Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 9:05:23 AM EDT
In SE PA we get our fair share of lovely humidity and heat come mid June if not earlier in some cases. I have a beautiful Wright Leather Works IWB holster for my G19 but I know it'll get a bit uncomfortable with the weather. Anyone think switching to something like a Crossbreed would be a good idea with the plastic body or am I better off sucking it up?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CrossBreed SuperTuck for my G19/G26 and an Alien Gear for my Shield. I have tried a lot of other holsters and, IMO, I find the hybrid holsters to be THE most comfortable and concealable holsters I've ever tried. When you have summer heat and humidity and are sweating like a pig, nothing is ever truly comfortable, but the hybrid is the most comfortable. Unless I am sweating like a pig, I can truly forget I have them on, they are so comfortable. I'd give one a try. I think you'll like it.

Bub75
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think jm custom does one with neoprene wrap. Otherwise get a holster you like and glue neoprene to it with rubber cement.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind the single clip and twist-to-release system, the N82 Tactical Pro is quite pleasant when you're hot and sweaty.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The summers here are hot and very humid. I switched to kydex a decade ago and use it exclusively. Much better than leather in every way except it's not as "pretty" if you're into that. Me, I don't care what a CCW holster looks like.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Stealth Gear Onyx if you want a Hot Weather Hybrid.

I just carry in a Kydex holster that is wrapped in synthetic suede.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top