Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 2:06:11 PM EDT
I carry a shield in a comp-tac infidel 65% of the time and an M&p VTAC with TLR1 in a Bravo Concealment RTT holster the rest of the time. I have had the RTT for about 5 months its awesome, the Infidel I have had for about 3 and a half years its ok. I never really thought badly of the infidel until I started carrying the RTT. Compared to the Bravo concealment holster he infidels has horrible weapon retention and due to the belt clip the holster shifts up and down allot on a normal belt or if I am wearing an actual gun belt the clip will just come off the rigid belt completely. Well today I was getting into my car and the infidel caught the steering wheel and came off my belt, out of my pants, and fell into the driver seat of my car. So that got me thinking, if I ever needed my gun that holster is not dependable, the retention for the gun is way too low and the clip would need to be replaced with hard one piece loops like on my RTT. So I have been looking around at some holsters for the shield. I prefer to wear kydex at 4 o'clock IWB or OWB both are fine by me as long as they ride close to the body. So far I am looking at Raven Concealment Phantom, another Bravo Concealment RTT, Off the grid concepts sidewinder, and a few others. What would you guys recommend, or avoid?

TLDR I need a new kydex holster for m&p shield IWB or OWB, before I drop money on another holster I wanted to ask you guys what you would recommend?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
www.phlster.com
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
First slow down and breath.  LOL  Your post comes off very hurried for some reason LOL.  

Now I recommend you look at LFI Custom or NuOSU concealment.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I would message goodmedicine.

I have one of his holsters, its great.  I just cant get behind spending 100's for a holster because of the name.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like my JM Custom IWB3 although they have a lot of different styles so you can get exactly what you need.

The Comp-Tac Infidel is crap.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like my JM Custom IWB3 although they have a lot of different styles so you can get exactly what you need.

View Quote

Not even close- you just have to know how to wear the holster. I've used the Infidel for many years for AIWB carry and never once had an issue with it ? Please elaborate on the crap part ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]

disclosure, that is my page.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Raven

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Been running my Shield in a Foxx Trapp holster for about 16 months now. Does pretty well.  

Disclosure..I can't carry while at work, so I'm not wearing it for 8-10 hours a day every day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Tons of good suggestions I had not heard before, you guys are the best. Reading through all the comments and checking out all the cool kydex now. Keep them coming.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I like Nuosu and JM custom. Also, search gun_craft on Facebook. They're related to Agency Arms.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have one of his holsters, its great.  I just cant get behind spending 100's for a holster because of the name.
View Quote

This times 5 actually...
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This times 5 actually...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This times 5 actually...

And he's a damn nice/good guy too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not even close- you just have to know how to wear the holster. I've used the Infidel for many years for AIWB carry and never once had an issue with it ? Please elaborate on the crap part ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The molding is uncomfortable. The clip has a tendency to come off the belt (has been my experience and others). AIWB should have a 0 cant which the Infidel does not have. I've owned two and sold them promptly. At the price point, there are substantially better options for just a few more dollars. My opinion and that's all that matters for me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna recommend the BlackPoint Tactical Mini Wing.

Live mine for my Shield. A little spendy, but it works!

It's pretty damn slim in the holster.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I never had a problem with my Infidel staying on my belt.  I didn't think it concealed as well as an MTAC, so I used the MTAC a lot more.  Then I started carrying AIWB 99% of the time and sold both of them.

If I carry concealed on the hip, IWB or OWB, I'm using a Raven Phantom.  They're absolutely worth the money IMO.  Great holsters, responsive customer service, and a no questions asked warranty.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Still needing an OWB?

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Some really sweet rigs in here. Wont be ordering for another few days still trying to take it all in.

I am leaning towards the raven phantom at the moment. Anyone order a raven phantom and not like it, if so why and what did you settle on after that?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy from an arfcommer is all I have to say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top