Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 4:17:24 AM EDT
Ive been thinking about having some front serrations done on my Glock, and im curious to know if it eats up the internal part of holsters? I have several kydex for various occasions, and the Raven Concealment I EDC is plastic, and I don't want to accelerate the wear of a daily carry holster by adding slidework that will chew it up.

Anybody have experience/advice?

ETA- I should have been more clear, the accelerated wear would come from repeatedly drawing the firearm in live drills and dry fire practice, not simply carrying it every day.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If you consider it, you are removing material from the slide thus making it smaller which will engage less surface contact with the holster.  

There will be no issues assuming whoever does the work doesn't leave stupid sharp edges.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I get the decreased dimensions part, I just wonder when repeatedly drawing from concealment if the roughness of the slide would damage the holster on the inside edges if it isn't drawn perfectly from the holster. By that I mean, if you carry IWB and draw from concealment, chances are you don't draw perfectly straight up and out of that holster every time. Im thinking examples such as drawing from prone or seated, etc.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the tightness of the holster and the sharpness of the serrations, you may get some shaving at first. It shouldn't wear out the kydex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top