Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2015 11:54:27 AM EDT
Recent events have caused me to consider carrying more than the mag in the pistol.  I typically either carry a M&P 9c or 9 mm Shield in a IWB holster.  Either pocket carry or another IWB holster seems like the two options for an extra mag.  Second option might be to start carrying the 9 mm FS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
With my VTAC 9mm I carry 2 reloads at 11 o'clock in bravo concealment double magazine pouch bullets toward buckle. With my 9mm shield I carry 2 reloads at 11 o'clock in 2 separate bravo concealment mag pouches bullets toward buckle. If I don't feel like putting the mag pouches on for either gun I will throw one reload in my front left pocket, but it is the ONLY thing in that pocket if I do that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry my reloads (either my Shield 9mm or my G19, whichever I have on me at the time) in my left front pocket. I'm right handed and the gun is carried IWB, about 4:00 o'clock or a little further back. Out of the way and no worries about printing on my belt or finding a comfortable mag holder. The only minor issue I have found is pocket lint, which really isn't a big deal, Just clean and blow out the mags every couple months and it isn't an issue at all. I've done this for years and never had a malf from the lint, even when there was quite a bit in the mags.

Bub75
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
OWB kydex at 10:00.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry owb (under a shirt) mag at "7". And in iwb my gun at 4.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Cary one in a single pouch.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Who makes the mag pouch?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
OWB kydex mag carrier, same as when I carry my Glock 23, 27, or 1911.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a spare shield mag in my front left pocket.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Safariland horizontal mag pouch I wear on my belt up by my belt buckle.   Either that or I pocket carry a mag.  Nothing else goes in the pocked except the reload.  The only pistol I don't carry a reload for is my LCP but the LCP is only a back up.   I probably should start carrying a re load for that one as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry a 9c and have a full size mag for a reload in a SHTF Gear horizontal mag pouch by my belt buckle. It's not the fastest reload but its very comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Comp-tac mag pouch for either my PPS or G19
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I carry my spares in Kytex mag pouches.  Best I've found for concealed carry.  Take up minimal space on the belt, keep the mags close to your body, and retain them well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry a reload in a kydex mag carrier on my left side (right handed). It's a lot faster than trying to shove your hand in your pocket, digging around to get a grip on something, and pull it out quickly especially under stress. In the carrier, the magazine is already indexed properly.

Magazines will shift in your pocket over time. They will flip and turn sideways. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who makes the mag pouch?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who makes the mag pouch?

Was made at a gun show, wish I would have got a few more.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been using a horizontal Magholder for my 9c. It seems to work ok and should make for a quick draw/reload. It protrudes a bit and probably prints more than I would like, but it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
In my purse.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I carried a MP9 FS in a Crossbreed with a single spare also in a Crossbreed and a second spare in a remora normally kept in my truck but easy to toss in my back pocket if I was going somewhere "sporty". Recently switched to a Shield, more for weight savings as it really doesn't conceal any better. Still rock the full size hogleg on occasion. LOVE the Crossbreed holster...not a fan of their spare mag holder though so im experimenting with owb options. As an aside, always carry a spare,its not about capacity, the mag is the weakest link.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I carry a reload in a kydex mag carrier on my left side (right handed). It's a lot faster than trying to shove your hand in your pocket, digging around to get a grip on something, and pull it out quickly especially under stress. In the carrier, the magazine is already indexed properly.

Magazines will shift in your pocket over time. They will flip and turn sideways. Don't do it.
View Quote

That's why a #3 Uncle Mikes pocket holster works great for my full-sized M&P mags as well as my Shield's mags.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry in a Bravo Concealment pouch OWB just behind my left hip. Gun is either OWB at 2:30 or AIWB in an Incog.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Not a Shield, a Ruger LC9, but the size is the same. I use a Kytex-brand owb mag holder. It's actually as slim as the IWB one's I've used and is more comfortable. They are very well priced.

I'm also fond of sticking a mag and a small flashlight in the front-left Velcro-flapped pocket of 5.11 pants, but that requires 5.11 pants.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I carry a Shield, when I am not carrying my G19.  I need to get a mag holder for it.  With jeans, it fits perfectly in that fifth pocket.  But now that I am wearing shorts, I have just been sticking it in my pocket, which is annoying.

ETA - ordered a kydex single mag carrier.  Thanks for the reminder OP.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#22]
For those carrying Shields, are you carrying one spare mag or two?

Switching over to a single stack has me pondering these questions...

I ordered a single mag pouch but am now trying to decide whether or not to order an extra one (or possibly one double mag pouch).
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For those carrying Shields, are you carrying one spare mag or two?

Switching over to a single stack has me pondering these questions...

I ordered a single mag pouch but am now trying to decide whether or not to order an extra one (or possibly one double mag pouch).
View Quote

When I carry a semi auto handgun, I only carry one spare mag. Regardless of capacity of the gun.

Only reason I carry a spare mag is because the magazine is the most likely area you'll have a malfunction with your gun.

If I carry my 5 shot J-frame, I don't pack any ammo other than what's in the gun.

ETA:  as far as mag pouches, if you want to carry 2 mags, I think it's more comfortable, and easier to conceal 2 separate pouches. I'll put one at the 10:00 position, and one at the 8:00 position.

I carry my spare mag at the 8:00 position. I only carry 2 mags if I'm carrying 2 guns. Malfunction backup for each.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#24]
honestly i don't, don't see the point
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I carry two spare mags in on your 6 designs mag pouches. They're inexpensive, and do a good job.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#26]
2 spare mags in my left hand front pocket in a double mag pouch when carrying any single stack (low cap) mags, if a double column (standard cap) mag I carry a single spare in same pocket, usually not in a pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top