Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:20:25 PM EDT
Looking for a good retention holster for a Glock 19.  What would you recommend?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Blackhawk Serpa is my favorite
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Safariland or G-Code.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for the blackhawk...they make excellent retention holsters, I have one for my M&P
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
What level of retention?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Anything other than Blackhawk serpa holsters.

Level of retention?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Safariland, whatever ALS model you like. If it's for duty get the SLS/ALS model.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a Safariland SLS with sentry lock at work and an ALS with my own stuff. I love both holsters, worth the price.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
G-Code XST
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safariland, whatever ALS model you like. If it's for duty get the SLS/ALS model.

View Quote

Ill second this.  Have one for my 23 and 19
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Safariland or G-Code.
View Quote

NOT SERPA
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Not Serpa. Safariland ALS or a Galco holster with a thumb snap.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Safariland ALS and G-code are my go to.

Hell no to anything blackhawk. Especially the "Sherpa"
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Blackhawk Serpa!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#16]
What are you using it for? Duty/anything moderately serious? Go with a Safariland ALS

Carrying while hiking/something if minimal consequence then the Serpa is probably fine. The Safariland 6378 is only a few bucks more expensive, if at all, and much better.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#17]
What? No love for Fobus? I use the paddle and/or the belt carry versions for my G19 depending on how I'm dressed. Very good retention for the size.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What? No love for Fobus? I use the paddle and/or the belt carry versions for my G19 depending on how I'm dressed. Very good retention for the size.
View Quote

There's retention (the gun probably won't fall out if you jump or run fast), and then there's retention (the gun is actively locked in the holster, and it's not coming out until the lock is disabled).

In the world of retention, Safariland is king, IMO.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's retention (the gun probably won't fall out if you jump or run fast), and then there's retention (the gun is actively locked in the holster, and it's not coming out until the lock is disabled).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite right about the jumping and running part, I've not found a need for more serious retention though. To each his own.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quite right about the jumping and running part, I've not found a need for more serious retention though. To each his own.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe OP wants "the best retention holster" as title says because he will be open carrying in public and doesn't want his gun grabbed. I know you are not open carrying in public so "not fall out" retention is all you need.

I have a Safariland 6360 ALS/SLS for my Glock20 with light, it is a bit of a monster but I would consider it the best retention holster and pretty quick with some practice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#21]
If all you are looking for is jump type passive retention, raven concealment holsters are awesome. I have several.

I use a Safariland ALS at work. They are the king of active retention.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#22]
For work, Safariland for sure.  For every day carry with a retention feature, Blackhawk is fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#23]
When I carried a G19 with the sheriff's dept, I used a safariland 070 initially, then changed the backer plate to the lower 0705 version. Wore it that way for over a decade and even though it's level-3 retention, with practice it's very smooth.

I recently switched to an M&P in a safariland SLS; not sure of the model, but like it pretty well. Lot of folks like the ALS, but I never have. The SLS for whatever reason, works better for me than either the ALS or the ALS/SLS combination setups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top