Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2015 2:13:54 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade my current AIWB setup and have a couple of specific things I am looking for:
- Fuzz finish. I have an INCOG for my VP9mm and love the fuzz.
- Minimalist holster design. Something like the Statureman AIWB. If Statureman had fuzz, I'd probably just order one of those.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Raven Vanguard 2 for my G19. Not sure it it will fit the trigger guard on the 26 but I love it. No fuzziness but it is minimal. It allows the gun to move with you when you move and sit.

It's the only AIWB holster I've found that doesn't make you feel like you have a yard rake stuffed down your pants.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Raven Vanguard 2 for my G19. Not sure it it will fit the trigger guard on the 26 but I love it. No fuzziness but it is minimal. It allows the gun to move with you when you move and sit.

It's the only AIWB holster I've found that doesn't make you feel like you have a yard rake stuffed down your pants.
View Quote

I have a VG2 and like it for mountain biking and quick trips to the store etc. It moves a little bit too much for me during regular wear though.  It is really great for biking though between padded bike shorts and lightweight fox mountain bike cargo shorts.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting,

Do you wear it AIWB or elsewhere when on the bike? I was trying to figure that out for myself for this fall. I was thinking a belly band sort of setup.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I wear it AIWB, right about 12:30. I tried it on a whim and was really suprised how well it works with a G26. The gun does get sweat on it though. None of my riding buddies had a clue.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a JM Custom Kydex that I picked up at the beginning of spring.  It's extremely comfortable, but I feel like it looks like I have a tumor growing off my stomach (probably not as noticeable to other ppl).  I keep going back to VG2.  I do think I will switch over to the JM when it gets a little cooler and I can wear more layers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No fuzz but..... I like the Fist Holsters 1-K

Quick on/off positive locking clip, works with or without a belt.

I own several and carry them concealed routinely.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Looking to upgrade my current AIWB setup and have a couple of specific things I am looking for:

- Fuzz finish. I have an INCOG for my VP9mm and love the fuzz.

- Minimalist holster design. Something like the Statureman AIWB. If Statureman had fuzz, I'd probably just order one of those.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

View Quote

NICK Holsters

I can make exactly what you are looking for.

Here is an example of my microsuede wrap.

It is available in many color combos, and with a clip (like Statureman's) or a more secure snap loop.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks like exactly what I am looking for! I'll be IM'ing you this evening.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]
JM Custom will make their AIWB with a soft backing if you ask, or you could glue on some neoprene yourself.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]
not what you asked for, but Crossbreed makes a very comfortable appendix holster
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Not really what you asked, but from my personal experience I would get whatever holster you choose in the 19 size. Reason being that the extra length of the holster will let it lay more naturally against you, and have more weight under the beltline. With shorter holsters like the 26, especially carried in the AIWB position, the weight of the gun above the beltline is heavier than whats below the line, and it actually works AGAINST you to conceal the weapon under light clothing.  Just my .02, good luck!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry mine in an INCOG and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been using a CCC Shaggy sized for the G19. It works very well for me. I occasionally use it for my G19 too, but the 26 does hide better.
I was torn between the Shaggy or a JM Custom Kydex and am sure it would have worked just fine too. The wait time won it over.
As an aside, my JM OWB rig is outstanding.

Cheers!
-JC

ETA: True.
Quoted:
Not really what you asked, but from my personal experience I would get whatever holster you choose in the 19 size. Reason being that the extra length of the holster will let it lay more naturally against you, and have more weight under the beltline. With shorter holsters like the 26, especially carried in the AIWB position, the weight of the gun above the beltline is heavier than whats below the line, and it actually works AGAINST you to conceal the weapon under light clothing.  Just my .02, good luck!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top