure out whether its unlawful carry or not if you have a CCW and are mainly concerned with you leaving if that's what the business management wants. Just be aware if your one of these guys who go around letting people know you have a gun and a store manager tells you to leave and you start filming/ranting about your rights/causing a scene you'll likely be arrested for the criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, and maybe even illegal carry of a firearm (if its applicable). To put it simply you can't go stir up shit at someones business.

14:95 in reference to illegal carry of a firearm

http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78739

14.95.6 in reference to gun free zones

http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78745
Like I said most LE aren't really out there to stick to to guys who have a CCW. To be perfectly honest I don't even know (and don't care enough to research it) if a private business that puts a no-gun sign is even enforceable in reference to unlawful carry of a firearm.  You can probably check over at USAcarry or an attorney. Concealed does mean concealed.
View Quote
QFT

stick to the laws for "prohibited areas" such as federals buildings, hospitals, and other felony carry areas. Louisiana lsp website is good for that as is usa carry. as for the signs here is my personal philosophy for grey areas:

if the sign is prominently displayed, fuck em. i wont darken their door

if the sign is hidden off in a corner that i literally did not notice for months of frequenting the establishment because they were trying to cover their asses (usually from higher ups policies) while not offending a large portion of their costumer. meh, legally they have to ask me to leave. if they do, ill leave... hasen't actually happened EVER.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top