Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2015 8:57:50 PM EDT
I'm looking for a nice-looking 1 1/2" belt that would look decent with a suit, be suitable to carry an FNX 45 (probably in a Kydex holster, if it matters), and be reasonably priced.  Ideally I'd get two, one in black and one in brown/cordovan.  I have a Milt Sparks in 1 1/4" that I'm happy with, but they're kind of expensive and they're quoting a 6-month lead time.  Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Beltman.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beltman.
View Quote

+1 and done.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
That was easy.  Hadn't heard of them before, but looks like it'll do nicely.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm partial to the Fat Boy.

Thick single, layer no buckle, they don't stretch, the owner is a great guy, will do pretty much anything to keep the customer happy, and he will absolutely talk your ear off about his products if you let him.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Beltman for suit attire. Ares Gear Ranger belt for everything else.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Beltman. I have the 1.5" Elephant hide and it is amazing. It supports all-day carry of my M9A1.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Went ahead and ordered from BeltMan this morning--I'm looking forward to getting it!  Between that and the holster I ordered yesterday, I'll see if I can manage hiding my FNX 45 under a suit.

They're about the same price as Milt Sparks ($100 for 1.5" Horsehide), but their lead time looks a lot better.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a belt man and a wilderness.

I like the option of the wilderness if I'm outside / in woods / gonna get wet / shoot a match ... it keeps my beltman nice for those special occasions
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Went ahead and ordered from BeltMan this morning--I'm looking forward to getting it!  Between that and the holster I ordered yesterday, I'll see if I can manage hiding my FNX 45 under a suit.

They're about the same price as Milt Sparks ($100 for 1.5" Horsehide), but their lead time looks a lot better.
View Quote
The FNX should be easy under the suit jacket, depending on body style of course, especially if you get the suit tailored to accommodate it. Once you take the jacket off all bets are off, though a tuckable IWB may work under the shirt if you have a tall/thin build and broad shoulders.

ETA: I carry my M9A1 OWB under a simple button-up most of the time, and it works great. The heavier fabric of a suit jacket would make it almost like cheating.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not expecting trouble with the FNX; I carry a P13-45 now without problems.  Due to poor planning on my part, though, I got a 1.25" belt and matching holster, and they just don't provide the support I'd like to have.  The FNX is also a few ounces lighter, which I doubt will be much help, but it can't hurt.  Too bad the TiRant is too long to easily conceal on the gun, though...
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1 and done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Beltman.

+1 and done.

+2 and done.

Just got mine.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
AG custom
A Better Belt
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
A Better Belt USA
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been wearing my Comp-Tac every day for about 3 years now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been wearing a Better Belt with custom belt buckle for 5 months.  I don't think I will ever need to buy another belt.  I think it could handle a Desert Eagle just fine.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1 and done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beltman.

+1 and done.

This.  All day long...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#18]
The only "Belt Man" I can find is in Australia.

What is the link for Beltman???

ETA: thebeltman.net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top