Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2015 11:28:53 AM EDT
My primary EDC pistol is a Glock 19 75-80% of the time and a 17 or 20 the rest of the time. I carry my primary in kydex IWB holsters exclusively.

Most of the time my BUG is a Kahr PM9 but will be switching to a Glock 43 in the next couple weeks. I carry the Kahr in an ankle holster when I'm wearing pants but in shorts I have to go with a Kel-Tec P32 with belt clip or in a pocket holster.

When I get the 43 I'd like to try a second belt holster to carry the larger BUG in shorts. I'd like something more to the middle of my back so the 2nd gun is accesible to either hand. I've tried an IWB in the back before and it's just not comfortable so something outside the pants, preferably.

Anyone carry a BUG on the belt? Any suggestions for methods or specific holsters?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't often carry a BUG, but when I do it is a compact 1911 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special holster.  It is at 10 o'clock, which provides easy right-hand access, but difficult left-hand access.  Primary is a full size 1911 in a M.S. VM2 at 3 o'clock (right hip).
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If I'm carrying my Shield or Glock 23 in an OWB holster, I'll AIWB carry my PF9 sometimes.

If I'm open carrying my 1911 or Glock 23, I always carry my Shield or PF9 AIWB concealed.

Pocket carry just doesn't work for me, so any BUG has to be on the belt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
When hiking I've carried as many as 3 guns on the belt (Beretta M9A1 owb strongside, Ruger Blackhawk crossdraw, and Ruger LC9 aiwb).

It's not uncommon for me to carry the Beretta strongside and the LC9 aiwb when I work at the local gunstore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I read an interesting article years ago about "Mirror Carry"  The author carried two G26s in leather pancake rigs on the 3 and 9.  Looked to be an awesome setup.  

I think a dual set of 43s would be great for this purpose.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I've meet a couple people who carry a pair of Glock 19s in AIWB.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
One G19 w/ reloads.

The end.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One G19 w/ reloads.

The end.

View Quote

Already got that, but I almost always carry a second gun. Honestly, I see it more as hand off piece for my wife than thinking I'll need a second pistol myself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've meet a couple people who carry a pair of Glock 19s in AIWB.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Already got that, but I almost always carry a second gun. Honestly, I see it more as hand off piece for my wife than thinking I'll need a second pistol myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One G19 w/ reloads.

The end.

Why isn't she carrying her own gun?

Seems like an unnecessary complication.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One G19 w/ reloads.

The end.

It's very difficult for a young, thin woman with any sense of style to dress around a gun. Men's clothes are much more forgiving when it somes to concealment options. Women's clothes are shorter, more fitted, have tiny or nonexistent pockets, etc. They can't get away with a loose fitting button down and a pair of comfortable jeans.

When she does carry her own gun, it's limited to a hard chromed KelTec P32 with belt clip tucked into her waistband.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Fair enough. Carry on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Second gun is overkill.

What are the statistical odds that any non-LEO gets in a gunfight and has to go to a BUG?

Better off taking spare mags, as it will be quicker to clear a malfunction than switch to a second gun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's very difficult for a young, thin woman with any sense of style to dress around a gun. Men's clothes are much more forgiving when it somes to concealment options. Women's clothes are shorter, more fitted, have tiny or nonexistent pockets, etc. They can't get away with a loose fitting button down and a pair of comfortable jeans.

When she does carry her own gun, it's limited to a hard chromed KelTec P32 with belt clip tucked into her waistband.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One G19 w/ reloads.

The end.

I used to agree with you until I saw this young lady (Rose).  And she lives in HOT  Las Vegas.

INSTAGRAM SPDSTRSS

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One G19 w/ reloads.

The end.

Something like a S&W Shield should be fairly easy to carry.

I just don't think you carrying a pistol for both you and your wife is real practical.

Shit, her carrying almost any gun is better than you carrying both.

That being said, it's good to hear she's on board with the subject in principle...now to get her something she can and will apply. Given you two aren't always together, I think it'd be a good idea if she were more autonomous in regards to her and both of your self defense.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Since I picked up the Glock 43 I've been experimenting with carrying it SOB in a cheap IWB holster. It's actually very comfortable and conceals easily in the hollow of my back between 6-7 o'clock with my G19 at 3-4 o'clock. It's also easily accessible with either hand which is a major plus. I'd like to find another holster that would be comfortable in the same location, but that has more retention. A simple clip style kydex IWB would work but I don't think it be as comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I know a bunch of ARfcommers have some kind of wet dream where they need a bunch of guns/knives but realistically the more you carry the harder retention is. Your more likely to be involved in a physical altercation then a shooting. In a physical altercation your more likely to have gear go flying or have it taken from you.

If you absolutely must carry a second gun for peace of mind your probably better off putting it in a pocket.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know a bunch of ARfcommers have some kind of wet dream where they need a bunch of guns/knives but realistically the more you carry the harder retention is. Your more likely to be involved in a physical altercation then a shooting. In a physical altercation your more likely to have gear go flying or have it taken from you.

If you absolutely must carry a second gun for peace of mind your probably better off putting it in a pocket.

View Quote

Great advice.

Non LEOs carrying multiple guns is a bit Walter Mitty but if you mast carry more than one then pocket carry makes the most sense.

When I'm not in my tac gear I carry a second gun on my ankle only because the BUGs I'm authorized to carry can't fit in a pocket. I've tried to carry a second on my belt, but the belt got heavy with everything else I have to carry. Off duty I carry one fighting sized gun and multiple reloads.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#18]
If I'm going to carry two guns,  It's a glock 17 ans a glock 26. I use knight hawk IWB holsters.  their 10 bucks.  
mac
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Second gun is overkill.

What are the statistical odds that any non-LEO gets in a gunfight and has to go to a BUG?

Better off taking spare mags, as it will be quicker to clear a malfunction than switch to a second gun.
View Quote

No its not. Most malfunction drills require dropping the magazine, then addressing the issue, then retrieving another magazine, then inserting, and chambering. I've practiced my tap/rack/bang and sports drills. Whether its rifle or pistol, a second gun is ALWAYS faster to draw.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No its not. Most malfunction drills require dropping the magazine, then addressing the issue, then retrieving another magazine, then inserting, and chambering. I've practiced my tap/rack/bang and sports drills. Whether its rifle or pistol, a second gun is ALWAYS faster to draw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Second gun is overkill.

Yep. Especially if its carried on the belt as opposed to an ankle or pocket holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top